PDA

View Full Version : New machine, whoops

Danimal66
April 28th, 2017, 19:39
(Wasn't sure where to post this but since I only play 5E D&D)

So just got my new beefed up Falcon PC and unplugged the old one and spent 2 days installing. Fired up FG to play the other night and realized "hey dummy you forgot your campaigns" I guess I'm so used to everything being in the cloud these days I forgot.

So before I hook up my old PC and copy files to a thumb drive is there an explanation somewhere of what needs to be copied? I was in the middle of running Storm Kings Thunder

Andraax
April 28th, 2017, 19:55
In the campaigns folder, there is a folder with your campaign name. Everything in that folder. Or just copy the entire campaigns folder.

Also, if you use modules you'll need your modules folder.

Just get it all and do another update after you've copied, and you should be fine.

Nylanfs
April 28th, 2017, 20:16
Don't forget extensions.

JohnD
April 28th, 2017, 21:43
And custom tokens you may have made.

Trenloe
April 28th, 2017, 22:05
On your old computer: open FG, click the folder icon in the top right hand corner. This will open your application data directory. Copy everything from here to a thumg drive, or whatever you want to use to backup.

On your new computer: install Fantasy Grounds, click the folder icon in the top right hand corner. Copy the stuff from your old computer here.

Then run an update, just to make sure all rulesets, modules, etc. are up-to-date.

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2017, 22:26
...a thumg drive...
This is what the loan shark uses to keep his book keeping records of who owes him what, and how many thumbs a late payment costs...

JohnD
April 28th, 2017, 22:51
Autowrong really is a menace.