PDA

View Full Version : Summarize all shortcuts

Sylvain
January 4th, 2006, 11:51
Is there a document who summarize all keyboard shortcuts ?

gurney9999
January 4th, 2006, 14:08
Not really (that I know of). There is a user guide that comes with FG that isn't as robust as anyone would like. Following release 1.06 SW is going to be releasing online documentation. Hopefully this will cover any shortcuts and give better definition around all the activities you can assign to the function keys.

Sylvain
January 7th, 2006, 21:37
So, i try to create this document.This is my first version (0.1), perhaps that somebody could check if the translation is correct? :o

https://www.ip4u.fr/fantasygrounds/Shortcuts_sheet_v0.1.doc

Do not hesitate gave me keyboard shortcuts of which you find!

Ablefish
January 8th, 2006, 01:24
That's comin' along there. Thanks for putting this together. :)

The two most notable spelling changes you need to make are "Rool" should be "Roll" and "inteded" should be "intended".

Sylvain
January 11th, 2006, 21:07
Here come a new version (0.22), do not hesitate to announce your remark to me.:)

https://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9879/shortcutssheetv0229ln.jpg

mr_h
January 12th, 2006, 16:28
I've done a few documentation projects for work, so I may have a few comments for you, some of which are probably just language differences (whoo, I can finally make use of my english degree!)

Suggestions
-Break up the shortcuts into two sections: GM commands and Player Commands. That way you can place all the data that the PC's will need into one area, GMs into another, and people wont have to search through information they don't need to use to find that which they do want to use. (Example: Players dont need to know how to add NPCs, GM doesnt need to know how to whisper to the GM :b). It's trivial, but It could help out a bit. (Heck, if you were feeling adventerous, you could easily make a GM Shortcut card and a Player Shortcut card, completly seperate from each other. Course, you'd be duplicating some work :) )

-Whispering to the gamemaster (Player) could probably be just reduced to Whisper to Gamemaster. :)
-Whispering to the player probably could be Whisper to Player

-Place the feelings/emotes/actions, etc commands together. Same with the Types of speech (OOC, Narrator). It's better to group these and let a player see all the related commands in one spot. If you look at it now you have action, vote, buffers, feeling, OOC speech, clear, mood....

-Throw Dice/add modifier: I'd suggest adding an example of adding the modifier to this as well
/die #dDiceType [+ Modifier]

-Another documentation style thing that's worked well in the past: Because you have the + symbol being used for commands (such as dice) your adding NPC and whispering to a player shortcuts might be confusing. A syntax like this might make more sense:
/id <name of NPC>
/w <name of player> <message>

-Last but not least: /help This actually has several shortcuts, you might want to mimic their style of commands and adding arguments.

This is cool stuff, I'm going to get copies to my players. Thanks for making it :)

Sylvain
January 12th, 2006, 17:04
Thanks for your help, Mr_h and Ged !:cool:

I cross all your informations, and i submit you a new version as soon as possible ! :)

Sylvain

Sylvain
January 12th, 2006, 21:35
Once again, this is the new version (0.31) of shortcuts sheet! :)

https://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5571/shortcutssheetv0317mk.jpg

mr_h
January 13th, 2006, 13:55
Very cool! Looks a lot better:)

Few things:
Help - I'd probably put this at the top, plus there's a typo :) It should be "Show slash commands

I haven't tried it, is Whisper to Player only GM, or can players whisper to each other? If the later is the case, the lil GM icon should be removed next to that command.

Other then that, very neat stuff, good job :)

Ablefish
January 13th, 2006, 17:44
Sheet does look great. I've sent it to my players. The only change I would make at this point, and it's a very nit-picky kind of thing... for the series of commands at the top that all involve the Enter key - I think it would improve readability if the Enter Key icons all lined up and then the modifiers came after (or before). I'd probably use Tab instead of the arrows icon, unless Tab only shows up on english keyboards or something.

I never knew about the easy shortcut for drawing pointers on the map. That's awesome.

We tried a session last Sunday and we found that the whisper only worked between gm and player. Could be wrong though.

Sylvain
February 4th, 2006, 15:22
This is the new version (0.5) of shortcuts sheet!

Add:
-Jump word left and right
-Roll modifier
-"Tab" to assign speaker
-"Tab" instead of arrows icon
-"Enter key" icons all lined up
-"Help" at the top
-Typo "Show slash commands"

Thanks for your help !:)

https://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7752/shortcutssheetv057fh.jpg

kalmarjan
February 4th, 2006, 16:13
You can also drag the whispered text to the portrait of the player for the whisper command. (As the GM). This helps out when you have a player with a name like "Galeandshar". :)

Sandeman

devinnight
February 4th, 2006, 16:28
Nice job, wasn't expecting it to look so nice.
-D

mr_h
February 4th, 2006, 17:47
Nice job, time to download and give to my players:)

danielpryor
February 6th, 2006, 07:40
I hope the devs of FG don't mind (if you do let me know), I've spliced on the shortcuts.pdf file I've made onto the end of the FG manual. Below are two seperate files, one for just the shortcuts in pdf and one that now has the complete manual....

Edit: Link removed by Dupre

https://danielpryor.com/dundjinni/files/ShortCuts.pdf

:)

Dupre
February 6th, 2006, 21:27
Please don't modify our dear manual. We know it's desperately in need of an update and it will get one during this spring.

The shortcut list is so good in fact that we could perhaps include it in the manual when the time comes for us to update it, but at this point we don't want to have modified versions of the manual being distributed. ;)

danielpryor
February 8th, 2006, 18:13
Please don't modify our dear manual. We know it's desperately in need of an update and it will get one during this spring.

The shortcut list is so good in fact that we could perhaps include it in the manual when the time comes for us to update it, but at this point we don't want to have modified versions of the manual being distributed. ;)

no problem, I'll remove the link, sorry.

NeoDante
February 11th, 2006, 06:20
Great job on this-Thanks!

rom90125
February 12th, 2006, 16:18

Lets hope you deliver on this (in a timely manner) as there is indeed a lack of detailed (or perhaps 'advanced' is a better word) documentation for FG.

gurney9999
February 22nd, 2006, 21:06
Not sure if I was looking at an older version...

there is an eighth grouping of hotkeys using Shift-Alt-Ctrl F1-F12, correct?

Sylvain
March 2nd, 2006, 09:15
This is the new version (0.65) of shortcuts sheet!

Add:
-Eighth grouping of hotkeys
-Create body text
-Create heading
-Create chat frame
-Create list
-Create link

https://img131.imageshack.us/img131/704/shortcutssheetv0656zb.jpg

Callum
March 2nd, 2006, 13:03
Thank you, Sylvain! A few little "tidying up" changes I recommend:

Change "Chat field" to "Chat window" and add the "Clear" command to this list.
Change "Keyboards" to "Keyboard" and "Slash commands" to "Slash command".

Change "Adding a mood" to "Add a mood" (and the same for "multiword").
Change "Adding NPC" to "Add NPC".

Put a space in "Add +1" and "Add -1".

Change "Panning" to "Pan".
Change "Resizing sheet" to "Resize sheet".

Change "Approve the action (On locked token)" to "Approve an action (on locked token)" - NB. Two changes here!
Change "Rotate clockwork" to "Rotate clockwise" (and the same for "counter-").

Change "Player's only," to "Players only" and "Gamemaster's only" to "Gamemaster only".

gurney9999
March 2nd, 2006, 14:42
What does "Alt Gr" mean?

lunatis
March 2nd, 2006, 16:46
Alt Gr stands for "Alternate Graphics Key". From Microsoft: "The ALT GR key is on the right side of the keyboard on some non-U.S. keyboard layouts. ALT GR is equivalent to the CTRL+ALT key combination, and you can use it with other keys to enter additional characters as shown in the following list of keyboard languages. Microsoft Word can differentiate between the left and right ALT keys so that you can use CTRL+ALT and ALT GR key combinations."

Snikle
March 2nd, 2006, 17:26
That is a great little piece of work! SW could include this in any manual they make for FG, reminds of some of the game cheat sheets that used to come with games, but definately something that would be very helpful!

gurney9999
March 2nd, 2006, 17:51
Alt Gr stands for "Alternate Graphics Key". From Microsoft: "The ALT GR key is on the right side of the keyboard on some non-U.S. keyboard layouts. ALT GR is equivalent to the CTRL+ALT key combination, and you can use it with other keys to enter additional characters as shown in the following list of keyboard languages. Microsoft Word can differentiate between the left and right ALT keys so that you can use CTRL+ALT and ALT GR key combinations."Ah, makes sense.

lunatis
March 5th, 2006, 22:18
I just wanted to add that you can also use Ctrl+B for bold, Ctrl+I for italics and Ctrl+U for underline in story editing mode.

nezzir
March 10th, 2006, 19:26
I added all the commands to an xml file to put in my mod. Here is the code if you want to add them to your own rule set:

<node name="22help">
<stringvalue name="name" value="Interface Help" />
<formattedtext name="text">
<h>Interface Shortcuts and Help</h>
<h>Chat Window</h>
<table>
<tr><td colspan="2"><b>Chat Field</b></td><td><b>[Who]</b></td><td><b>Key Board</b></td><td colspan="2"><b>Slash Commands</b></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Show Slash Commands</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/help</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Save Campaign</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/save</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">In Character Speach</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Intended Action</td><td>[Pl]</td><td colspan="2">Ctrl</td><td colspan="2">/act [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Narrator Mode</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">Ctrl-Enter</td><td colspan="2">/story</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Out of Character</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">Alt-Enter</td><td colspan="2">/ooc [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Feelings</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">Shft-Ctrl-Enter</td><td colspan="2">/emote [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Add a Mood</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/m [mood] [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Multiword Mood</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/m ([mood]) [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Throw Dice</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/die [NdN+N]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Add Modifier</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/die [Modifier]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Whisper GM</td><td>[Pl]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/w [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Arrange Vote</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/vote [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Toggle Voice Buffer</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">Tab</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Next/Previous</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">Up/Down</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Next/Previous Word</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">Ctrl+Up/Down</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Switch to Night</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/night</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Switch to Day</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/day</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Add NPC</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/id [NPC Name]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Whisper Player</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/w [character] [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Prompt</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">2</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Prompt</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">Ctrl-2</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Clear</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">Esc</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Clear Chat</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/clear</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Export Module</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">none</td><td colspan="2">/export [name] [descr]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Scroll Up/Down</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">Pg-Up/Dn;MseW</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Add/Sub 1 to mod</td><td>[All]</td><td colspan="2">MseW</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Add 1 Dice</td><td>[GM]</td><td colspan="2">MseW-Drage</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Shortcut Bar</h>
<table>
<tr><td colspan="2"><b>Bar Number</b></td><td><b>Key</b></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">1</td><td>F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">2</td><td>CTRL-F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">3</td><td>ALT-F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">4</td><td>SHFT-F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">5</td><td>CRTL-ALT-F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">6</td><td>CRTL-SHFT-F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">7</td><td>ALT-SHFT-F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">8</td><td>CRTL-ALT-SHFT-F1-F12</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Map</h>
<table>
<tr><td colspan="2"><b>Result</b></td><td><b>Action</b></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Create Pointer</td><td>MseL+R-Drag</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Create Square</td><td>SHFT-MseL+R-Drag</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Create Circle</td><td>CTRL-MseL+R-Drag</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Create Cone</td><td>ALT-MseL+R-Drag</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Pan</td><td>MseM</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Zoom (GM)</td><td>MseW</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Resize (GM)</td><td>CTRL-Drag</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Map Token</h>
<table>
<tr><td colspan="2">Approve Action</td><td>CTRL-MseL</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Rotate</td><td>MseW</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Navigation</h>
<table>
<tr><td colspan="2">Open Notes (PL)</td><td>CTRL-N</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Open Reference (All)</td><td>CTRL-D</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Open Token Tray (All)</td><td>CTRL-T</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Open Story (GM)</td><td>CTRL-P</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Open Maps (GM)</td><td>CTRL-T</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Open People (GM)</td><td>CTRL-P</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Open Items (GM)</td><td>CTRL-L</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Open Monsters (GM)</td><td>CTRL-O</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Story Creation</h>
<table>
<tr><td colspan="2">Assign Speaker (GM)</td><td>TAB</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Create Bodytext (GM)</td><td>CTRL-ALT-1</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Create Header (GM)</td><td>CTRL-ALT-2</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Create Chat (GM)</td><td>CTRL-ALT-3</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Create List (GM)</td><td>CTRL-ALT-4</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Create Link (GM)</td><td>CTRL-ALT-5</td></tr>
</table>
</formattedtext>
</node>

Snikle
March 10th, 2006, 20:15
Nezzir, if it is ok with you, I would like to include this code in the d20 MSRD I am working on with Doswelk over at FUM. I think I will create a new button on the DM & player screens and have it open a window with your cheat sheet. I think this would be a great addition to all rulesets.

nezzir
March 10th, 2006, 20:22
Nezzir, if it is ok with you, I would like to include this code in the d20 MSRD I am working on with Doswelk over at FUM. I think I will create a new button on the DM & player screens and have it open a window with your cheat sheet. I think this would be a great addition to all rulesets.

Absolutely man, that's why I posted it. If you update it or add to it, post your changes here so I can add them to mine. The window size I have it displaying in is:
<defaultsize width="400" height="450" />
<dynamic />

Spyke
March 12th, 2006, 10:46
This is great, Sylvain.

Here are a few more commands:

Add a persistent mood: /m [mood]
Add a persistent multiword mood: /m ([multiword mood])
Remove a persistent mood: /m

Spyke

Griogre
March 12th, 2006, 19:55
This really is a good aid for my group new to FG. One command I don't see on it is /die ?NdD+x for a ? type roll for the gamemaster like his normal die rolls.

Callum
March 14th, 2006, 12:36
Absolutely man, that's why I posted it. If you update it or add to it, post your changes here so I can add them to mine. The window size I have it displaying in is:
<defaultsize width="400" height="450" />
<dynamic />
Thanks, Nezzir - but where do you put this? That is, how do you add this window to your version of FG? I'm just trying to find my way around at the moment, but it seems that these sorts of things are outside the rulesets, in "ui_adventure.xml" in the "data" folder.

nezzir
March 14th, 2006, 22:23
Thanks, Nezzir - but where do you put this? That is, how do you add this window to your version of FG? I'm just trying to find my way around at the moment, but it seems that these sorts of things are outside the rulesets, in "ui_adventure.xml" in the "data" folder.

OK, here's the quick and dirty route.

Assuming you're using the D20 ruleset:
First you need to make a new mod. I think the D20 mod is write protected. To do that you need to do two things:

1. Copy the D20 folder in your ruleset directory to a new directory in your ruleset directory and rename it to what you want your mod to be, let's say D20mod.

2. Next you need to edit your base.xml in the root of your mod and fix the path. Do a search and replace for \D20\ and replace it with \D20mod\

You now have a mod of your own that you can edit and play around with.

Next we will add the help screen code.

Edit your equipment.xml file in your database directory. At the bottom of the page, but before the </root> and </node> at the very bottom, paste the code I included on page 3 of this post.

That's it. The window and menu positioning for the equipment.xml file was previously defined in d20_reference.xml.

Oh, you may have to increase the size of that menu chain (the equipment stuff) in order to see the third item (your menu help screen). To do that, open the d20_reference.xml file and find the following in the referenceroot node:
<windowlist class="equipmentsmall">
<bounds rect="253,43,200,50" />
</windowlist>
Increase the last number:
<windowlist class="equipmentsmall">
<bounds rect="253,43,200,250" />
</windowlist>

Now to view it, you have to start up FG and start a new campain using the new mod you just created (D20mod). Be sure and back everything up from your old campaign, characters, everything - just in case.

You'll notice that the button is off position a bit. That is due to the other menu items being called from d20_reference.xml. It's ugly, but it will work. Once you get it where you can see it, you can start messing around with the positions of the other buttons till you like it. The positions are the four number strings in the <windowclass name="referenceroot"> definition of your d20_reference.xml file.

You just have to tweak it till you like it.

Note: Doing this will cause any users that connect to you to download the new mod.
Note: You will have to import any existing modules
Note: Back up frequently and often

Once you fiddle around with this, you'll start to understand how the database files are put together. Note the "equipment" and "equipmentsmall" window classes in d20_reference.xml as well as the "equipmentsmall" entry under the refereceroot window class in the same file. Also notice the fact that any new files you create must be loaded in the base.xml.

Good luck - it's not as hard as it sounds.

Callum
March 17th, 2006, 20:56
You just have to tweak it till you like it.
I've done that, by making a new "referenceroot.png" graphic that has a larger 'window' at the top for the three Equipment buttons. I've also made a few corrections and tweaks to your code for the help file:

<node name="22help">
<stringvalue name="name" value="Interface Help" />
<formattedtext name="text">
<h>Interface Shortcuts and Help</h>
<h>Chat Window</h>
<table>
<tr><td colspan="2"><b>Effect</b></td><td><b>[Who]</b></td><td><b>Keyboard</b></td><td colspan="2"><b>Slash Command</b></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Show Slash Commands</td><td>[All]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/help</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Save Campaign</td><td>[All]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/save</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">In-Character Speech</td><td>[All]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Out-of-Character Speech</td><td>[All]</td><td>Alt+Enter</td><td colspan="2">/ooc [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Feelings</td><td>[All]</td><td>Shift+Ctrl+Enter</td><td colspan="2">/emote [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Intended Action</td><td>[Pl]</td><td>Ctrl+Enter</td><td colspan="2">/act [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Narrator Mode</td><td>[GM]</td><td>Ctrl+Enter</td><td colspan="2">/story [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Mood</td><td>[All]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/m [mood] [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Persistent Mood</td><td>[All]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/m [mood]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Clear Persistent Mood</td><td>[All]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/m</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Whisper to GM</td><td>[Pl]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/w [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Arrange Vote</td><td>[All]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/vote [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Throw Dice</td><td>[All]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/die [NdN+N] [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Add Modifier</td><td>[All]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/die [modifier] [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Toggle Voice Buffer</td><td>[All]</td><td>Tab</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Next/Previous</td><td>[All]</td><td>Up/Down</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Next/Previous Word</td><td>[All]</td><td>Ctrl+Up/Down</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Scroll Up/Down</td><td>[All]</td><td>PgUp/Dn; MseW</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Add/Subtract 1 to Modifier</td><td>[All]</td><td>MseW</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Add 1 Dice</td><td>[GM]</td><td>MseW+Drag</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Whisper to Player</td><td>[GM]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/w [character] [message]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Add NPC</td><td>[GM]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/id [NPC Name]</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Switch to Night</td><td>[GM]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/night</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Switch to Day</td><td>[GM]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/day</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Prompt</td><td>[GM]</td><td>Ctrl+2</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Clear</td><td>[GM]</td><td>Esc</td><td colspan="2">none</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Clear Chat</td><td>[GM]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/clear</td></tr>
<tr><td colspan="2">Export Module</td><td>[GM]</td><td>none</td><td colspan="2">/export [name] [descr]</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Shortcut Bar</h>
<table>
<tr><td><b>Bar Number</b></td><td><b>Keyboard</b></td></tr>
<tr><td>1</td><td>F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td>2</td><td>Ctrl+F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td>3</td><td>Alt+F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td>4</td><td>Shift+F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td>5</td><td>Ctrl+Alt+F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td>6</td><td>Ctrl+Shift+F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td>7</td><td>Alt+Shift+F1-F12</td></tr>
<tr><td>8</td><td>Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F1-F12</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Map</h>
<table>
<tr><td><b>Effect</b></td><td><b>Action</b></td></tr>
<tr><td>Create Pointer</td><td>MseL+R+Drag</td></tr>
<tr><td>Create Square</td><td>Shift+MseL+R+Drag</td></tr>
<tr><td>Create Circle</td><td>Ctrl+MseL+R+Drag</td></tr>
<tr><td>Create Cone</td><td>Alt+MseL+R+Drag</td></tr>
<tr><td>Pan</td><td>MseM</td></tr>
<tr><td>Zoom [GM]</td><td>MseW</td></tr>
<tr><td>Resize [GM]</td><td>Ctrl+Drag</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Map Tokens</h>
<table>
<tr><td><b>Effect</b></td><td><b>Action</b></td></tr>
<tr><td>Rotate</td><td>MseW</td></tr>
<tr><td>Approve Action [GM]</td><td>Ctrl+MseL</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Navigation</h>
<table>
<tr><td><b>Effect</b></td><td><b>Keyboard</b></td></tr>
<tr><td>Open Reference [All]</td><td>Ctrl+D</td></tr>
<tr><td>Open Token Tray [All]</td><td>Ctrl+T</td></tr>
<tr><td>Open Notes [Pl]</td><td>Ctrl+N</td></tr>
<tr><td>Open Story [GM]</td><td>Ctrl+S</td></tr>
<tr><td>Open Maps [GM]</td><td>Ctrl+M</td></tr>
<tr><td>Open Personalities [GM]</td><td>Ctrl+P</td></tr>
<tr><td>Open Items [GM]</td><td>Ctrl+L</td></tr>
<tr><td>Open Monsters [GM]</td><td>Ctrl+O</td></tr>
</table>
<h>Story Creation [GM]</h>
<table>
<tr><td><b>Effect</b></td><td><b>Keyboard</b></td></tr>
<tr><td>Assign Speaker</td><td>Tab</td></tr>
<tr><td>Create Body Text</td><td>Ctrl+Alt+1</td></tr>
<tr><td>Create Header</td><td>Ctrl+Alt+2</td></tr>
<tr><td>Create Chat</td><td>Ctrl+Alt+3</td></tr>
<tr><td>Create List</td><td>Ctrl+Alt+4</td></tr>
<tr><td>Create Link</td><td>Ctrl+Alt+5</td></tr>
</table>
</formattedtext>
</node>

I'm not sure what the "Prompt" is supposed to do; I've tried hitting Ctrl+2 while running FG without any obvious effect. Can anyone help? Thanks again, nezzir!

BaldMike
April 2nd, 2006, 21:58
This is a great aid, nice work!

Unfortunately for me, I am a complete illiterate when it comes to programming, etc. In fact, when I pull this up as a JPG file and try to print it I'm having problems getting the whole thing to come out. :o

I would appreciate any ideas any of you have on this... I feel like an idiot. BUT, I am very much willing to support this group and FG in any other way I can. Love the product and everyone I've met so far has been great.

Thanks.

dLANbandit
July 7th, 2006, 14:40
I hope you don't mind but I posted the image on the wiki how to page someone started over on scratchpad. If you do mind take it off, or let me know I will go get it off.

https://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasy_Grounds

romelwell
April 11th, 2008, 20:21
Nice work. I wanted to bump this thread and see if there were any updates needed to the doc. Some of the keyboard shortcuts are not correct.

Any chance of getting the source file for this work? I could make the updates myself.

Thanks.

Xorn
April 12th, 2008, 12:58
I'd really like to add a help window in game the players (and I) can open up in game with this information, too. But the code presented appears to be for FG1, because I can't find any of the files mentioned. Anyone care to update this for FG2?

Bidmaron
September 6th, 2008, 04:58
I realize this sheet was for FG1, but I have to ask what are the prompt and halt commands that are listed? Also, I can't tell what keys he's trying to say invoke these mystery commands? Do they not apply in FG2?
--Dale--

Griogre
September 6th, 2008, 10:54
I can't make out the shortcut keys either. I don't use these icons myself because I use voice and they are more useful for non voice games. The "halt" and "prompt" icons appear in the chat window. To see them right click in the chat window and they are at 3 and 9 o'clock.

Everything in the shortcut list is still good except tab no longer toggles chat buffers (I think it is now Ctrl and either up or down arrow) and the /act chat command hasn't ever worked.

Bidmaron
September 6th, 2008, 13:33
Thanks, Griogre.
--Dale--

jbear
August 25th, 2010, 10:04
This would be a fantastic feature to add to the the FGII program as part of an official update, so another vote here for that to happen.

A short cut to the short cuts!

Orcini
September 16th, 2010, 18:40
Hi all, My first post.

I was wondering if there was a slash command to show me my external ip or alias. it would be nice to see that in the game window.

Griogre
September 17th, 2010, 04:30
There isn't a way to see the External IP from inside the game. However when you first start FG the Load window's right pane shows both Internal and External IP addresses as well as alias information.

Ferryman66
January 20th, 2011, 21:58
As a new user to FG I must say I am impressed by many of the abilities but wonder:

In character creation:
Why not have a drop down window for class selection?
How about having the exp needed for next level auto update?
Why do the class vs non class skills on the skill page not auto select by class?
why cant you drag weapons/spells/feats from the books right into the character sheet?
Feats could be a selection table rather than a entry page so that it would auto update such things as turning attempts, crit ranges on weapons, init bonuses etc.

I love many of the features that are there but really feel that there is a lot that can still be done.

Ferryman

Moon Wizard
January 23rd, 2011, 19:31
Ferryman,

While the rulesets in FG could be enhanced to be more like a "character builder", most of the ruleset authors including myself focus on making all the capabilities of the game available as opposed to automated.

Trying to implement every rule and exception a rule is an almost impossible tangle of conflicting goals. It also adds huge levels of complexity to a ruleset that have nothing to do with features that users will see or use most of the time. Just look on the Wizards forums to see how many questions and house rules are debated and discussed for D&D. As an example, I am implementing the nonlethal damage capability for the 3.5E ruleset, but I never used even once in the 10 years I played that version. In the end, it's a trade-off for complexity vs. ease of use vs. development resources.

If the game data is publicly available or licensed, features such as the ones you are asking for can be automated through development or extensions by the community.

As for the drag and drop, that is something I am looking at for 3.5E, but is implemented on a ruleset by ruleset basis.

If you have a particular ruleset that you are interested in seeing features, you should post in the forum for that ruleset for the developers to see. They can keep the requests in mind as they generate future versions.

Cheers,
JPG

Emrak
June 14th, 2011, 18:59
Is there a current link to an updated version of the doc? All the links I've tried are broken?

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2011, 19:33
I found this one with a quick search. Once I get the manuals updated for v2.8, we will have a better home for them here.

https://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Fantasy_Grounds

Regards,
JPG

David Watson
October 21st, 2012, 19:26
Hello folks,

I went ahead and bought the ultimate license. Right out of the gate, I am running into problems I can't seem to find answers for. So here I am. Question one, how do you delete a campaign? I started one and want to get rid of it. The second question is a little more detailed. I generated a document in word. It is the lead-in to a campaign I want to create. I saw a Youtube video showing how to cut and paste text from an outside source into the story box. In the video, however, the narrator already had a mouse tool up that I have not been able to access through any of the radical menus. All I want to do is cut and paste from an outside source. It seems strange that this would be such a complicated task. Help please.

Dakadin
October 21st, 2012, 22:07
To delete the campaign, go to the Start menu, All Programs, Fantasy Grounds II, Application Data Folder. Open up the campaigns folder and delete the folder for the campaign you want to remove.

You can use Ctrl+V to paste story information.

Please continue to post if you have other questions. Someone will likely answer them.

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2012, 01:04
Hello folks,

I went ahead and bought the ultimate license. Right out of the gate, I am running into problems I can't seem to find answers for. So here I am. Question one, how do you delete a campaign? I started one and want to get rid of it. The second question is a little more detailed. I generated a document in word. It is the lead-in to a campaign I want to create. I saw a Youtube video showing how to cut and paste text from an outside source into the story box. In the video, however, the narrator already had a mouse tool up that I have not been able to access through any of the radical menus. All I want to do is cut and paste from an outside source. It seems strange that this would be such a complicated task. Help please.
Dakadin's already answered your questions.

One suggestion - if you have questions, please start a new thread specific to your questions. I didn't look in this old, unrelated thread for a while as I wasn't really interested in reading about "Summarize all shortcuts" - some other people on the forum may have not read your questions at all because of this.

Tiqon
October 22nd, 2012, 05:53
Dakadin's already answered your questions.

One suggestion - if you have questions, please start a new thread specific to your questions. I didn't look in this old, unrelated thread for a while as I wasn't really interested in reading about "Summarize all shortcuts" - some other people on the forum may have not read your questions at all because of this.

I did! I did! :D. But a very good point Trenloe!

I want to add, that the application folder Dakadin mentioned you are going to use ALOT! so make a shortcut for it or you will regret it ;).

And welcome to FG2! The best community in the world of RPG! ;).

bennis1980
October 31st, 2012, 11:29
...I didn't look in this old, unrelated thread for a while as I wasn't really interested in reading about "Summarize all shortcuts" - some other people on the forum may have not read your questions at all because of this.

Ha ha ha!! I went ahead and read all of the posts out of curiosity....

...and it wasn't worth it! Mostly related to FG 1. It was good fun all the same (if you have 10 minutes to waste)