PDA

View Full Version : How to import Modules for new rulesets

blairasylum
January 6th, 2006, 02:38
Hello all!! I'm very new at this and have searched the message boards over and over looking for some assistance on an issue I ran into.

I have created a new adventure and am looking to export it to a campaign that I'm starting up. I created a new ruleset for the campaign that contains house rules and some major changes to the regular D20 ruleset. I created a new campaign and then created an adventure. I used the default d20 ruleset when doing this. I've created a new campaign using the new ruleset, but can't get my module to show up in the "activate module" list. It will show up if I create a new campaign using the default D20 ruleset. Is there a way to use modules with different rulesets?

Please help me, I've been racking my brain on this one for about a week now.

Thanks,

Blairasylum

gurney9999
January 6th, 2006, 03:38
The ruleset of the campaign you export from is tied to the module. The campaign you are trying to pull the module into has to be that same ruleset, or it won't show up on the module activation screen.

You can handle your problem in one of two ways:

open your existing .mod file in winzip and open the definition.xml file in notepad and change the ruleset to match your ruleset.

Or,

Re-export the module from the campaign you exported it from in the first place, but before you do that open the campaign.xml file in notepad and change the ruleset.

I know the 2nd option works. I'm not sure about the first option, but in theory this should work :)

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong :)

joshuha
January 6th, 2006, 04:09
I think if you put the following in the base.xml file of your ruleset it will accept modules from d20 ruleset. Just make sure you know everything is compatible.

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="d20" />
</importinfo>

gurney9999
January 6th, 2006, 05:09
I think if you put the following in the base.xml file of your ruleset it will accept modules from d20 ruleset. Just make sure you know everything is compatible.Or do that :)

freckle_smoker
February 16th, 2006, 20:10
Thanks Joshuha .