PDA

View Full Version : Steam Client Unavailable error

Teufelhunde87
May 8th, 2017, 20:56
I just started getting this error last night, and I am logged in to Steam. I never had issues before. Now my Steam purchases aren't showing up. Did something change in the updater? I have a game coming up and MY Deluxe PHB isn't available! Has anyone had Steam update issues?

Teufelhunde87
May 8th, 2017, 21:15
Well for now, I went in and updated as DEV. Then re-updated as Live. Crashed my Updater and had to use the UpdaterEngine.exe to get the updater working again. When it updated this time, all my WOTC purchases from the store updated fine, but still getting Steam error. At least my PHB and most other store purchases are back. Is there a Steam link issue for anyone else?

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2017, 21:25
No one else has reported this issue to date.

A couple notes and items to check:
* You should not be running in Dev mode. I am running a test with a brand new updater which is in mid-development and testing.
* Are you running Steam at the time you are updating?
* Are you running on a PC or Mac?
* Have you tried rebooting, and ensuring that Steam is running before updating?

If you try all those and still getting an error, please turn on Enhanced update logging in the FG Settings, and run the Update again. Then, send a copy of the update.log file in your FG data directory and a screenshot (Alt+PrtScr) of your FG Settings to [email protected].

Regards,
JPG

Teufelhunde87
May 8th, 2017, 21:33
I only did Dev mode to reset my updater. I almost always run live as I DM games. Doing that reset my module updates and got my store purchases back current so I am functional now. Mostly modules from Steam.
I tried to update through my Steam FG exe and my regular FG exe. Both failed. I re-synced my Steam account when I did the Dev trick, failed on update again.
Running PC
And tried rebooting and Steam is running!
Never had update issues from Steam before yesterday. It did a small update and hung on the Steam portion, giving me the Client unavailable error.
Thanks Moon!

Teufelhunde87
May 8th, 2017, 22:04
Gotta be in my desktop. Laptop loaded fine. Back to the drawing board!