PDA

View Full Version : Problem with FG crashing during playing

corum Rask
April 30th, 2017, 00:57
I have been having a problem almost every gaming secession for the last month and a half. I am using the Ultimate License, Ver 3.3.0 playing 5e

1) To start with I would have the program lock up and it would be a minute or so before I get control again. This will also happen when not in a game.

2) Next when running a game it will get to the point where I will get script errors when I try share pictures or maps and when it pops up the picture or map is blank.

3) One of my players has been losing his rogues Backstab ability and will have to log out and back on to use it. That happened the last 2 games.

4) I have had my chat box go completely blank to the point where I can't see what anyone rolled including myself.

5) I have also had the program lock up when trying to access my tokens.

6) I would have to do a reboot of the game and then my players couldn't log back on. I would have to close down the game and reboot it a few times before they can log back into my game.

Trenloe
April 30th, 2017, 01:12
These all sound like your FG instance is getting overloaded. FG is a 32-bit application and so has limited memory resources.

What ruleset are you using?
What extensions are you using?
What modules have you shared with the players?
How big are your maps/images?
How many tokens, and what total files size, do you have?

LordEntrails
April 30th, 2017, 01:49
To add on to what Trenloe has said and asked. What is happening when FG "locks up" (as you call it) is that it is actually busy doing stuff. Most likely downloading images to your players or loading tokens.

Tokens are one of the biggest culprits. Even if you don't open or use a token, if you have it in your folder and not in a token module, FG loads it into memory. What this means in practice is you should only have the tokens that you are actually using in your tokens folder.

After you get back with the info Trenloe requested, we can help you narrow down the problem.

damned
April 30th, 2017, 06:29
And what is the location of your FG Data folder? Is it on any sort of cloud syncd drive/path?