PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to add a homebrew...

TheClaireProject
May 1st, 2017, 01:27
I found a homebrew of Final Fantasy XIV ARR classes in D&D form, and want to add them to Fantasy Grounds. Creating a class and race is easy enough, however I was wondering...would I need to create a module and things for it to be used in a game session? Would I need to make a module (if that's even the right term) to allow players to use that information I put in as easily as the other classes and races from the PHB?

Very new to this and really eager to try to learn it, my Google searches haven't really proven useful...mainly because I guess when they start explaining libraries and modules they assume you already know what you're reading about. :/

damned
May 1st, 2017, 01:38
For players to access the data its best to export it as a Module, activate the Module from the Library and then mark it as Player Load.

TheClaireProject
May 1st, 2017, 01:40
For players to access the data its best to export it as a Module, activate the Module from the Library and then mark it as Player Load.

Um...do you know where I can find a tutorial on how to do that? You may as well have spoken that in French, I'm having a hard time following. :/

TheClaireProject
May 1st, 2017, 01:50
If I've got this right, I just create all I'm going to create, then do /export and drag everything I make into that...is that the basics of it?

Trenloe
May 1st, 2017, 02:03
Info on exporting to a module here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export

TheClaireProject
May 1st, 2017, 02:14
Info on exporting to a module here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export

Bless you sir. Bless you.

damned
May 1st, 2017, 02:46
Id keep the User manual handy too :)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2017, 02:59
Also of possible interest; Adventure Module Best Practices (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33538-Adventure-Module-Creation-Best-Practices)

TheClaireProject
May 1st, 2017, 07:16
You gentleman are lights in my darkest abyss. xD

RavenSaint
September 9th, 2018, 13:28
I was crawling through the dungeons of the forum and came across this little gem of a thread. It gives me warm fuzzies that I found this and might actually be able to export all of my work to be able to save if computer has melt down during a storm power surge.

Thank you.

Though, I have homebrew races and classes I would like to share with others. How would I go about Exporting them in a module that includes Races, Classes, and anything else that might be needed for the content? I'm not very good at *.xml coding and would hope that there are ways to make modules within FG for Subscribers.

Thank you again.:ninja:

damned
September 9th, 2018, 13:35
/export and choose the bits you want

LordEntrails
September 9th, 2018, 14:53
Also note that since this was originally posted, Zacchaeus has made videos. Not sure of the link, but you should be able to find the on the forums or YouTube if you search for them.

Zacchaeus
September 9th, 2018, 16:02
I was crawling through the dungeons of the forum and came across this little gem of a thread. It gives me warm fuzzies that I found this and might actually be able to export all of my work to be able to save if computer has melt down during a storm power surge.

Thank you.

Though, I have homebrew races and classes I would like to share with others. How would I go about Exporting them in a module that includes Races, Classes, and anything else that might be needed for the content? I'm not very good at *.xml coding and would hope that there are ways to make modules within FG for Subscribers.

Did I answer this on Discord?

Skillkoil
September 9th, 2018, 21:18

Thank you.

Raven in chat you will type /export enter and a box will come up with lots of information. Name it as you wish and check mark the things you wish to export and tada you are ready to roll.

It will look like this: 24581

**Just saw that there was a second page of replies and this was already answered. Oops haha ;) **