PDA

View Full Version : AD&D Core 1e Extention

celestian
April 25th, 2017, 04:56
AD&D Core 1e Extension.

Also available in the FG Forge - information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37986-AD-amp-D-Core-1e-Extention

2E ruleset 2021.07.24+ is required for this extension.

This extension is meant to be used with the AD&D 2E ruleset.

Purpose, to tweak these properties for the slight differences in 1e and 2e AD&D.

Saves
Abilities (Str/Dex/etc)
Use a Matrix instead of THACO
Initiative Dice (d6)

This requires the AD&D 2E ruleset which comes with Fantasy Grounds Unity.

The most current release version should be attached to this message.

In the future if there are any divergences between the 1e and 2e functions in the AD&D Core ruleset this will be how I address them.

If I made any typos or missed something that tweaks your nose between 1e and 2e differences let me know.

Download here: the Forge. (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/150/view)

celestian
July 4th, 2017, 05:37
Updated extension to be able to work with the encumbrance features added.

Trenloe
July 4th, 2017, 19:57
Thinks for posting an updated extension. There are now 2 extensions as attachments in post #1, both with the same name. Could you remove the old one so there's no confusion please?

celestian
July 4th, 2017, 21:09
Thinks for posting an updated extension. There are now 2 extensions as attachments in post #1, both with the same name. Could you remove the old one so there's no confusion please?

Done. Sorry I normally clean out previous versions.

Vackipleur
October 2nd, 2017, 23:39
Hi Celestian,

I've found two issues in your ruleset and the AD&D1 extension:

First, #henchmen is always set to 0 and never increase (or decrease) whatever your Charisma score is.

Second, encumbrance is not like in AD&D2. Strength adjustment must be added to 500 to give proper value. For example, if you have 17 in Strength, your max weight allowance is 1000 (base 500 + 500 bonus). Here, maximum is always 0 :)

celestian
October 3rd, 2017, 00:51
Hi Celestian,

First, #henchmen is always set to 0 and never increase (or decrease) whatever your Charisma score is.

Second, encumbrance is not like in AD&D2. Strength adjustment must be added to 500 to give proper value. For example, if you have 17 in Strength, your max weight allowance is 1000 (base 500 + 500 bonus). Here, maximum is always 0 :)

I'll look at these and get it sorted. Thanks for the reports.

celestian
October 4th, 2017, 01:44
Hi Celestian,

I found the bug with the charisma score, actually was affecting the ruleset over all. When I re-worked the effects and stat adjustments for AD&D I mis-named a var... fixed that.

Regarding encumbrance. I'll need to dig deeper into this. Do you have specific page/ref where that is contained? I can look over it and see if there is a way to wrap it around 1e. For now I've set it to not mess with movement till I can (the ruleset). I've got work sending me on travel at various days for the next few weeks so my time isn't what I'd like ;(

I also noticed that I had missing turn undead data in the 1e extension and added that. I'll push out this version once the Core version has been updated/released.

The next version of AD&D core I release will have these changes. If I can figure out a real 1e encumbrance function before then tho I'll add that.

Full Bleed
October 4th, 2017, 19:06
Do you have specific page/ref where that is contained?
Mentioned on page 9 of the PHB under Notes Regarding Strength Table II:

If a character could normally carry 500 gold pieces without encumbrance, but that character had a strength of 17 instead of the normal 8-11 range, 1,000 gold pieces could be carried without incurring movement penalty.

celestian
October 4th, 2017, 19:21
Mentioned on page 9 of the PHB under Notes Regarding Strength Table II:

I actually found a page 101 covers this pretty well. They have set values and the weight allowance gives a greater or less number for it. Here is what I'm looking at right now for it.

local nWeightAllowance = DataCommonADND.aStrength[nStrength][3];

local nHeavyCarry = 105;
local nModerateCarry = 70;
local nNormalCarry = 35;

-- determine if wt carried is greater than a encumbrance rank for strength value
if (nWeightCarried >= (nHeavyCarry+nWeightAllowance)) then
nBaseEnc = nBaseMove * nEncHeavy; -- greater than heavy
sEncRank = "Heavy";
elseif (nWeightCarried >= (nModerateCarry+nWeightAllowance)) then
nBaseEnc = nBaseMove * nEncModerate; -- greater than moderate
sEncRank = "Moderate";
elseif (nWeightCarried >= (nNormalCarry+nWeightAllowance)) then
nBaseEnc = nBaseMove * nEncLight; -- greater than light
sEncRank = "Light";
else
nBaseEnc = nBaseMove;
end

This should account for bonus/penalties. So, someone with 13 strength would have +100 weight allowance so his carry capacities would be 205,170,135.

celestian
October 4th, 2017, 22:23
Update 1.1

Fixed encumbrance for 1e values.

Make sure to 2017.10.04 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37777-Project-AD-amp-D-Core-Ruleset) or higher version of AD&D Core for 1.1 extension.

Vackipleur
October 5th, 2017, 01:54
I actually found a page 101 covers this pretty well. They have set values and the weight allowance gives a greater or less number for it. Here is what I'm looking at right now for it.

This should account for bonus/penalties. So, someone with 13 strength would have +100 weight allowance so his carry capacities would be 205,170,135.

In fact, no :)
Should be:

local nHeavyCarry = 1050;
local nModerateCarry = 700;
local nNormalCarry = 350;

So, someone with 13 Strength would have +100 weight allowance so his carry capacities would be 1150,800,450.
"#" on page 101-102 means 1 pound. You must multiply by 10 (gold pieces) to be correct. Weight Allowance, on page 9, is given in gold pieces...
Welcome to 1st edition :)

And you made a mistake here:

aWisdom[13] = { 0, "1x1", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[14] = { 0, "2x1", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[15] = { 1, "2x1,1x2", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[16] = { 2, "2x2,2x2", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[17] = { 3, "2x2,2x2,1x3", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[18] = { 4, "Various", 0, "None"};

Should be:

aWisdom[16] = { 2, "2x1,2x2", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[17] = { 3, "2x1,2x2,1x3", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[18] = { 4, "2x1,2x2,1x3,1x4", 0, "None"};

Thank you very much for your ruleset. You are great !!!

celestian
October 5th, 2017, 06:22
In fact, no :)
Should be:

local nHeavyCarry = 1050;
local nModerateCarry = 700;
local nNormalCarry = 350;

So, someone with 13 Strength would have +100 weight allowance so his carry capacities would be 1150,800,450.
"#" on page 101-102 means 1 pound. You must multiply by 10 (gold pieces) to be correct. Weight Allowance, on page 9, is given in gold pieces...
Welcome to 1st edition :)

That I was aware of actually. I've a specific setting to multiply actual coin's weight by a different value than I used for 2e. However, if they say "105#" it means 105 lbs which gear is weighted in lbs (in my ruleset) so doesn't need the adjustment for coin weight. Any of the Item modules that's how I've done it at least.

"normal gear — about 35# and no great bulk" - tells me it's 35lbs adjusted for weight allowance of +-Pounds.

In 1e I think they list item weight as coin weight, not lbs? I use lbs directly so I think we're in the clear. You'll just need to make sure items are listed in pounds not "coin" weight? I suppose I could just adjust the weight carried by 10 if that is preferred.

And you made a mistake here:

aWisdom[16] = { 2, "2x2,2x2", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[17] = { 3, "2x2,2x2,1x3", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[18] = { 4, "Various", 0, "None"};

Should be:

aWisdom[16] = { 2, "2x1,2x2", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[17] = { 3, "2x1,2x2,1x3", 0, "None"};
aWisdom[18] = { 4, "2x1,2x2,1x3,1x4", 0, "None"};

Thank you very much for your ruleset. You are great !!!

18 is set to various because it gets so long it wont fit in the text field. Because of that it's in 118 and shows as a tooltip. 118 (100+18) is not actually the wisdom score, it's just a place I moved the values that I needed for tooltips so might be confusing.

"aWisdom[118] = { 4, "Bonus Spells: 2x1st, 2x2nd, 1x3rd, 1x4th", 0, "None"};"

When "Various" shows you have to mouse over to get the tooltip for the full view, was the best option I could come up with.

Thanks again for your reports! Want to make sure things are accurate as can be for your game pleasure ;)

Vackipleur
October 5th, 2017, 10:19
That I was aware of actually. I've a specific setting to multiply actual coin's weight by a different value than I used for 2e. However, if they say "105#" it means 105 lbs which gear is weighted in lbs (in my ruleset) so doesn't need the adjustment for coin weight. Any of the Item modules that's how I've done it at least.

"normal gear — about 35# and no great bulk" - tells me it's 35lbs adjusted for weight allowance of +-Pounds.

In 1e I think they list item weight as coin weight, not lbs? I use lbs directly so I think we're in the clear. You'll just need to make sure items are listed in pounds not "coin" weight? I suppose I could just adjust the weight carried by 10 if that is preferred.

Indeed, 35 lbs adjusted by weight allowance (for 13 STR should be 35 + 10 = 45 (pounds)).
Items are listed in coins (except armor, see DMG p239) but I use lbs too. But at this moment, weight allowance should be divide by 10 to be set in lbs too.

And I find the Power field has a strange behavior. It's different than in 5E Ruleset.
I can't appear a spell when I'm in Combat Mode. I see spells in Preparation Mode, I can check them. It's ok in Standard Mode.

celestian
October 5th, 2017, 20:01
Indeed, 35 lbs adjusted by weight allowance (for 13 STR should be 35 + 10 = 45 (pounds)).
Items are listed in coins (except armor, see DMG p239) but I use lbs too. But at this moment, weight allowance should be divide by 10 to be set in lbs too.

Okay, I'll make the change for the next release of the ruleset (thats where I manage that bit) and assume that DMs are using "coin weight" for items.

And I find the Power field has a strange behavior. It's different than in 5E Ruleset.
I can't appear a spell when I'm in Combat Mode. I see spells in Preparation Mode, I can check them. It's ok in Standard Mode.

Thats because there isn't a "prep" mode for spells in AD&D. You'll have to actually memorize the spells.

Here you can see the spell bless has not be memorized and the player has 2 slots for level 1 spells.

https://i.imgur.com/FzkhMvJ.png

Here the player clicked on the memorization book twice to add slots memorized and both the boxes with 0's are now 2.

https://i.imgur.com/RzKFW3G.png

So, when you go into "combat" mode it will only list spells that are memorized. Using standard/prep modes will always show all spells, memorized or not.

https://i.imgur.com/UDxUl1n.png

Lastly the player will have to use the "CAST" option for a spell slot to be used.

Vackipleur
October 5th, 2017, 21:15
Ok I've understood. I created the spell and didn't drag and drop the Spell from SRD. If you create the spell you don't have a Memorize button...

celestian
October 5th, 2017, 21:43
Ok I've understood. I created the spell and didn't drag and drop the Spell from SRD. If you create the spell you don't have a Memorize button...

Yeah, it expects a spell level to determine if it is a "spell". If you create the spell in the Spell records section and set the level it should work if you drag/drop that one in the characters power section.

jfos
February 8th, 2018, 01:31
Yeah, it expects a spell level to determine if it is a "spell". If you create the spell in the Spell records section and set the level it should work if you drag/drop that one in the characters power section.

Almost... If one forgets to assign (divine or arcane) the spell type, FG doesnt know if you can cast it or not Ive noticed(Im assuming the coding flow is something like if x = true then assign the memorize feature where x = divine or arcane and since its nil, I bet it returns "not true"... and its right... sorta)

Celestian, this 1e extension is rockin... I have a few questions surrounding effects and wands/items and charges etc... I'll post some pics and etc and let ya know. Im assuming its operator error on my part, as I cant find anything else to complain about but the insane data entry effort =P. The headstart already provided was a great template to follow and 75% of what Im looking for is already there. Thanks for the effort!

Once I get pics and my ducks in a row Ill ask the questions in the next day or so.

:rv:

Bidmaron
February 8th, 2018, 02:26
Welcome to the forums, jfos!

jfos
February 8th, 2018, 02:41
Ok I am trying to create the "Wand of Magic Missles" as described in the 1e DMG... The spell to emulate is already there (thanks!) and Im using the "Wand of lightning bolts" as the example to follow... ish... Ive dummied up a character and everything works "as expected" when I try to use it as a melee (according to the DMG, melees will have to "roll to hit" but there is no save. Casters will just point and click.. no saves, no "to hit roll")... heres the sticker, I had to basically put in a a negative modifier that not even Zeus could make the save, so the caster basically gets the "no to hit" roll but the save is still rolled... never ever made, but still rolled. The same magic item can be used for either melee or caster, just needs a tweek each time its "given" to someone. Is there some templatization or anything I can use to programatically assign the melee or caster "version" of the wand or?

Is there a better solution Im missing? Seems clunky... thanks let me know wyc!

Set up for caster use:

Set up for melee use:

jfos
February 8th, 2018, 02:44
Welcome to the forums, jfos!

TY, and I must say again, this rule set and 1e extension is cool AF!!:cool:

celestian
February 8th, 2018, 04:27
Ok I am trying to create the "Wand of Magic Missles" as described in the 1e DMG... The spell to emulate is already there (thanks!) and Im using the "Wand of lightning bolts" as the example to follow... ish... Ive dummied up a character and everything works "as expected" when I try to use it as a melee (according to the DMG, melees will have to "roll to hit" but there is no save. Casters will just point and click.. no saves, no "to hit roll")... heres the sticker, I had to basically put in a a negative modifier that not even Zeus could make the save, so the caster basically gets the "no to hit" roll but the save is still rolled... never ever made, but still rolled. The same magic item can be used for either melee or caster, just needs a tweek each time its "given" to someone. Is there some templatization or anything I can use to programatically assign the melee or caster "version" of the wand or?

Is there a better solution Im missing? Seems clunky... thanks let me know wyc!

Set up for caster use:

Set up for melee use:

So, I'm slightly confused what you are making. A wand of magic missiles or lighting?

Here is what I do for magic missiles.

https://i.imgur.com/AnhfOi9.png

That would let you "cast" as a wizard and not need the to-hit and the other cast would let you make a ranged attack. The damage would be the same regardless (1d4+1 per missile, apply for however many used).

jfos
February 8th, 2018, 15:02
Yep, I KNEW there was a less klugey way than what I had devised! THIS is what I was lookin for, ty!

Ill most likely ask some more n00b questions, ty for your time :D !

celestian
February 8th, 2018, 15:34
Yep, I KNEW there was a less klugey way than what I had devised! THIS is what I was lookin for, ty!

Ill most likely ask some more n00b questions, ty for your time :D !

Happy to help, ask anytime ;)

celestian
December 12th, 2018, 04:47
Update 1.3:

Added support for matrix style hit tables.

(See advancement section in the class and set. Creatures use the Monster matrix based on hitdice).

Note, 3.3.7+ is required for this update.

celestian
December 23rd, 2018, 20:28
I must have uploaded the older extension with 1.3. I've removed it and added the current version and updated the revision to 1.4 to make sure there is no confusion.

1.4 shouldn't have any issues loading.

celestian
February 16th, 2019, 05:12
Update 1.6: Added in entries for the new item dropbow box for types.

(This is required for 2019.02.13+).

celestian
April 5th, 2019, 04:50
Update 1.8: Added new arrays used for arcane/divine types (class tests)

This update is mostly for updates taking place in AD&D Core. You will need this update if you run 2019.04.04+ of AD&D Core.

hawkwind
April 21st, 2019, 08:24
With you be supporting this extension to ensure it works with future versions of the 2e set, I fully understand if if you cannot for any reason

celestian
April 21st, 2019, 08:56
With you be supporting this extension to ensure it works with future versions of the 2e set, I fully understand if if you cannot for any reason

I plan to do my best but it wont be like the 2E ruleset which is an official product. I don't foresee a problem keeping it working and maintained for the updates. Now, adding a lot of features? Probably won't be in the near term.

hawkwind
April 21st, 2019, 09:15
good hear that

Bidmaron
April 21st, 2019, 15:46
Celestian you did official ruleset too no?

celestian
April 21st, 2019, 19:59
Celestian you did official ruleset too no?

Correct.

celestian
April 22nd, 2019, 20:25
Very minor update.

Update 1.9: Added Container item type

This version is in preparation for the AD&D 2E ruleset update tomorrow (2019.04.23).

mrgrey
April 25th, 2019, 21:13
Any possibility of adding attack modifiers based on AC to weapons? I mean, I know it's doable manually (just like with pen and paper), but it's one aspect of 1e that could definitely benefit from better automation (not to mention being one of only two things I prefer in 1e over 2e).

celestian
April 25th, 2019, 23:34
Any possibility of adding attack modifiers based on AC to weapons? I mean, I know it's doable manually (just like with pen and paper), but it's one aspect of 1e that could definitely benefit from better automation (not to mention being one of only two things I prefer in 1e over 2e).

Weapon versus armor was a thing in 1e and 2e actually, just most people did not use it so I can see why you'd think 2E did not have it.

You can do this but it will require some work on the DM's part.

In "Effect Features" for a weapon item (set to action only):

IFT: ARMOR(plate,platemail);ATK: 2

And then the target needs to have plate or platemail in their inventory equipped.

That said. I would not go nuts with it. FG does not like making nodes. So if you have 20 npcs all with equipment lists a mile long it will take a while to add them to the CT.

Because of that I did not go through and add all those effects to weapons.

celestian
April 28th, 2019, 22:07
Update 1.10: Added various other item types

This is in preparation for the 2019.04.30 2E ruleset release which also adds these types.

celestian
June 20th, 2019, 15:05
Update 1.12: Added Equipment Pack item type to maintain parity with ruleset.

kccal
August 18th, 2019, 05:41
Weapon versus armor was a thing in 1e and 2e actually, just most people did not use it so I can see why you'd think 2E did not have it.

You can do this but it will require some work on the DM's part.

In "Effect Features" for a weapon item (set to action only):

IFT: ARMOR(plate,platemail);ATK: 2

And then the target needs to have plate or platemail in their inventory equipped.

That said. I would not go nuts with it. FG does not like making nodes. So if you have 20 npcs all with equipment lists a mile long it will take a while to add them to the CT.

Because of that I did not go through and add all those effects to weapons.

I actually like and use the weapon to hit vs. armor type adjustments for combat as it makes players more carefully consider their primary and secondary weapon of choice and it doesn't really slow down our game any with excessive "crunch" because I use the combat wheels. But I have noticed that people often use it incorrectly to adjust to hit an armor class instead of against an armor type. Pg 28 of the DMG says "there is no bonus against monsters that are not wearing armor".

I happen to have both combat wheels from back in the day, the one out of Dragon Magazine #74, as well as the limited edition one that was printed in the UK. For anyone who is interested here is a link to the one out of Dragon Magazine #74 if you want to print and cut out: https://mageofthestripedtower.blogspot.com/2012/02/ad-1ed-combat-computer.html Unfortunately I don't have the requisite coding skills to incorporate into the FG classic D&D modules, but hopefully someday somebody does!

BTW, thanks for all the hard work you've put in on the 2nd and now 1st ed classic D&D release for FG Celstian! I'm a 1st edition guy all the way... now if only we could somehow add the assassin and monk character classes to the 1st ed extension!

P.S. This is what the other combat wheel looks like: 28505

celestian
March 26th, 2020, 23:41
Update 1.2: Updated organization to make it less work to update and keep aligned with the 2E ruleset.

No changes specific to features but mostly to make future updates easier and perhaps not necessary if 1E doesn't need an override (where 1e and 2e align).

celestian
January 5th, 2021, 15:39
Update 1.3: Fixed Wisdom 17 spell bonuses

Baron28
April 8th, 2021, 15:07
Update 1.3:

(See advancement section in the class and set. Creatures use the Monster matrix based on hitdice).

So I ran my 1e game last night and couldn't hit a single PC. Now I know why. The attack matrix for the Kobold is default to 20 for all ACs. Are there any other monsters that have this issue?

I'm using FGU lastest version.

celestian
April 9th, 2021, 16:24
Update 1.3:

So I ran my 1e game last night and couldn't hit a single PC. Now I know why. The attack matrix for the Kobold is default to 20 for all ACs. Are there any other monsters that have this issue?

I'm using FGU lastest version.

The attack matrix is generated based on a table. If there isn't a valid entry found for the hd it sets it to all 20s. You can configure the matrix in the combat section for the npc. Make a local copy and set it there and you should be fine.

doseyclwn
April 16th, 2021, 02:27
Really dumb question: Is this extension meant to be used with the 2e ruleset or is that another one?

celestian
April 16th, 2021, 06:02
Really dumb question: Is this extension meant to be used with the 2e ruleset or is that another one?

Correct, it's mean to be used with the AD&D 2E ruleset.

TarlGregorio
July 11th, 2021, 23:48
I ran into this same issue actually for a PC - where the entire attack matrix was set to all 20...we unloaded anything not core...removed the latest EXT from folder and then restarted...then added extension back in - seems to have corrected it - however, when attacking all of the enemies are getting a +3 to hit "mystery" that we cannot determine the source - but it's only with the EXT added...any thoughts?

celestian
July 12th, 2021, 08:07
I ran into this same issue actually for a PC - where the entire attack matrix was set to all 20...we unloaded anything not core...removed the latest EXT from folder and then restarted...then added extension back in - seems to have corrected it - however, when attacking all of the enemies are getting a +3 to hit "mystery" that we cannot determine the source - but it's only with the EXT added...any thoughts?

PC hit matrix is set based on their class. You will have to setup that on your own by copying the class from the 2E products and then adding the matrix for each level.

If the character did not use that new class with configured matrix it will default to 20s. They can edit them in the combat section on the sheet and set them.

Not sure about your +3 issue off hand.

sjbehindthescreen
February 18th, 2022, 15:55
This 1e extension is awesome. I just tried it and it takes me back.

But the window instance behavior I'm seeing is weird, maybe I did something to it? When I open a window of a type, say a Story or NPC, and then click on a new item, it overwrites the first window. Example: I can't seem to open 2 NPC records at once. Am I doing something wrong? It works in all other rulesets?

edit: i should have added I'm using the OSRIC kit from FORGE. which is also amazing.

celestian
February 18th, 2022, 17:36
This 1e extension is awesome. I just tried it and it takes me back.

But the window instance behavior I'm seeing is weird, maybe I did something to it? When I open a window of a type, say a Story or NPC, and then click on a new item, it overwrites the first window. Example: I can't seem to open 2 NPC records at once. Am I doing something wrong? It works in all other rulesets?

edit: i should have added I'm using the OSRIC kit from FORGE. which is also amazing.

The AD&D 2e ruleset opens windows individually. If you want more than 1 window of the same type hold control when opening it. Character sheets, images and a few other window types are an exception to the single window rule.

sjbehindthescreen
February 18th, 2022, 17:41
And...it's right there on the wiki page for 2e as well. :) Duh.

Thanks!

sjbehindthescreen
February 23rd, 2022, 19:22
Technically, the Combat Tracker should count initiative down, right? Rather than up (which I think is the way 2e does it)? Such that in 1e the highest initiative result would be at the top, and lowest at the bottom? I'm not sure it matters, but I just noticed it.

Edit: NVM, initiative does count UP in 1e, it's just that the roll was kinda weird since the PC's initiative roll was actually used by the enemies. In FGU, we remove that distinction.

rathen45
February 28th, 2022, 10:10
Hey, I'm trying this out and I ran into a snag. I can't seem to change any of the attributes. They seem to be stuck on 9 unless I add a race to the sheet. I can't seem to use the click and type or drag and drop methods of changing the numbers. The only extension I have loaded is the 2e->1e extension from the forge. No modules. Is there a different trick to it?
Edit: NVM seems like something else is wrong, I reloaded 2e without the extension and am getting the same result.
Edit: NVM Looks like you have to click on the gear above the attributes to change them.

Miloh
September 1st, 2022, 14:44
Hi Celestian. First off, thanks for this extension! Im really excited about starting a 1st ed game on FG. I think there is a typo in the Magic User save tables. We have made several and the Poison and Death saves are showing 20 and 4. I think they should each be 14.

celestian
September 1st, 2022, 16:34
Hi Celestian. First off, thanks for this extension! Im really excited about starting a 1st ed game on FG. I think there is a typo in the Magic User save tables. We have made several and the Poison and Death saves are showing 20 and 4. I think they should each be 14.

Saves come from the class. That's not part of the 1e extension. It would depend on where you got the magic-user class you are using. Which one are you using it from? If you made it then you'll need to correct the saves for the level in question.

Miloh
September 1st, 2022, 22:02
Thank you Celestian. I found the error. Whoever did the OSRIC tables accidentally typed 141 in poison and 4 in Death. I just typed the new numbers in that table and it fixed it for new Magic Users. Ones we had created already I had to fix them separately. All good now �� .

Chris S
May 7th, 2023, 17:34
Hi, I'm trying to use this as a template for what to do to make an extension that will modify the attribute bonuses and penalties so they'll match the ones in B/X (+1 at 13, +2 at 16, +3 at 18). The trouble I'm running into is I can't find where this extension is saved in the files. I don't see it in my extensions folder and system wide searches don't turn up anything, but it shows up in the extensions list where I go to load my campaign as "2E - 1E Properties". What am I missing here?

celestian
May 10th, 2023, 18:34
Hi, I'm trying to use this as a template for what to do to make an extension that will modify the attribute bonuses and penalties so they'll match the ones in B/X (+1 at 13, +2 at 16, +3 at 18). The trouble I'm running into is I can't find where this extension is saved in the files. I don't see it in my extensions folder and system wide searches don't turn up anything, but it shows up in the extensions list where I go to load my campaign as "2E - 1E Properties". What am I missing here?

Thats because it's a forge extension. You can find the repo here.

https://github.com/CelestianGC/AD-D-Core-1e

spencerg
September 22nd, 2023, 03:02

Thats because 'some', not all, extensions and modules are 'vaulted' - meaning that the author or smiteworks has chosen to encrypt and obfuscate the actual file from you. Some extensions you'll find in the extensions folder, but if its encrypted 'vaulted', its apart of the compiled data in the vault folder. You will not be able to see or open it if its in there.

jfos
September 22nd, 2023, 14:44
Thats because 'some', not all, extensions and modules are 'vaulted' - meaning that the author or smiteworks has chosen to encrypt and obfuscate the actual file from you. Some extensions you'll find in the extensions folder, but if its encrypted 'vaulted', its apart of the compiled data in the vault folder. You will not be able to see or open it if its in there.

IIRC Celetians stuff is open (see the github link) and the vaulted stuff is there RE IP protection agreements... IE no one is going to give you content you can export for free if they can help it AND are on a pay model that depends on you purchasing the IP... just sayin

celestian
September 22nd, 2023, 15:38
IIRC Celetians stuff is open (see the github link) and the vaulted stuff is there RE IP protection agreements... IE no one is going to give you content you can export for free if they can help it AND are on a pay model that depends on you purchasing the IP... just sayin

For the extensions I created it was mostly because that was default mode when I was first was asked to help beta test the forge. Since the bulk of my work is also on a public repo and it would cause headaches for people not really knowing whats going on I left it there.

For my part its not anything to do with IP.

spencerg
September 22nd, 2023, 17:05

Are you trying to explain this to me or is this in response to the original question?

spencerg
September 22nd, 2023, 17:17
I chose to vault mine, but if someone really wants to dig it’s a public repo. It really just depends. With something as big as the ruleset it makes since why you didn’t vault. That opened a lot of doors for interfacing.