PDA

View Full Version : My SW module is producing a ton of errors

Ellspeth
May 1st, 2017, 12:46
I try to work through little difficulties on my own, however I have never seen this, and not so little. I must say when things go wrong for me I do it big.....18778 18779
The first shot I get when I load FG. The second one is when I try to access skills list, weapons list, hell any list in the SW module, and I suspect it is also the underlying cause with the export issues I keep having.
Before I remove FG completely (after backing up my stuff I made) and redownload it clean, has anyone seen this before and can help?
Also if it is relevant, I have switched between test and live mode several times over the past few weeks. On Saturday I connected to a GM who was in live mode while I was in test mode, which we understood couldn't be done. So is it possible something crossed wires or whatever the proper tech term would be?

damned
May 1st, 2017, 13:05
Hey Ellspeth - good to see you!
First up - you should not switch a campaign into Test and back to Live without backing it up. Not always, but often enough, there are one way changes to the database structure on new versions.
Second - you should test without extensions and if the error goes away add them back in one by one.
Third - I think some of those errors are probably caused by changes in the new Test build and Ikael will probably point you in the right direction.

Ellspeth
May 1st, 2017, 13:39
Thanks damned, and even your suggestion pointed me in the right direction. In my extensions. I think it is fixed now, so Ikael when you see this, I got it. Though heaven knows I appreciate the time you have put in to helping me sooooo much more than I can ever express.
But I did mention that when I was in school they wouldn't let us have calculators right? I get such a kick out of being able to do ANY of this stuff, and in all truth, I learned it all here on the forums, with tools and thingies you guys have created.