PDA

View Full Version : Issues with adding spells.

jgovernale
April 24th, 2017, 22:38
Hello All,
Note - I’ve played as GM for years with Fantasy Grounds. This time I was a player.
New GM (one of my players) Running ‘The Reaping Stone’ module from Fantasy Grounds. Holder of an Ultimate Subscription license
All users of Fantasy Grounds use the latest version updated.

ME – Created my PC in Fantasy Grounds manually on my machine. I have a Fantasy Grounds Ultimate license. Imported character from my local machine after ‘joining’ the GM’s game.

Player 1 –Off-line created PC in PCGen 6.06. DM Imported to Fantasy Grounds via CharacterConverter. User has a Fantasy Grounds Standard license.

Player 2 – Off-line created PC in Herolab. DM imported to Fantasy Grounds via CharacterConverter. User has a Fantasy Grounds Standard license.

During play - One issue is with adding spells. No drag and drop function by either GM or the players. PC opens their action tab, sets Mode to standard, added the caster class and level, ect… Let’s say Level 0 and Level 1 spells are available. From the Library using any mod with spells. Example PFRPG Spells or PFSRD Complete Paizo Spells, Ect… Library modules were set to player access.
During the game, The GM asked me to try this with my PC since he was having issues with the other players.
With my PC, I could delete spells (since I did the work prior to play as a good player should … You know who you are.) but not add them by drag and drop. Opening the Library, locating the spell, and drag and drop on to the correct level of spell in the action tab.

Now when I log off the game I can open my PC in either Manage Characters mode or open them in another Pathfinder campaign the functions of drag and drop work as expected.
What is going on? Why does drag and drop not work for the GM or the players?

So we sucked it up and played anyway. By the end of play the PCs raised a level. So everyone wanted to add spells and other leveling gifts. I told everyone to type /save., in the chat window before logging off the game. Should this have not saved the current iteration of the character?

Well the GM needed to go and I tried to make the level changes off-line. None of the Champaign data was there. Parcels, coins, items ect… What the heck is going on?

Trenloe
April 24th, 2017, 22:43
I'd guess the GM is either running an incompatible extension or an older version of the rulesets used (CoreRPG, 3.5E and PFRPG). Get the GM to check all of the extensions they are using, and the chat window when loading the campaign to see that all three rulesets report v3.3.0.

jgovernale
April 24th, 2017, 23:56
I'll have him check this evening. Thank you Sir.

jgovernale
April 25th, 2017, 13:26
Yup. Old extensions. Thank you.