PDA

View Full Version : Underdark creatures

Niles
April 23rd, 2017, 19:46
I'm trying to run an underdark campaign. Is there a 3.5 or pathfinder bestiary module with mindflayers and beholders?

jasonthelamb
April 23rd, 2017, 19:56
I believe that Mindflayers and Beholders (and some other creatures) are licensed by WotC, probably the easiest way to input them would be to open an old 3.5 book and pull the stats from there - but I believe Smitework's agreement was only for 5E (which is why the Beholder and Illithid are in 5E MM)

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2017, 20:07
Those two are not included in the SRD (for 3.5E or 5E) so you won't see them in the FG 3.5E bestiary, nor will you see them (with that name) in Pathfinder.

Do a Internet search for alternatives. For example: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/evil-eye/

Niles
April 23rd, 2017, 21:16
Thats cool, Trenloe. Is the evil eye in the pathfinder module? And is there an alternative to the mindflayer that would be in the module as well?

Trenloe
April 23rd, 2017, 23:12
Thats cool, Trenloe. Is the evil eye in the pathfinder module?
Look at the source of the monster at the bottom of that page - it isn't the Pathfinder OGL, it's a third party publication, so this won't be in the OGL bestiary that comes with FG.

And is there an alternative to the mindflayer that would be in the module as well?
Nope. That's why I said "Do a Internet search for alternatives." :) Google something like "Pathfinder mindflayer" and look through the results.

You'll probably have to build these yourself though. You may find the Creature Parser useful: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20522-Pathfinder-Creature-Parser-V2-Beta-Version or just create them directly in FG.

Niles
April 24th, 2017, 01:23
Thank you, Trenloe!

Niles
April 24th, 2017, 18:47
I believe that Mindflayers and Beholders (and some other creatures) are licensed by WotC, probably the easiest way to input them would be to open an old 3.5 book and pull the stats from there - but I believe Smitework's agreement was only for 5E (which is why the Beholder and Illithid are in 5E MM)

Hi Jason, how ya doing?

jasonthelamb
April 24th, 2017, 22:41
Hi Jason, how ya doing?

I'm good, Mike! Catch me on Skype some time when you're around!