PDA

View Full Version : Updated to 3.3.0 - Class Abilities now blank, Can't drag Racial Traits into list

intervolver
May 8th, 2017, 03:30
I'm a relatively new FG user. Everything was going fine, and then I made the classic mistake of updating my software :p

Environment: Windows 7, Ultimate Edition (GM), software version 3.3.0

Issues:

Existing class abilities are now blank when clicking on the details button
Dragging a Class Ability into the Class Ability list places it in the Feats list instead
Dragging a Racial Trait into the new Racial Traits list places it in the Feats list instead

Steps Performed:

Removed CoreRPG.pak and PFRPG.pak files from the ruleset folder
Updated the software again successfully (forgot to mention this, thanks LordEntrails)
Verified that CoreRPG and PFRPG are version 3.3.0

Here is an image that shows the extension versions in the chat on load, and roughly demonstrates the issue on one of my PCs; dragging stuff only seems to drop it in the feats list. Everything was working fine before the update!
https://i.imgur.com/TTCXWOl.png?1

Looking around I see that rolling back the software version doesn't seem to be possible, and I couldn't see anything suggesting that modules needed to be a certain version. Help would be appreciated.

LordEntrails
May 8th, 2017, 04:21
Did you run an update successfully after removing the pak Files?

intervolver
May 8th, 2017, 04:37
Did you run an update successfully after removing the pak Files?

I should have specified that yes, I did.

Wookiee420
May 8th, 2017, 05:09
what happens if you disable both themes?

Nickademus
May 8th, 2017, 05:31
I'm a relatively new FG user. Everything was going fine, and then I made the classic mistake of updating my software :p

Environment: Windows 7, Ultimate Edition (GM), software version 3.3.0

Issues:

Existing class abilities are now blank when clicking on the details button
Dragging a Class Ability into the Class Ability list places it in the Feats list instead
Dragging a Racial Trait into the new Racial Traits list places it in the Feats list instead

Steps Performed:

Removed CoreRPG.pak and PFRPG.pak files from the ruleset folder
Updated the software again successfully (forgot to mention this, thanks LordEntrails)
Verified that CoreRPG and PFRPG are version 3.3.0

Here is an image that shows the extension versions in the chat on load, and roughly demonstrates the issue on one of my PCs; dragging stuff only seems to drop it in the feats list. Everything was working fine before the update!
https://i.imgur.com/TTCXWOl.png?1

Looking around I see that rolling back the software version doesn't seem to be possible, and I couldn't see anything suggesting that modules needed to be a certain version. Help would be appreciated.

Just a guess, but it sounds like you are using the free Class and Race Module for PF found on this forum. The underlying structure of the PF ruleset changed in this last update. The sections that were Feats, Proficiencies and Abilities used to take a form of a feat object, meaning you could drag things into whichever window you wanted. Now, when you drag something onto the character sheet, it puts it in the section it belongs. Unfortunately, this means that all the old data is treated like a feat and put in the feat section. Furthermore, data in other sections can no longer be found since it isn't in the format FG now looks for (hence the blank entries).

Solutions: Buy the PF module that has the proper formatting, or rebuild the character manually without dragging-and-dropping anything. (Or of course, just store everything in the Feats section, but that isn't a good solution.)

intervolver
May 8th, 2017, 05:53
Just a guess, but it sounds like you are using the free Class and Race Module for PF found on this forum. The underlying structure of the PF ruleset changed in this last update. The sections that were Feats, Proficiencies and Abilities used to take a form of a feat object, meaning you could drag things into whichever window you wanted. Now, when you drag something onto the character sheet, it puts it in the section it belongs. Unfortunately, this means that all the old data is treated like a feat and put in the feat section. Furthermore, data in other sections can no longer be found since it isn't in the format FG now looks for (hence the blank entries).

Solutions: Buy the PF module that has the proper formatting, or rebuild the character manually without dragging-and-dropping anything. (Or of course, just store everything in the Feats section, but that isn't a good solution.)

Well, I think this is what's happening, I am indeed using the free module. I can't get the paid module for a while so is my current option to wait for the module to be updated?

Edit: When I eventually do get the paid module, is it updated along with the client?

Trenloe
May 8th, 2017, 16:34
Edit: When I eventually do get the paid module, is it updated along with the client?

Yes.

And, as an FYI, from your screenshot in post #1, you're running two themes - Dungeon and Wood. You should only ever run one them at a time, they will clash and won't operate as originally designed.