Updating my graphics drivers
Disable Steam in-game overlay
Make sure cross-platform compatibility mode is not activated
Try windowed and maximized window
Restarting my PC
Make sure none of my cats are in my room
Check different campaign / library settings
Make sure any FX on my Asus Xonar DX are disabled
Make sure no extra graphic settings such as anti-aliasing or anisotropic filter were activated for the game in my Radeon settings

EDIT / SOLUTION: After updating my drivers, changing the Steam overlay settings, making sure no cats were in my room and doing all the other stuff I listed above I restarted my PC multiple times. It never worked. Yesterday I loaded up my campaign again and suddenly the dice animation was fluid. I have absolutely no idea why or how this happened, but I guess doing everything listed above and restarting / waiting a few days (superstitious, I know, but who knows what exactly triggered the solution) fixes the problem eventually. Could be the drivers doing something differently for some reason, could be an update anywhere, that I didn't notice, could be a crit roll on the power button.

Regarding connection issues:

Forward my TCP 1802 port in my router
Make sure I have a fully accessible IPv4 adress to be able to properly forward ports (recently moved, provider obliged nicely)
Double-check all settings including my static internal IP are correct in my user settings for port forwarding
Completely disable Windows Firewall

EDIT / SOLUTION: I had two routers running, because I didn't bridge my modem. Recently moved in. Had to forward the port from my modem to my intended router and in the router's settings from my router to my pc. Will change the modem to bridge mode asap.

I run Windows 10, Avast (no firewall), DUC No-IP (creates a connected alias in case my IP changes, used to host game servers before moving), and unfortunately just one monitor at this time.

Other specs:
GFX: AMD Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Nitro
CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K 4x 3.80GHz
Memory: 16GB (2x 8192MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 DIMM CL16-18-18-36
Motherboard: MSI Z270-A PRO Intel Z270
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX

Trenloe
April 28th, 2017, 14:58
Welcome to the forums.

For the 3D dice issue you'll need to play with your Graphics card settings. The usual culprits are anti-aliasing and antistropic filter - turn both of these off.

For the first step in checking your connection, please run the following from a command prompt and report the results: tracert 8.8.8.8

Mindfreezer
April 28th, 2017, 17:28
Hey!

Thanks for the quick response. I forgot to add that I already deactivated the game's profile in my Radeon settings and also tried deleting it. No such settings have been running for FG for a while now, but nothing changed.

You have a PM with my tracerouting screenshot.

Edit: These are my settings. Radeon Settings no longer allows you to forcefully turn off the features. "Leaving it up to the app" is the best I can do.
https://i.gyazo.com/ba1f809f9d82e82c53f73615af08fdb6.png

Edit 2: Solution to network problem added in OP.

Talyn
April 28th, 2017, 22:30
If you're using current-gen GPU you might just be stuck with it, unfortunately. It's something to do with the DX9 in FG. I've heard "Windows 10 has terrible legacy support for DX9" but I had no problem whatsoever with Win10 and my previous GPU which was 2-3 generations old so I'm not buying that excuse. My laptop also has an older GPU and the dice are perfectly fine, as does my spare PC and my gf's laptop.
Now I've got a beast of a gaming PC and one of the better current-gen GPUs but the FG dice are single-digit fps and nothing I can do about it.

pindercarl
April 29th, 2017, 00:03
If you're using current-gen GPU you might just be stuck with it, unfortunately. It's something to do with the DX9 in FG. I've heard "Windows 10 has terrible legacy support for DX9" but I had no problem whatsoever with Win10 and my previous GPU which was 2-3 generations old so I'm not buying that excuse. My laptop also has an older GPU and the dice are perfectly fine, as does my spare PC and my gf's laptop.
Now I've got a beast of a gaming PC and one of the better current-gen GPUs but the FG dice are single-digit fps and nothing I can do about it.

There were some issues that plagued the MS Surface Pros that were caused by a perfect storm of Intel Kaby Lake processors, Intel integrated graphics, and Windows 10. If you changed any of those 3 in a system, the problems weren't exhibited. I suspect that the Windows 10 and DirectX 9 issues are similar. With certain combinations, it's all bad, but it isn't one component on its own that can be blamed. I wouldn't be surprised if the common factors were Windows 10 and 7th gen Intel processors.

damned
April 29th, 2017, 01:32
My i5 Surface Pro 4 seems to work fine. Im on it at the moment and throwing some dice and they look nice and fluid.

Mindfreezer
April 29th, 2017, 09:29
Not happy with that outlook. Anything more promising on the horizon I can try or anything the devs can do about it?

Trenloe
April 29th, 2017, 14:22
I'm afraid that it will more than likely be the graphics card/drivers/config. So keep playing around with the graphics card settings. If you motherboard has a onboard graphics card, as a test, try switching to that to see if it makes a difference.

Try getting updated (and even older) drivers from the card manufacturer, also get them from the chip manufacturer. You may need to do a lot of experimentation to see what helps. And key to testing - change one thing at a time, so you know what the issue is! :)

Mindfreezer
April 29th, 2017, 14:57
*sigh* Alright, thanks for now.

LordEntrails
April 29th, 2017, 20:51
Not happy with that outlook. Anything more promising on the horizon I can try or anything the devs can do about it?
The devs are certainly aware. But with the current architecture I don't think there is anything that can be done. That's why they are working diligently to completely migrate FG to a new architecture (Unitiy). No timeline on when it might be released though.

Mindfreezer
May 1st, 2017, 10:04
Surprisingly enough after restarting a couple of times since I tried fixing the issue the dice are now running on a good framerate. I honestly have no idea what was supposed to change it, because I already restarted immediately after making each and every change, but nothing worked until I happened to open my campaign yesterday to demonstrate the combat tracker to my girl and BOOM. Fluid animations!

Adding the "solution" to the OP.

damned
May 1st, 2017, 13:07
Even FG has its pea**** moments and likes to impress someone new :)