PDA

View Full Version : Concentration Mod effect?

nickabbey
May 6th, 2017, 22:54
Since there's an entry in the spell class section of the action tab for Conc. Check (under the magnifying glass where you enter your spell pen adjustment, CL, etc...) I was thinking that this is probably a stat that could be changed with an effect, but the documentation doesn't included "Conc. Check" as an available effect.

I'm wondering if there IS something that maybe I missed on the effects docs? If not - is this something that is in in the dev's plans for future release?

So far, the only way I have seen to increase your concentration check is a manual modifier in the dice mod field (bottom left) or an effect to boost int by +2 for each +1 you wish to add to the conc. check.

Moon Wizard
May 7th, 2017, 03:35
In the spell class details (press magnifying glass next to spell class name and caster level), there is a field that allows a modifier to be applied to all concentration checks for that spell class.

That's the only way to modify the concentration check roll at this time.

Regards,
JPG

nickabbey
May 7th, 2017, 04:14
Yeah, that's the field I was referring to. I could create new spell classes for different conc check values, but that really clutters up the action tab in to unnavigable mess. From a user perspective, the interface makes it appear similar to other calculated values that DO have effects, such as ATK, CMB, etc... Based on outward appearances, I thought maybe it wouldn't be too hard to code. (He said, knowing full well that during his day job he poo-poo's users who have no concept of what a data model even is when they make statements about how easy the changes they want should be to implement)

Anyway, this all came about because my magus PC already has way too many spell blocks already, so I don't want to add new ones for Spell Combat. I've got blocks for Weapons, Arcana, Magic, Combat actions (charge, flank, etc), Consumables and Racial abilities/SLA's. Improved Spell Combat with a +4 int would mean I'd need 4 more groups, each with incremental increases to concentration. When I get to a +5 int mod, I'll need another one. In order to avoid that I currently have Spell Combat modeled a very convoluted way, but it's the best I've been able to come up with. It'd be WAY easier if I just had an effect per spell level like "Imp. Spell Combat; ATK: -3; CONC: +3"

Just some food for thought. I have something that works, but is ugly and more than a little cumbersome.

Bidmaron
May 7th, 2017, 13:14
nick abbey, any improvements are unlikely unless you go to the wishlist here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/) and put in what you want. MW and SW are far too busy to track every thread with a great idea.