PDA

View Full Version : 3 or 4 things i would really like to see

flashingturtle
May 1st, 2017, 08:47
Hi there, I don't know if this is the right place, but ive been DMing 5e over a year now and there are a few things I think fantasy grounds desperately need.

If there is a thread about what people want to see in fantasy grounds point me in the right direction... but if anyone sees this that decides what to work on/develop PLEASE consider some of these things! Thanks for letting me post here~!

1. As a dm I spend way too much time removing effects from the players on the combat tracker. Is there any way for players to do this themselves? I downloaded an extension that dosent work, and to see this implemented in game would be amazing. Players asking me to remove effects is like the kids saying are we there yet on a car journey and I hear it incessantly.

2. The option of a second combat tracker would make my life so much easier - if the party gets split or if we have big encounters. Sometimes it feels like I need a second brain with so much going on, but a second combat tracker would help a lot.

3. The ability to copy and paste text into the game when I'm creating box text. To be able to copy stuff in from other sources would save me literally days of typing.

4. Not a biggie but some of my players keep giving themselves inspiration. It would be good it this could be toggled to DM only.

Thanks for reading and I hope one day someone could maybe work on some of this stuff, I think it would make life easier for a lot of dms. Thanks again if you've read this far :)

damned
May 1st, 2017, 08:58
3. You should be able to copy and paste just fine into FG.
4. Ask them why they feel the need to do this...

flashingturtle
May 1st, 2017, 09:08
Hi

I cant right click copy and paste text into the game. How do you do that?
sorry for my ignorance

damned
May 1st, 2017, 09:13
ctrl+v will paste.

flashingturtle
May 1st, 2017, 09:16

flashingturtle
May 1st, 2017, 09:17
thank you so much

Nulk
May 1st, 2017, 10:00
1. This community made extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23566-5E-Player-Effect-Removal-Extension) allows you to do exactly what you need.

flashingturtle
May 1st, 2017, 10:57
thanks this improves my quality of life so much.

LordEntrails
May 2nd, 2017, 01:22
Enhancement requests can be added to the official wishlist (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/). It's where the FG Devs go to keep track of such things. It may look neglected, but it really isn't.

HavocSmurf
May 2nd, 2017, 01:36
Further to Dammned's response, there are a couple keyboard short cuts that have made my DM life way easier.
CTRL-C to copy text, CTRL-V to paste the copied text.
hold SHIFT+CTRL then arrow key left or right to highlight text (so that you can CTRL-C the highlighted stuff). Keep hitting the arrows to continue the string highlighting. Very useful for copying text within FG's, like creating a duplicate of an effect or monster trait.

damned
May 2nd, 2017, 01:42
Also look at Formatted Text Fields in the User Manual
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf

and also ctrl+j within FG will rejoin split lines....