PDA

View Full Version : Spells

Elsender
April 26th, 2017, 17:24
Currently FG treats spells that have different effects, like more damage, duration, etc, depending on spell level, by having to add the additional effects to the character sheet actions tab. causes the character sheet to be large and unwieldy especially in later levels, or they have to be done manually.
I would like to see FG implement a Pop up window, or something similar, that asks what level you would like to cast the spell at, and auto-apply the relevant effects/damages based on spell level selected,

This would eliminate the need to have a separate effect for every spell you can cast that has different effects based on spell level. And anything else that changes when possible to use at different levels.

Could this be done with an Extension?

Zacchaeus
April 26th, 2017, 18:03
This is an often requested feature and you can cast your vote here (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=50690) on the wish list.

I'm sure that you could probably do it as an extension but I don't think it would be easy by any means.

Elsender
April 26th, 2017, 18:58
The link posted is similar, but not the exactly the same.

Something like, Divine Smite.

Starting at 2nd level, when you hit a creature with a melee weapon Attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapon's damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each Spell Level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an Undead or a fiend.

I was hoping for FG to have some way of asking and/or selecting if you would like to use a 1st level or 2nd level spell slot and then apply the damage relevant to that level spell slot.

currently the extra 1d8 (if using a 2nd level spell slot) either has to be added manually, or the character sheet has to have another effect added on it for each spell slot level you can cast the spell at; This is not especially difficult or inconvenient, but it does cause a lot more real estate on the character sheets to be used, especially considering the number of spells that can be cast using different spell slots. It is also easy to forget that you can cast the spell at higher spell slots.

Seananigans
April 26th, 2017, 20:12
Could this perhaps be coded into the automatic effect creation when dragging a spell into a char's spell list? Like, when dragging Fireball, rather than simply creating the 8d6 base effect, it also creates the other possible ones, 9d6, 10d6 ... up to 14d6 for 9th level slot. This is the automatic equivalent of what I do manually for these spells that modify based on spell level.

Wonderbringer
April 26th, 2017, 22:21
You can still right-click and increase a die pool for actions just as you can with dice picked up from the desktop. So for instance, with Divine Smite, you can have a damage action with the base 2d8, and when you pick it up to drag elsewhere, you can right-click and add another 1d8 for each spell slot being used. Great for Cure Wounds.