PDA

View Full Version : PAHTFINDER Homebrew GM looking for players

ZwiAn
April 29th, 2017, 18:56
Hey guys! ZwiAn here, some of you might remember me, but it has been awhile. I am looking to get back into running pathfinder homebrew games late night. I haven't settled on a day, so that is open for discussion, but it will be late night (central time). I have over 15 years of GM experience, so I know what I'm doing. However, I admit I am a bit rusty with fantasy grounds, but it won't take long for me to get back into the flow of things.

FG License: Standard
Game System: Pathfinder

Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Day of week open to discussion. 11:30-3 a.m (depends on length of game)
If new game, planned start date: One-two weeks from today.

Planned Duration & Frequency: i.e. 2-4 Hour sessions. Weekly.
Term: Hoping for long term. No fast levels here!
Text or Voice: voice required. some typing ok, but only for PM's to me as GM.
Voice software used: Skype, also have Teamspeak server available.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50. I try to keep a good mix, but it depends on the adventure/game.
Number of Players in game & needed: no more than 5. no less than 3.
Character starting level & equipment: Start at level 1. Roll for starting gold according to class, with bonus via GM approval.
Character restrictions: ALMOST anything published for pathfinder. GM approval needed for anything outside core, but most things are fine.

Details of your scenario: I have run so many games over the years that I have a big back catalogue of homebrew adventures that I like to modify and spice up according to the group of players. Details and theme of the game will be settled once the group is assembled. World themes I might be open to: Game of Thrones, Victorian Horror/Occult, Classic pathfinder world, ect.

Other Notes: I am not a huge fan of rules lawyers or min/maxers, but they don't bother me. Please be at least familiar with pathfinder rules or D&D, but I am willing to teach (to a certain degree... if you constantly slow down the game, then sorry, but it probably won't work out)

If interested please do me the favor of doing 2 things: 1.) leave a message here on this thread to keep it bumped and buzzing for awhile. 2.) send me a PM with details and any questions you have.

Also feel free to discuss with other posters about time and other ideas for the game.

Thank you for your consideration, hopefully we can roll some digital dice together in the near future!

-Ryan (ZwiAn)

ZwiAn
April 30th, 2017, 18:44
Bump?

dellanx
April 30th, 2017, 21:08
Bump?

Awesome Beard!

damned
April 30th, 2017, 22:29
Hi ZwiAn
Your game will run at an awkward time for many so it will likely take longer to attract players but should still do so.
You might make it easier for people by converting and posting the playing time for these timezones and that might more quickly attract attention - EST, MST, CST, PST, GMT, CET, JST, AEST, NZT
They seem to be the most common timezones. Timezones can be tricky for many people so posting it in the ad might catch the right players.

lunahq7
April 30th, 2017, 23:44
^.^

So according to your time, it would be 10p-2a my time (MST).

The time makes it basically playable on any day, so I would be interested.
I have a large amount of experience with Pathfinder, having done a major
campaign using that system. :)

I can get Skype, and I am in the process of downloading TeamSpeak.

Please email me at [email protected] for further discussions and
such.

John B.

ZwiAn
May 1st, 2017, 17:16
Awesome! Sounds good, let's just see if we can snag a few more people. Anyone else?!

Vhok
May 2nd, 2017, 02:49
I'm interested

ButtatakiBuddha
May 2nd, 2017, 08:28
I'd be interested if it was on Sundays or Mondays.

M0rganstern
May 2nd, 2017, 15:35
I have an interest if there's a chance of starting a bit earlier.

Also, I have a history of being a monkywrench in the works of serious-minded campaigns, so if you went Game of Thrones I'm probably not the best fit.

ZwiAn
May 2nd, 2017, 20:25
I'd be interested if it was on Sundays or Mondays.

That might work! I'll keep you posted, thanks!

ZwiAn
May 2nd, 2017, 22:20
*update* will be using discord for voice and out of game chat.

ZwiAn
May 3rd, 2017, 21:43
*still looking* bumpity bump

M0rganstern
May 4th, 2017, 02:36
I might be able to play if you can start two hours earlier.

MysticCelt
May 5th, 2017, 21:52
Hey folks we adjusted the time to 10:00PM CST and settled on Mondays (and the occasional Sunday). We're looking for another player or two. Solid spread of classes so far so you can pretty much play any role you want.

Iperithon
May 6th, 2017, 01:13
Actually, I might very well be interested in joining in... this is 8pm PST and on Mondays which are free for me. I'm an experienced DnD'r but very new to Fantasy Grounds... (still actually haven't bought it yet.)

MysticCelt
May 6th, 2017, 01:22
Actually, I might very well be interested in joining in... this is 8pm PST and on Mondays which are free for me. I'm an experienced DnD'r but very new to Fantasy Grounds... (still actually haven't bought it yet.)

Well, a standard license is only $3.99/mo or $40 one time fee. Our GM has standard so you would need to pick that up. Go ahead and post here or contact our GM with the following info to see if you are a good fit for the group.

FG License: mention if you only have the Free game or paid game, this way GM's can know if you can play in their game or not.
Time Zone: i.e. Central Time USA, etc.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: What days and times are you able to play? Are you looking for weekly game, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.
Term: i.e. Long term keep playing for a while, or just want to work through a module, or looking for a one-shot.
Voice: Can you voice chat for gaming and are you willing to download whichever software the group is using to voice chat during games?

Game System Preferred: The game system(s) you are looking to play i.e. Pathfinder, D&D 5E, etc.
Game System Experience: The game system(s) you have some knowledge/experience with i.e. Pathfinder, D&D 5E, etc.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: How familiar are you with Fantasy Grounds? Being new is ok, you may find people willing to help you build a character and get used to the software even if they don't have room in a game for you at this time or are playing on different days than you can. This will also let a GM know to maybe work with you before the scheduled game session to iron out some basics.

Character Type Preferred: If you really like playing a certain class or type, say so here. Also, if you really hate being a certain class or type, mention it here.
About me: Sell yourself. What type of game do you like to play? i.e. Heavy combat, heavy roleplay, lots of out of character joking, or must everything be in character, or anything and everything in-between. You don't have to share what you don't want to share, this is the extra bit that may help a potential GM see if you might fit the group already in the game. You can go into more detail here about your previous RPG experience if you want. We gamers take many forms and sometimes things just don't mesh well, that happens. This section may help prevent some of that, but misses can still happen.

Iperithon
May 6th, 2017, 01:45
Oh right! I suppose I shall!

FG License: Free Currently, but will likely buy the one time standard liscenc
Time Zone: I'm GMT -8, so that's PST
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I'm available evenings (after 6pm) every weekday and weekends with exception of Thursdays.
Term: I prefer long term games that spand 5+ levels or further, but happy to try one shots and short terms
Voice: I have a Voice, an internet connection and a CAN DO ATTITUDE. (Yup i can get what voice stuff is needed)

Game System Preferred: Currently interested Pathfinder, 5th ED or Earthdawn
Game System Experience: I've been playing since 2nd Edition and have played every DnD system since, I've also delved into several other rulesets (Earthdawn is bae)
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I'm actually quite new to this... I've never used Fantasy Grounds, but I have used many look-alikes (OpenRPG, D20.com, Official DnD online tabletop system)

Character Type Preferred: I have Several classes I end up playing, Human Necromancer is my most experienced character but I've done some tests with other classes. I have tried healer/support classes but meh, not all my cup of tea.
Game Preferences: I'm a big fan of long games and epics that are more about the story than anything else, with a good mix of RP and Combat. I also really enjoy people who make use of actual rolls and stats in RP of a game.
About me: Just a plain ol' geek from Canada, I study computers in university and work for a radio station hosting a show based around video games and geek culture. Oh and yes I do look like a lumberjack.

Cheers,

MysticCelt
May 6th, 2017, 01:51
Awesome. Our DM will probably be online later. And get back to you once he has a chance to look everything over.

M0rganstern
May 6th, 2017, 03:45
That would be an 11 pm start time for me, but I'll give it a shot.

roberth
May 9th, 2017, 05:48
I am interested in playing if there are any slots available

Well, a standard license is only $3.99/mo or $40 one time fee. Our GM has standard so you would need to pick that up. Go ahead and post here or contact our GM with the following info to see if you are a good fit for the group.

FG License: paid
Time Zone:GMT+4:30
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: any day after 03:00 gmt
Term: any
Voice: discord, skype, teamspeak
Game System Preferred: any
Game System Experience: some experience with 5e
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to FG

Character Type Preferred: I don't play spell casters, prefer melee combatants