PDA

View Full Version : Official RotR AP for FG questions

Callum
May 3rd, 2017, 11:29
I've just watched Doug's excellent video showing off the RotR AP for FG, and it looks great! I have a couple of questions, though.

Doug implied this in the video, but I just want to make sure - is all the content editable? For example, if I want to change some of the chat-box text in an encounter, can I do that, but still use the rest as written? How about if I want to adjust the stats of some of the NPCs (eg correcting all the goblins' hp)? Or replace a players' map with a more detailed version?

Secondly, are all the NPCs contained within the module, even if they are standard monsters? Or are they linked out to other modules? For example, if I click on the link for a goblin dog in the Burnt Offerings module, what does it open? Does it make any difference if I have the PFRPG Basic Rules module open, or the Pathfinder Core Rules module open? What will happen if I click on the link for an NPC's spell without any other modules open?

Thanks for your help!

madman
May 3rd, 2017, 17:32
is all the content editable? For example, if I want to change some of the chat-box text in an encounter, can I do that, but still use the rest as written? How about if I want to adjust the stats of some of the NPCs (eg correcting all the goblins' hp)? Or replace a players' map with a more detailed version?

Secondly, are all the NPCs contained within the module, even if they are standard monsters? Or are they linked out to other modules? For example, if I click on the link for a goblin dog in the Burnt Offerings module, what does it open? Does it make any difference if I have the PFRPG Basic Rules module open, or the Pathfinder Core Rules module open? What will happen if I click on the link for an NPC's spell without any other modules open?
I would also like to know if they come with tokens or if they use the letter tokens?

Trenloe
May 3rd, 2017, 17:39
A lot of this information is included in the video in the product page in the store: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=PZOSMWPZO1002FG

NPCs are mentioned starting around 6:10.

Callum
May 4th, 2017, 09:03
Thanks for taking the time to respond, Trenloe. However, in my original post I mentioned that I had already watched the video, and that these were questions I still had afterwards. In fact, I had gone back over the video a second time to look for the answers before posting. I've just gone and watched the part you pointed to again, and it doesn't appear to answer my questions.

If anyone who knows the answers would like to answer my questions, that would be most appreciated!

Trenloe
May 4th, 2017, 13:05
Thanks for taking the time to respond, Trenloe. However, in my original post I mentioned that I had already watched the video, and that these were questions I still had afterwards.
Sorry, I was more referring to madman's question.

To try to address your questions: The RotRL modules are standard FG modules, so you can access the data from either the library or the buttons down the right side of the desktop. Entries can be unlocked and modified. As usual, this will not change the base module, but will present modified data only in the campaign where the edits were made. So you can change chat text in a story, edit a NPC, etc..

Issues come when you want to add a new map - you'd have to add this as a new record, not overwriting an existing map. You wouldn't have the links on the new map (you'd need to recreate them) and any links to the original map would need to be recreated.

The NPC data and tokens are contained within the adventure module. Spell details are self contained within the NPC records (they always have been in the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset), they don't link to other modules.

Hope that helps and sorry for not answering your questions properly the first time around.

mrgrey
May 14th, 2017, 00:30
One thing I'd be interested to know would be if the discount/free PDF deal with the rulebook modules (i.e. a discount equal to the price of the PDF if you already own the PDF, or a free copy of the PDF if you don't) also applies to the adventure path modules. I would be far more inclined to pick up copies of the various adventure paths for fantasy grounds if that were the case.

swest
May 14th, 2017, 01:33
Probably the best answer I could give would be to provide you with the same link that Nick Abbey provided me over in the Rise of the Runelords intro video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItBKdcZQ80)

https://mailchi.mp/fantasygrounds/official-pathfinder-launch-for-fantasy-grounds?e=66f5405aed

This describes the 'Partner Authorizations' process. You have to import your Paizo purchases to Smiteworks before making a purchase, but it works like a charm.

Good luck.

- s.west

Trenloe
May 15th, 2017, 02:54
One thing I'd be interested to know would be if the discount/free PDF deal with the rulebook modules (i.e. a discount equal to the price of the PDF if you already own the PDF, or a free copy of the PDF if you don't) also applies to the adventure path modules.
It applies to all Paizo products in the store, not just the rulebooks.

mrgrey
May 15th, 2017, 09:06
It applies to all Paizo products in the store, not just the rulebooks.

Awesome. Good to know.