PDA

View Full Version : New half dragon

Julio
December 30th, 2005, 20:44
Hello. I'm new to the boards and trying to find campaigns to try on my own with my practice characters. I feel it's hard for me to get use to groups so I want to try and see how my characters fair in others campaigns

Julio
December 30th, 2005, 21:46
...ookaaay this is a bad start...

TruthRevisited
December 30th, 2005, 22:17
mate you are going about this all wrong. It takes time. See, most people have players already. When they are looking for players they are looking for someone that will committ to the group.

Now, if you are interested in a Demo, I am free tonight and would be willing to run a small demo for ya, but nothing long term at the moment. Let me know.

TR

Julio
December 30th, 2005, 22:28
Don't mind really. Short or long as long as it's enjoyable I'll go with it.

TruthRevisited
December 30th, 2005, 22:33
Do you have any IM programs mate?
I use ICQ, AIM, and YIM. It might be a bit easier to talk that way to hammer a few things out.

TR

Julio
December 30th, 2005, 22:35
hmm. aim is macho73087
msn is [email protected]
and yahoo is tailsfan2002

Alkaven
December 31st, 2005, 00:49
Most DMs, to my knowledge and from my own experience (I do not speak for every DM here), expect to find players that are dedicated for an indefinate duration, but can be as loose as they want. There are lots of DMs I'm sure you can find that will accept you, and you don't have to worry so much if you miss a few sessions, meaning there's no strong obligation to any game. Some House Rules I've seen tend to incur penalties for absenses (for instance, they'll run the session without you or deduct experience).

I suppose what most people mean by 'dedication' is as more of a loosely defined term indicating they want someone who will last as long as possible for their seemingly endless campaigns. If you join, then decide to quit a week later, that'll piss a DM off quite a bit, probably enough to damage your reputation. But if you join, then four months down the road you get bored of it, you can probably slip out and it'll be more understandable.

If your looking for something relatively short term, I run adventures that span about 2-3 months each, giving you the freedom to leave and join without any interruptions to long-term plans (With the exception of my currently running one due to the holidays). Unfortunately, I am really strict about attendance. Repetative absenses result in immediate removal from the adventure.

slowsnake
January 1st, 2006, 10:28
Hello TruthRevisied and ALkaven. I'm new to FG but been playing D&D since the early 80's. I now play RPGA in home town game store. Looking for a voice game but will typ. I'm in AZ, USA. Night time game is best time for me. Thanks for your time. [email protected] yahoo mess-greybat55 AIM-Greybat55 MSM mess-slowsnake