PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 4-5 Players Sun (21 May) 11am-4pm EDT/GMT-4, D&D 5e, The Sunless Citadel

fightingcrow60
May 9th, 2017, 02:26
Adventure Scenario:
"A once-proud fortress fell into the earth in an age long past. Now known as the Sunless Citadel, its echoing, broken halls house malign creatures. Evil has taken root at the citadel's core, which is deep within a subterranean garden of blighted foliage. Here a terrible tree and its dark shepherd plot in darkness..."

Players should reach level 3 by the end of the adventure. I will likely move on to Forge of Fury afterwards, returning players will get priority on party selection.

FG License: Ultimate, Players only need the Demo

Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EDT/GMT -4

Day/Time: Sunday, 11am to 4pm

Start date: May 21 and 28 (submit Char Sheets in XML format by Friday, 19 May to [email protected])

Session Duration: 4-5 hour sessions

Term: 2 planned sessions, will schedule third session if needed

Text or Voice: Voice

Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat Mix: About 50/50 since this is a low-level hardcover adventure

Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 (0 XP), standard equipment or max gold option

Character restrictions: Complete backgrounds (traits, ideals, bonds, flaws); Good/Neutral alignments only*; Hardcover races/classes only (PHB, DMG, EEPC, SCAG, VOLO); No unearthed arcana mods; Ability scores may use 27-point buy or standard array option

*I will run this adventure for an evil party, but only if ALL characters are evil aligned and have a common bond, such as:
- a drow raiding party
- an orc/half-orc brute squad
- a gang of human bandits
- a group of yuan-ti snake worshippers

Game Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2539

About Me:
Greetings LFGers - I'm Jeremy and I have been playing D&D since the 5th edition release in 2014. Recently started DMing, but with positive comments from my players so far. I have been a fan of the Forgotten Realms setting since 2001 through video games Icewind Dale and Baulder's Gate, which subsequently got me hooked on the Legend of Drizzt books by RA Salvatore. I have been using Fantasy Grounds since April 2015, so I am very comfortable with using the interface and can help folks new to FG get going. I also use Dungeon Painter Studio to create additional maps/content. I love the mechanics of combat, which is what attracted me to the 5th edition ruleset, but also enjoy character exploration/role play. During combat I like to describe what my character is doing in the 3rd person perspective: "Grahl reverses his grip on the shortsword and lunges at the cowering goblin, plunging the tip of his blade clean through his foe..." but as a DM I also like to use 1st-person with different voices/personalities. I try not to oversell it though. I like to reward creative gameplay - while it is totally fine if you hack-n-slash your way through the adventure, I really like when players use more than just their sword and shield to solve problems. Creative players may find a tattered scrap of parchment sticking out of that dead goblin's pocket with a portion of the dungeon scrawled on it, or perhaps you gave that gate guard a particularly witty reply to his gruff "who goes there" and you get advantage on your next charisma roll during the ensuing conversation. I'm okay with min/max players in my hardcover adventures, as long as they can sell it effectively. Less so in homebrew adventures.

About You:
Please be on time; be courteous to one another; don't metagame; be willing to adjust your voice chat/mic settings so that your audio feed is not distracting to other players; relax, have fun and be yourself.

JHale1966
May 9th, 2017, 09:27
I'm so interested. Let me get my Half-Orc Barbarian started and I'll send the info. :)

ripjames
May 9th, 2017, 12:49
I am interested as well let me get a half elf fighter ready and I will message you the info as well

Craig8888
May 10th, 2017, 00:11
Interested, with a rock gnome rogue, I will send it over. I definitely prefer a good aligned party.

fightingcrow60
May 10th, 2017, 02:30
Hey guys, thanks for your interest. Looking forward to seeing your character sheets. If you don't mind, please tell me a little about your experience level with D&D 5e and Fantasy Grounds. No worries if you are new to both...I would actually like to have a mix of experience levels in the party.

AncientArchaic
May 10th, 2017, 02:45
intrigued: I recognize the title, have probably read a comic about this game, but I could be wrong. I've played forward from AD&D through 3rd/3.5/Pathfinder, all together skipping 4e and quite enjoy 5e as well as a number of other systems. I take character background/writing fairly seriously, even if they should only survive a session or two. I've played through a few one offs of late on FG fairly familiar with it. usually remember how to set up skills and extra abilities under actions and such. I'm less the role filler more I will find an idea (usually from my background) and go with it. I am comfortable with adjusting to the player group in terms of alignment as needed.

fightingcrow60
May 10th, 2017, 03:37
Also, it is totally cool if you want to submit both a primary and an alternate. (please limit to 2 characters though.)

fightingcrow60
May 10th, 2017, 03:39
Interested, with a rock gnome rogue, I will send it over. I definitely prefer a good aligned party.

Saw your Rock Gnome Rogue, sent you a reply e-mail

M0rganstern
May 10th, 2017, 04:01
Curious about this, if only to see where D&D went after the great schism. Haven't played it since 3.5, so you'd have to put up with 2 weeks of someone wondering why I don't have skill points and pontificating about how powerful disadvantage is.

One thing I need to know, though: How much sun is this citadel going to have?

Praetorian
May 10th, 2017, 04:18
I'd like to sign up. My quick idea is a Half-Elf Warlock. I can submit him by Wednesday, March 10th.

Are you allowing feats?

Point buy or stat array for character creation?

About Me:
I'm Ramsay and I'd been roleplaying for 20+ years, both as player and GM. I've got a year's worth of Fantasy Grounds experience under my belt, but I'm always looking for another game and character to enjoy.

ripjames
May 10th, 2017, 11:45
Hello,
I am Mike, I am 37, I consider myself a new to 5E, I seem to be rooted in 3.5 and Pathfinder, though I do have some experience, sometimes I try to default to Full Round Actions, so I consider myself a newb. I have been playing off and on since 3.5 came out though mostly they have been short campaigns. I have several One-Shots for 5E under my belt and feel comfortable with Fantasy Grounds. I own my own copy and have several of the supplements in FG. I have a character almost finished I can sumbit when you are ready.

AncientArchaic
May 10th, 2017, 13:12
Sent both: You had volo's as active if not mistaken; the Genasi Monk would be the primary otherwise the Ghostwise Halfling Ranger would be the alternate. I can write up a couple more if need be. @Praetorian I still haven't gotten him to say how he's generating ability stats built both of mine off of standard array.

fightingcrow60
May 10th, 2017, 23:14
I'd like to sign up. My quick idea is a Half-Elf Warlock. I can submit him by Wednesday, March 10th.

Are you allowing feats?

Point buy or stat array for character creation?

Hey Ramsey, nice to meet you. You can go point buy or static array for ability scores (I edited the top post to include this info - thanks for the reminder.) As far as feats go, I am going to limit them to Human-Variant characters only. All characters will have the option to take a feat at level 4 instead of the ability score increase, but we won't hit lvl 4 in this adventure. (probably the one after though.)

Look forward to seeing your character sheet!

Semper Fi
-jeremy

fightingcrow60
May 10th, 2017, 23:20
Curious about this, if only to see where D&D went after the great schism. Haven't played it since 3.5, so you'd have to put up with 2 weeks of someone wondering why I don't have skill points and pontificating about how powerful disadvantage is.

One thing I need to know, though: How much sun is this citadel going to have?

If you have played other versions of D&D, you will find 5e to run very smooth after only a few sessions. The Sunless Citadel is a 3.5e adventure that was converted to 5e for the release of Tales of the Yawning Portal.

fightingcrow60
May 10th, 2017, 23:24
Hello,
I am Mike, I am 37, I consider myself a new to 5E, I seem to be rooted in 3.5 and Pathfinder, though I do have some experience, sometimes I try to default to Full Round Actions, so I consider myself a newb. I have been playing off and on since 3.5 came out though mostly they have been short campaigns. I have several One-Shots for 5E under my belt and feel comfortable with Fantasy Grounds. I own my own copy and have several of the supplements in FG. I have a character almost finished I can sumbit when you are ready.

Hello Mike! Don't worry, newbs are welcome. When you are done with your character, just export it to XML format and e-mail me the file: [email protected]

cheers, -jeremy

Rhuzhen
May 12th, 2017, 11:26
Heres just a rundown about myself:
Voice Apps I am familiar with are Skype, Teamspeak, Discord. I have used a few others as well
I am in GMT -8 (Pacific Standard Time) So I believe this means that I'd be up at 7am my time to play with your group if you take me on.
My current availability is completely open for the next 4 weeks, things are subject to change afterwards but most likely will only affect Mon-Wed.
I would play this on Steam using the Demo version

Now, info about me as a player.
I have participated in roughly 8-10 sessions of several tabletop formats. That is I have played World of Darkness, DnD 4e, and DnD 5e

Generally, I prefer roleplay and "creative" actions in combat. For example, once I was playing as a DnD5e Dwarf Paladin. In an encounter there was an enemy throwing something (dont remember the weapon) at me from across the room but close enough for me to "charge" at them. As I recall the rulebook did not seem to cover the idea of "I want to charge at him and end at a full body shield bash/tackle". Either the GM had no idea how to resolve this or they were honestly telling me that such an action was "not possible".
With a different, more flexible GM using DnD4e rules I was again a Dwarf Paladin. In a few encounters with their group I was allowed to use my human ally as a springboard, that is I was allowed to run up his back and pounce at an enemy ahead of us, cannonball fashion shield up. In another battle an enemy was above us on a relatively high platform but again I asked an ally to help me to launch up to reach the platform and climb over.

I am open to doing Evil or Good, though I prefer to be a form of support character. I had once wanted to be mage-types only but I found that their participation in combat was fairly boring. Lately I've decided to be a Paladin more often than not because I can still perform the role of healer while being "allowed" to do more interesting things as a melee combatant. At this time I have no experience at all in using the Fantasy Grounds program and I do not have a character in mind at this time.

fightingcrow60
May 13th, 2017, 19:15
Hey gang, just an update on party development - we have submissions for the tank, healer, caster and melee support roles. Someone also contacted me wanting to submit a wizard, but I have not received a character sheet yet.

Please keep in mind that no one has been guaranteed a spot just yet, we still have a week of recruiting left. The entries below only reflect what has been submitted so far:

Primaries:
TANK........................Half-Orc Barbarian
HEALER.....................Green Dragonborn Cleric
CASTER.....................Half-Elf Warlock
COMBAT SUPPORT......Earth Genasi Monk -or- Rock Gnome Rogue
UTILITY.....................________________

Alternates:
TANK........................Ghostwise Halfling Ranger
HEALER.....................________________
CASTER.....................________________
COMBAT SUPPORT......Human-Variant Rogue
UTILITY.....................________________

Lyconius
May 13th, 2017, 19:40
Definitely interested. Will sent a character sheet over. Will also PM you with game experience.

fightingcrow60
May 15th, 2017, 15:37
Thanks everyone for your interest. At this point the roster is full, so I am going to stop actively recruiting for this campaign, but I will still accept character sheets from anyone who would like to be added to the substitution roster. Please e-mail them to [email protected] and include a brief description of your experience with D&D 5e and with Fantasy Grounds.

Praetorian
May 19th, 2017, 03:42
Do you need our Discord information before Sunday? What is the FG server info?

My Discord Username: Lachlan Ceallach#8966

Thanks.

johnshep
June 4th, 2017, 22:23
would really enjoy joining your current team or being involved in a new adventure!

Thanks,
John