PDA

View Full Version : A quick question regarding auto saving notification on console window

Procurator
May 8th, 2017, 18:25
Hello all,

I have no reason to currently frett this, but I haven't made a lot of user side content and attempted to save it yet.

I occasionally get the following message that pops up on my console window:

"Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error (13): Permission denied
Database Notice: Campaign saved."

Is this a point of concern when I start creating content within my campaign that supplements the core books? or....
Is this just notifying me I have purchased content that cannot be overridden? (i.e. PHB, DMG?)

Conditions:
I have 5e DM, PHB, MM, and Volo's guide enabled in my campaign. No new tables, notes, stories, or imagines and such created yet. Full Lic.

Thank you for your time.

Trenloe
May 8th, 2017, 18:30
The GlobalRegistry.lua file stores campaign preferences for some rulesets. So, in terms of your custom content, this specific file is not an issue. However, having permission denied on one file is an indication that file permissions aren't right and so you could have other issues down the line. Best to fix it now. Further info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

Procurator
May 8th, 2017, 19:29
Thank you for the information. Moved the data file and updating now then will test it out again.

Appreciate the time.

Nylanfs
May 8th, 2017, 19:53
Also make sure that you aren't trying to save to a auto-synced location like Drive or Dropbox.

Procurator
May 8th, 2017, 21:59
Ensured! Thanks for the reminder.