PDA

View Full Version : 5E: Map Indicator for Death

celestian
April 30th, 2017, 06:57
I promised a forum person that once I figured out extensions I'd make one for the "dead" indicator I use for my AD&D Core ruleset that would work for 5e so here it is. To be clear if you run the AD&D Core ruleset you don't need this extension as it's built in... if you use 5e ruleset then you can make use of it.

Here is a sample of what it looks like.
https://i.imgur.com/1PCchVs.png

Anyone who wishes to take this and make it work in a different way or with a different ruleset (this one ONLY works with the 5e ruleset) feel free!

changes:
Version 1.1, shrunk the icon image. 2 images now, one for pc and one for npc. Not sure how this will work in 5e where hp don't drop below 0 for pcs in FG?
1.2, fixed 5e death token for PC
1.3, updated for FG 3.3.2 patch
1.5, updated for 3.3.5, in theory it also should work with CoreRPG based rulesets now (only tested with 5e).
1.6, updated code to not override CoreRPG scripts (thanks to pointer from Andraax). Should eliminate (most) the need to update when new versions of CoreRPG are released.
1.7 updated to default to ON for DM/PC view when installed (change in campaign settings)
1.8 changed method of using widgets that "should" improve memory usage.

Download here:

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2017, 05:06
But I want a blood splat!

Just kidding, well, ok, I do, but the functionality is the important part. Thanks, look forward to using this.

Questions;
Does the token come off the map when the NPC is removed from the CT?
If so, any thoughts on being able to keep them around?
If not, how can they be removed?
Does the marker match the size of the dead NPC? (i.e. large etc)

celestian
May 1st, 2017, 05:34
But I want a blood splat!

Just kidding, well, ok, I do, but the functionality is the important part. Thanks, look forward to using this.

Questions;
Does the token come off the map when the NPC is removed from the CT?
If so, any thoughts on being able to keep them around?
If not, how can they be removed?
Does the marker match the size of the dead NPC? (i.e. large etc)

It should be simple enough to tweak the extension to use blood if you really want it ;)

The icon is overlayed on the token. Much like the little "effect" and "hp bar". I just placed it in the center of the token. It's not a separate token. Because of that it's scaled to the token size with a slight reduction to see the token image on the edges.

As to leaving it... right now there are no plans. The single layer maps just makes it untenable for the most part if you're travelling across the maps a lot. When FGU comes out I'll be able to tweak this to automatically push the token to a layer that is NOT where the npc/player tokens are so they will not interfere with selections/actions of npcs/players. Or maybe just push it below everything else on the token layer...if they have a layer within layer (like maptools).

Here is a sample with a black dragon sized token with the other medium size ones.

https://i.imgur.com/uRvHaST.png

You'll note there is also a tooltop message that pops up when you mouse over the Tombstone as well ;) My old DM used to say "It's fallen as if dead" in a ominous way all the time and it became a running joke so... I used it.

alessandro
May 1st, 2017, 07:47
This is great, thank you Celestian! Is there a chance there will be a CoreRPG version for this? (I mean usable for every CoreRPG based Ruleset)

Asterionaisien
May 1st, 2017, 09:55
Thank you very much , Celestian, this is a realy useful extension!

celestian
May 1st, 2017, 15:20
This is great, thank you Celestian! Is there a chance there will be a CoreRPG version for this? (I mean usable for every CoreRPG based Ruleset)

I'll take a look at it's code and see (out of town for work this week tho) and see what they have to work with in CoreRPG. The 5e ruleset made it pretty easy to add.

Trenloe
May 1st, 2017, 15:27
The icon is overlayed on the token. Much like the little "effect" and "hp bar". I just placed it in the center of the token. It's not a separate token. Because of that it's scaled to the token size As to leaving it... right now there are no plans. The single layer maps just makes it untenable for the most part if you're travelling across the maps a lot.
The way Ikael, very cleverly, got around this in the Savage Worlds ruleset was to replace the creature token with a 1x1 transparent token (now included in CoreRPG as standard) and then putting the overlay on this token. As it very small (and transparent) it can't be selected and get in the way.

You just then need a way to remove that token at some point...

Trenloe
May 1st, 2017, 15:29
I'll take a look at it's code and see (out of town for work this week tho) and see what they have to work with in CoreRPG. The 5e ruleset made it pretty easy to add.
I think you'll find that each ruleset layered on top of CoreRPG has a pretty custom combat tracker, so it might not be easy to make (and maintain) across multiple rulesets. But, I'm not sure how much coding you've done, and where, so it might be possible.

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2017, 17:26
Don't worry about the blood splatter. I'll probably modify your extension for my use that way. But that's easy enough for me to do. I like the "Fallen, as if dead" quote. Always leave some doubt in your players minds :)

Blue Haven
May 1st, 2017, 17:45
Thank you so much for this :) lol i loved the quote lol can you add more random quotes? that would be so cool lolol
Thank you friend ohh can this work with the warhammer ruleset? or others?

Gwydion
May 1st, 2017, 20:27
Thanks so much for sharing! Awesome!

GarthGiantbane
May 1st, 2017, 21:23
I tried it out - pretty nifty! Thanks!!

:D :D

Martin2301
May 2nd, 2017, 14:55
Wow really cool! Is there a way to make it works on 3.5, pathfinder and core?

LordEntrails
May 2nd, 2017, 17:47
For those of you asking about using this in other rulesets, here's what Celestian has said;

May 3rd, 2017, 02:32
Thanks for an extension that perfectly solves an issue my group has been dealing with. We used it for the first time Sunday evening and my players really appreciated it. We did have an issue pop up in each encounter they played... the extension worked for the players for the first 3 NPC deaths, but not on death 4 or after. However, on my screen as the DM it overlayed properly for all deaths.

We are playing PotA 5e. Only other loaded extensions are 14pt Font Clear Font and Core Sidebar for 5e.

celestian
May 7th, 2017, 05:28
Thanks for an extension that perfectly solves an issue my group has been dealing with. We used it for the first time Sunday evening and my players really appreciated it. We did have an issue pop up in each encounter they played... the extension worked for the players for the first 3 NPC deaths, but not on death 4 or after. However, on my screen as the DM it overlayed properly for all deaths.

We are playing PotA 5e. Only other loaded extensions are 14pt Font Clear Font and Core Sidebar for 5e.

So, finally got back from my work travel and tested this during my game tonight and my players could see 5+ RIPs. At one point I had about 9 on the map and they could see them all.

Re: Changing this to a CoreRPG extension... I'll make time sometime tomorrow if I can to see if the parts I used for the 5e exist in CoreRPG (I don't think they do) and if so just make it a CoreRPG extension so it'll work for anyone using that as a base (5e does btw).

Nickademus
May 7th, 2017, 06:54
I'll make time sometime tomorrow if I can to see if the parts I used for the 5e exist in CoreRPG (I don't think they do) and if so just make it a CoreRPG extension so it'll work for anyone using that as a base (5e does btw).

They'll exist, but as was stated in the other thread, each ruleset expands and changed the Combat Tracker from CoreRPG. So you'll have to customize it for each ruleset if your modifications don't just affect the most minute section of the CT.

damned
May 7th, 2017, 08:13
I think most of the changes are to the token widgets on the map. Which I believe should make it more capable of being used in other rulesets.

Trenloe
May 7th, 2017, 16:46
SRe: Changing this to a CoreRPG extension... I'll make time sometime tomorrow if I can to see if the parts I used for the 5e exist in CoreRPG (I don't think they do) and if so just make it a CoreRPG extension so it'll work for anyone using that as a base (5e does btw).
In addition to what I mentioned before: this extension, as it is now, triggers the tokens when an entry in the Combat Tracker reaches 0 or less remaining Hit Points. CoreRPG doesn't have the concept of health/HP, which is specific to certain rulesets and can be different in each. So, to make this a "CoreRPG" extension, it would have to be health/HP agnostic - i.e. not rely on anything like that. Maybe a manual check box in the CT entry that would trigger/remove the dead token?

bawsr
May 7th, 2017, 23:02
My players loved this extension! I appreciate the effort!

celestian
May 8th, 2017, 00:19
In addition to what I mentioned before: this extension, as it is now, triggers the tokens when an entry in the Combat Tracker reaches 0 or less remaining Hit Points. CoreRPG doesn't have the concept of health/HP, which is specific to certain rulesets and can be different in each. So, to make this a "CoreRPG" extension, it would have to be health/HP agnostic - i.e. not rely on anything like that. Maybe a manual check box in the CT entry that would trigger/remove the dead token?

Yeah I was just poking around this in CoreRPG before heading off to see Guardian's of the Galaxy. I was thinking I might could just check if wounds>HP and trigger but I've not looked at the CT bit in CoreRPG yet to see if it even has wounds.

Something else I want to do is make it so when a token has initiative it gets a glaring indicator. Like a yellow circle/square around it. Right now when a NPC gets initiative and I just look at the map it's hard to tell... that tiny grey circle around it is just not glaring enough for me to notice... I'll probably do this in my ruleset first.

damned
May 8th, 2017, 05:11
Yeah... as Trenloe rightly points out HP and Wounds are not in CoreRPG... Possibly instead of making a universal extension you might give permission to others to borrow your code and make ruleset specific ones?

celestian
May 8th, 2017, 05:18
Yeah... as Trenloe rightly points out HP and Wounds are not in CoreRPG... Possibly instead of making a universal extension you might give permission to others to borrow your code and make ruleset specific ones?

Hum, whats the best way to do that? Give permission I mean. I assumed making the extension available already did that. I'll happily let anyone steal/borrow anything I wrote to make something better.

I'm a big proponent of improving the wheel. I just stood on the back of the 5e ruleset making it and I think it was a total of about 15 lines of code?

damned
May 8th, 2017, 05:23
You are right in that posting it here means it can be borrowed but its always nice to acknowledge the original effort and ask permission.
There is no formal process - what you have said above is sufficient.
I was working on a version for MoreCore and hadnt sussed it out yet but would gladly use your code with permission and thanks :)

Nickademus
May 8th, 2017, 21:31
You are right in that posting it here means it can be borrowed but its always nice to acknowledge the original effort and ask permission.

This is not true. Code is copyright to the creator even if it is in a product format (module/extension file) that is copyright to Smiteworks. There are community developers here that enforce that copyright, so it is not safe to assume posting on this forum makes code free to use. Actual permission is needed to use it.

damned
May 9th, 2017, 01:25
This is not true. Code is copyright to the creator even if it is in a product format (module/extension file) that is copyright to Smiteworks. There are community developers here that enforce that copyright, so it is not safe to assume posting on this forum makes code free to use. Actual permission is needed to use it.

without filing for a copyright on software its almost impossible to protect and when you do register many parts of the code are still not protected
the majority of the code is borrowed or modified from Smiteworks code
the ability to enforce copyright is difficult - even big companies have trouble successfully protecting even large chunks of code...

anyway... I do agree with you, my wording was poor/incomplete and I had meant to write "that posting your consent here means it can be borrowed" - which is what I was requesting and what celestian did.

Nickademus
May 9th, 2017, 02:45
Indeed. I would just hate to see someone take a post out of context and use it as a legal basis for stealing someone's code. It may be hard to enforce copyright on code, but that doesn't mean that a person or company won't try and make a community member's life terrible for a time.

Thanks for the clarification.

damned
May 9th, 2017, 03:53
clarification: dont take stuff thats not yours without permission
:)

Nickademus
May 9th, 2017, 14:01
But.... I'm a rogue...

Erin Righ
May 10th, 2017, 15:41
I'm old school, ya frikkin THIEF ;)

dellanx
May 18th, 2017, 12:25
Is there an extension out there like this for Pathfinder? That would be awesome!

Erin Righ
May 18th, 2017, 13:31
Is there an extension out there like this for Pathfinder? That would be awesome!

Not yet but we are all pleading with Celestian to adapt it

dellanx
May 18th, 2017, 14:55
Not yet but we are all pleading with Celestian to adapt it

That would be awesome!

montutur
June 22nd, 2017, 18:38
Thank you for your estension. Its very good.

Shoestring
July 3rd, 2017, 16:03
What would I need to change the grapic RIP to my own? NVM https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38863-Token-Death-Indicator-2-0-BLOOD-SPLATS!

Salva
August 7th, 2017, 06:17
Hi Celestian, first of all thank for this extension!!!!
I have two questions: What does determine the size of the death image that appears?
I have got sometimes different sizes like in this picture. (i have changed it to blood in this picture but it happens also with the stone one.
The second one will be: if there is any way to resize the death image.

Thank you very much!!

celestian
August 7th, 2017, 06:39
Hi Celestian, first of all thank for this extension!!!!
I have two questions: What does determine the size of the death image that appears?
I have got sometimes different sizes like in this picture. (i have changed it to blood in this picture but it happens also with the stone one.
The second one will be: if there is any way to resize the death image.

Thank you very much!!

Not sure about the blood stuff but I can say that the extension as written should be based on the size of the token. I've never had a situation where it wasn't as expected to be middle of the token with the edges of the token visible.

celestian
August 7th, 2017, 19:12
Updated to 1.1 and shrunk the image file to see if that helps with some reported issues.

I also added a different display icon for PC and NPC deaths. (Grey for PC, Brown for NPC).

update: 1.2 fixed the 5e issue with death (since you can't get below 0 there).

Salva
August 7th, 2017, 22:46
The same i experimented with the new one:
Maybe has something to do with the main token size.
Anyway it still works.
Thanks

celestian
August 7th, 2017, 22:48
The same i experimented with the new one:
Maybe has something to do with the main token size.
Anyway it still works.
Thanks

There is something different about those tokens. They don't have health bars like the others. Why is that?

Salva
August 7th, 2017, 22:56
There is something different about those tokens. They don't have health bars like the others. Why is that?
They have 11 hp and 11 wounds=dead/dying thats why they have no bar or i should say the bar is empty.
The Top ones has a bar but they have 0hp and i guess the extension takes that as if they were dead.
I send you a new one clearer:

celestian
August 7th, 2017, 23:01
Look at the size difference in the token.

https://i.imgur.com/EDO6aeN.png

and

https://i.imgur.com/3GEzbTu.png

The part to notice is where that grey dot is. Thats the bottom right corner. At least that's what FG thinks. So, when FG says it's X size, the code I wrote just reduces the size of the icon by 20/20 and puts it in the center.

I think this is how big FG thinks the token is. Why? I'm not sure.

https://i.imgur.com/Kf2IErr.png

Salva
August 7th, 2017, 23:27
Ohh yeah i think that is!!!
The two tokens have different size and that is why the indicator changes.
Thanks

Gwydion
August 8th, 2017, 03:16
Hey Celestian. I just uploaded the updated extension and logged in with a second computer using localhost and just trying a few times it is working just fine. Not a complete test, but its something! Thanks for updating and I will try this in my next game.

celestian
September 20th, 2017, 15:00
Updated version to 1.3, for FG 3.3.2 updates to manager_tokens2.lua.

DGM
December 30th, 2017, 14:00
Updated version to 1.3, for FG 3.3.2 updates to manager_tokens2.lua.

Thank you, it's an awesome way to show "death" enemies.

Wintermute
December 30th, 2017, 16:31
Great plugin, wish I had found it sooner.

Axoid
March 5th, 2018, 03:08
Curious if there are plans to update this for 3.3.4 compatibility. I think there is an issue with the latest version. My players keep getting a runtime error window, and I believe we have it tracked back to this RIP extension. I really like this but have to disable it for now.

Thanks,

celestian
March 5th, 2018, 03:20
Curious if there are plans to update this for 3.3.4 compatibility. I think there is an issue with the latest version. My players keep getting a runtime error window, and I believe we have it tracked back to this RIP extension. I really like this but have to disable it for now.

Thanks,

Hum, I thought it was fine. I'll take a look see at it.

I loaded up 5e with Death Indicator and it seemed ok on my end.

https://i.imgur.com/HpdU0zw.png

Do you have any other mods loaded? I can run tests with those.

Just keep in mind there are some issues with memory limitations that cause the runtime error. This probably wont be "fixed" until FGU unfortunately. You just have to be very careful on maps/images you share.

Axoid
March 5th, 2018, 03:37
Here's all I have loaded. It works fine on my end, but a few of my players are getting the runtime error, and it always coincides with a monster going to zero HPs and the death indicator turning on, or if I move one of the dead tokens around the map for some reason. So it could be a limitation on their end I suppose.

celestian
March 5th, 2018, 05:30
Here's all I have loaded. It works fine on my end, but a few of my players are getting the runtime error, and it always coincides with a monster going to zero HPs and the death indicator turning on, or if I move one of the dead tokens around the map for some reason. So it could be a limitation on their end I suppose.

Oh, it's definitely the mod instigating the error by loading the image to be displayed. The DM/Host side doesn't have the same memory issues the client does (see previous discussions here). The memory is taxed on the client side and when it loads the rip token image it causes it to give runtime error. It won't be all the time and won't be the same for everyone (depending on the maps/images the DM uses).

This isn't something I can fix unfortunately. I've made the image smaller but thats about all I can do ;(

Axoid
March 5th, 2018, 11:33
Thanks for checking into it.

Sacksquatch
March 15th, 2018, 23:13
Nm after reading some more, i have answered this question.

nebbiolo
April 18th, 2018, 23:18
Hi, am I correct when I say this extension (and it's alternate blood splat version) do not work anymore since the 3.3.5 update? The health dot is gone on my tokens and in the game options there is no way to turn health option on. Only 3 options show up (auto-scale, facing and show name) instead of the usual 7 token options. When I disable the extension all is fine.

Salva
April 18th, 2018, 23:22
Hi, saddly you r quite right.
They havent been updated for a long time. :(

celestian
April 19th, 2018, 00:27
Hi, saddly you r quite right.
They havent been updated for a long time. :(

I've keep this one up-to-date until this most recent release. Far as I know it worked up till today ;( I'll run through it tonight and see whats what. I completely forgot to check this one.

Salva
April 19th, 2018, 00:56
Oh sorry Celestian, i wasnt accurate when saying "They".
The one that hasnt been updated for a long time is the Vishera one made based on yours.

celestian
April 19th, 2018, 01:06
Oh sorry Celestian, i wasnt accurate when saying "They".
The one that hasnt been updated for a long time is the Vishera one made based on yours.

I've found the problem. The upside is the new rev will work on CoreRPG based rulesets ;) I've got this one hitch I'm hung on right now but I've got a big hammer solution if I can't find a better one.

celestian
April 19th, 2018, 02:59
Update 1.5
* 3.3.5 update,
* added Campaign settings. Show RIP to DM, Show RIP to PC.

I added the toggles in settings because of the memory issues on the PC's side. If you disable it on PC side at least the DM can see it. I can't fix the memory issues on client side but this allows the DM to keep using it.

https://i.imgur.com/1PCchVs.png

Salva
April 19th, 2018, 04:59
Great!! Thank you.
Btw how do i know if the players get a memory issue in order to disable the show on tokens to them?

celestian
April 19th, 2018, 05:02
Great!! Thank you.
Btw how do i know if the players get a memory issue in order to disable the show on tokens to them?

They'll say "I crashed" ;) Or get a stream of errors. Sometimes they won't see the indicators.

I've got to be careful and make sure I don't share anything but the necessary images for my players but when I do it's fine.

Salva
April 19th, 2018, 05:05
And to what specs this issues are related? i suppose they depend on the RAM of their PCs? is there any minium to not have any issues?
Thanks

celestian
April 19th, 2018, 05:09
And to what specs this issues are related? i suppose they depend on the RAM of their PCs? is there any minium to not have any issues?
Thanks

It the 32 bit nature of FG client that is the cause of most of the grief. Players tend to have more ram than 32bit can use so that is not going to be a problem.

The best way to keep it from happening is to just keep maps to the recommended sizes, dont share a ton. Or wait for 64 bit.

celestian
April 23rd, 2018, 05:01
Update 1.6

U pdated code to not override CoreRPG scripts (thanks to pointer from Andraax). Should eliminate (most) the need to update when new versions of CoreRPG are released.

Should be functionally the same as 1.5 but, update at some point before CoreRPG is updated again ;)

Salva
May 8th, 2018, 18:04
Hi Celestian, im getting an issue with the funtionality of the extension. Basically my players cant see the blood splat (i changed the png from the the extension from the rip png to a blood splat one) effect on a dead npc token. I tried enabling and disabling the show options to DM and players and worked once but when another npc died my players told me the didnt see the blood splat effect on it again. I tried again to enabling and disabling the show options but no luck.
I also teste it locally conecting with another instance and it works that way.
Any thoughts??
Anyoneelse got the same issue?
Thank you very much.

Salva
May 22nd, 2018, 18:34
This happened again yesterday :(
Very rare. I tried again to switch on off the show options but no luck.....

celestian
May 22nd, 2018, 18:45
This happened again yesterday :(
Very rare. I tried again to switch on off the show options but no luck.....

Sorry I've not had this issue when using the extension (mind you I've not replaced the images).

There was an issue at one time where the scale of my map was off and the icon was so small I didn't realize it was actually there.

flynnkd
August 3rd, 2018, 09:47
With the latets update this may need updating, I have tried it and no image RIP appears.. assuming you are still maintaining it.. hope you do, I like the RIP images better than blood.

celestian
August 3rd, 2018, 16:01
With the latets update this may need updating, I have tried it and no image RIP appears.. assuming you are still maintaining it.. hope you do, I like the RIP images better than blood.

My testing showed it still worked? I just opened a test 5E campaign with nothing but the indicator loaded.

Try loading it w/o any other extensions?

https://i.imgur.com/mDnfWJd.png

Three of Swords
August 3rd, 2018, 16:24

Since you mentioned blood, did you happen to start using Ken's Advanced Kombat extension since the update? I could see that interfering with this extension since both place a token on death.

flynnkd
August 4th, 2018, 07:13
Will do so and see what offends...

Ahh I missed reading the part about turning it on in Options... doh! All fixed.

Malkinere
August 21st, 2018, 19:06
I cant seem to get it to work, when an NPC dies (an orc in this case) nothing happens. Do I need to be using map layers to use this extension?

celestian
August 21st, 2018, 19:35
I cant seem to get it to work, when an NPC dies (an orc in this case) nothing happens. Do I need to be using map layers to use this extension?

Nope. However if the scale of the map is wonky the icon will be super tiny. You can zoom in on the token to see what I mean.

Also, you need to use the campaign settings to toggle who sees it (dm/pcs).

Malkinere
August 21st, 2018, 19:46
Perfect the settings are both defaulted to Off upon install, changing them to on fixed my issue, thanks for the quick reply!

celestian
August 21st, 2018, 20:40
Perfect the settings are both defaulted to Off upon install, changing them to on fixed my issue, thanks for the quick reply!

That doesn't make much sense. The dev should change that. ;)

Asarin
November 6th, 2018, 11:29
Any way to troubleshoot when some players see the RIP-tokens and others don't? I as the DM see them.

damned
November 6th, 2018, 12:02
Hey Asarin this might seem like a silly Q but have you made sure the NPCs are visible?

Trenloe
November 6th, 2018, 12:10
Any way to troubleshoot when some players see the RIP-tokens and others don't? I as the DM see them.
Welcome to the forums.

There is an ongoing issue with the way here indicators are handled by the older graphics engine. They seem to cause display glitches and sometimes DirectX errors. No one has really been able to put their finger on it - some people find the blood indicators a little more reliable than the RIP tokens.

Asarin
November 6th, 2018, 12:32
Hey Asarin this might seem like a silly Q but have you made sure the NPCs are visible?

They are visible, some of the PCs see the indicators.

Asarin
November 6th, 2018, 12:33
Welcome to the forums.

There is an ongoing issue with the way here indicators are handled by the older graphics engine. They seem to cause display glitches and sometimes DirectX errors. No one has really been able to put their finger on it - some people find the blood indicators a little more reliable than the RIP tokens.

Ah, maybe I'll tro to switch then. Is this in options, or did you mean as a different extension?

Gwydion
November 6th, 2018, 12:34
Hey Asarin. As Trenloe said, it seems to be a graphics issue. It's been a bit hit or miss for me. As the DM I always see it and I think now that I make sure FG uses my nvidia card and not the integrated graphics card on my pc its been more consistent that the players see it. Sometimes one of them doesn't so as Trenloe suggested, we don't have a silver bullet for the issue.

Asarin
November 6th, 2018, 12:43
Roger. Thanks for the quick replies. I as the DM always seem to see it, and that is quite handy - just to keep track of stuff.

celestian
November 6th, 2018, 14:47
Roger. Thanks for the quick replies. I as the DM always seem to see it, and that is quite handy - just to keep track of stuff.

I've been able to have a somewhat consist behavior with it if I am very restrictive on the size of images I share with the players. I've a feeling it's related mostly to the memory limits of 32 bit apps myself so unfortunately there isn't really anything that I can do to improve it other than make the rip image very small, which I've done. Just this weekend I decided to splurge and share a rather large image and no sooner I did that the RIP visibility started failing for clients (it doesn't seem to affect the DM).

celestian
June 23rd, 2019, 21:05
Update 1.8

Changed method of using widgets that "should" improve memory usage.

Larsenex
March 20th, 2020, 23:59
Is there a way to brighten up or increase the oPacity of the tombstone over the dead critter?

celestian
March 21st, 2020, 02:55
Is there a way to brighten up or increase the oPacity of the tombstone over the dead critter?

No, there is no option to change within FG. Outside of altering the image and recreating the extension I can't think of anything off hand.

Larsenex
March 24th, 2020, 12:06
Greetings again,
Will there be plans to have a version for Unity? I currently does work. I am using it for my Pathfinder 2E in unity. Just curious if it will be updated for the new engine.

Best,

Larsenex

celestian
March 24th, 2020, 15:46
Greetings again,
Will there be plans to have a version for Unity? I currently does work. I am using it for my Pathfinder 2E in unity. Just curious if it will be updated for the new engine.

Best,

Larsenex

If it does not work I'll certainly circle back to it and update it once FGU has been released.

neobio2230
March 29th, 2020, 19:22
I'm getting the following error on the latest version of Unity:

[3/29/2020 1:17:38 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.

Looking forward to seeing this in action. :)

neobio2230
April 15th, 2020, 01:32
Unity compatibilty update needed if you can:

[4/14/2020 7:20:42 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-04-13)
[4/14/2020 7:20:42 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[4/14/2020 7:20:42 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Extension Info Load (DeathIndicatorEx): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 1, position 5.

Houndy
April 15th, 2020, 13:37
Have attached version that works with FGU - just needed to adjust a couple of comments.

neobio2230
April 18th, 2020, 19:33
Thank you so much for fixing this. I didn't realize I had posted the error twice. I appreciate your help in making the FG community and software even more amazing. I'm so glad I left Roll20.

Hope you're staying safe and healthy.

kevininrussia
May 3rd, 2020, 03:42
Using this extension with Unity, the rip_tombstone image on the PC or NPC is very small and don't scale with the token. What is the best way to scale the rip_tombstone image so it will not be so small?

I changed widgetDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth-0, nHeight-0); but it's still small and does not scale with token size.

Thanks

celestian
May 3rd, 2020, 06:45
I plan to update this once FGU development has gotten to a stable position. It's a simple extension however and if someone wishes to maintain it I'm not averse to that. I've got a lot on my plate so holding off due to rapid changes.

kevininrussia
May 3rd, 2020, 07:56
Here is a version I have working with Unity and 4e.

Larsenex
May 3rd, 2020, 13:26
How can I make this more general. Id like to try it with Pathfinder2E and there was a core RPG version I am using now in classic. What needs to be done so it can show up in 'other games' in the launch window?

kevininrussia
May 3rd, 2020, 15:26
It is a general CoreRPG extension. Make sure you put the file in your extensions folder.

Sasmira
May 9th, 2020, 03:50
Using this extension with Unity, the rip_tombstone image on the PC or NPC is very small and don't scale with the token. What is the best way to scale the rip_tombstone image so it will not be so small?

I changed widgetDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth-0, nHeight-0); but it's still small and does not scale with token size.

Thanks

Hello,

Same problem on PF2, image on the PC or NPC is very small and don't want to scale with the token. Please, someone can fix this issue ?

thank you for your help :)
S.

kevininrussia
May 9th, 2020, 04:37
Hello,

Same problem on PF2, image on the PC or NPC is very small and don't want to scale with the token. Please, someone can fix this issue ?

thank you for your help :)
S.

Did you try the version a few posts above?

Sasmira
May 9th, 2020, 04:46
Did you try the version a few posts above?

Version of Houndy, and same problem, image dont want to scale with token

celestian
May 9th, 2020, 06:10
Version of Houndy, and same problem, image dont want to scale with token

If it's in FGU, thats a issue with a lot of widgets right now. It "might" also have something to do with map scale if it's in FGC.

Sasmira
May 9th, 2020, 06:35
If it's in FGU, thats a issue with a lot of widgets right now. It "might" also have something to do with map scale if it's in FGC.

It's in FGU indeed ... I'm using Death indicator since FG3 and I like him, but with FGU, scaling is broken. On a map I have a big tombstone or a very small on another ...
for example :
https://puu.sh/FIaxz/1c56f8e2fc.png

kevininrussia
May 9th, 2020, 06:55
It's in FGU indeed ... I'm using Death indicator since FG3 and I like him, but with FGU, scaling is broken. On a map I have a big tombstone or a very small on another ...
for example :
https://puu.sh/FIaxz/1c56f8e2fc.png

in manager_token_Deathindicatior.lua i changed this line:

widgetDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth-20, nHeight-20);

to

widgetDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth0, nHeight0);

and then made the graphic a little larger. Thats what gave me this:

phillgamboa
May 9th, 2020, 11:30
Thanks to the great work.

celestian
May 9th, 2020, 19:37
in manager_token_Deathindicatior.lua i changed this line:

widgetDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth-20, nHeight-20);

to

widgetDeathIndicator.setSize(nWidth0, nHeight0);

and then made the graphic a little larger. Thats what gave me this:

Just keep in mind once they do resolve the widget scaling in FGU it will cause the tombstone to cover the token completely. That's the only reason I reduce the size a smidgen (which works in FGC).

Sasmira
May 9th, 2020, 19:54
Just keep in mind once they do resolve the widget scaling in FGU it will cause the tombstone to cover the token completely. That's the only reason I reduce the size a smidgen (which works in FGC).

I don't know what to say, you're the boss :p

Moon Wizard
May 9th, 2020, 19:58
Token widget sizes in FGU are percentages; not fixed values as in FGC. This fixes a variety of issues to do with all the different scaling factors.

Regards,
JPG

Sasmira
May 9th, 2020, 20:16
Token widget sizes in FGU are percentages; not fixed values as in FGC. This fixes a variety of issues to do with all the different scaling factors.

Regards,
JPG

Ha nice, thank you for this precision :)

it's good new no ? with this answer it's more easy to fix the issue ?
We need just a second extension for FGU with a scaling in pourcent like tokens ? its correct ? (Im not Dev, I dont know create that :/)

celestian
May 9th, 2020, 22:36
Ha nice, thank you for this precision :)

it's good new no ? with this answer it's more easy to fix the issue ?
We need just a second extension for FGU with a scaling in pourcent like tokens ? its correct ? (Im not Dev, I dont know create that :/)

Since they are not the same, the extension will need to determine if it's FGU or FGC and set the value accordingly. Now that I know what the difference is I'll plan to do that but I'm still waiting until FGU is closer to release before I spend a lot of time as things change.

Sasmira
May 9th, 2020, 23:06
Since they are not the same, the extension will need to determine if it's FGU or FGC and set the value accordingly. Now that I know what the difference is I'll plan to do that but I'm still waiting until FGU is closer to release before I spend a lot of time as things change.

Ok no problem ;)

Maldev
May 19th, 2020, 07:25
G'day,
Love the looks of the extension!
I have been manually dragging a blood splatter from the quickbar onto the enhanced image layer 1 (Very slow I know)
Is there an extension available that has the Bloodsplatter instead of the Tombstone?
That would be sweet :)
Also the Fallen as if dead is old school............ !
Cheers

Had another thought (Don't know if it's possible)
I use a random table for a death blow hit location on death. Would it be possible to have that table incorporated in the extension?

kevininrussia
May 19th, 2020, 07:58
Check post #95 in this thread. I made a version that is working for me with blood splatter.

Maldev
May 19th, 2020, 08:17
I am speechless :)
It is epic! Saves me stuffing around
Thank you sir!

Maldev
May 19th, 2020, 11:12
Double post

kevininrussia
May 22nd, 2020, 18:14
Function request:

I have been using this extension for 4E ruleset and it is working great (after changing the scale issue with Unity). It would be great if the extension could also add an icon for when the NPC/PC is bloodied (50%) hit points. Also would be nice to have one for 0 HP for stable/unconscious and -1 HP for dying. I have icons I would use for these extra conditions.

matcler
June 14th, 2020, 10:23
Issue report: The extension is causing conflict with 5e Combat Enhancer (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension)). Adding an encounter from adventures put token in a background layer of the map forcing DM to manually replace each single token.
Thanks for the great extension

Smoltok
March 24th, 2021, 14:08
Wrong topic