PDA

View Full Version : Membership issue

TheClaireProject
April 22nd, 2017, 20:28
So...I just switched jobs, and I was sitting with an empty bank account for a bit. In that bit, FG took my membership (3.99) from my bank account, putting me in the negative (i.e. I know they took the money out).

I thought, "Oh, alright. I'll just cancel the auto payments on PayPal just to make sure this doesn't happen again." Cancelled it, everything's good.

Except...

The program is telling me to load "demo" campaign instead of a campaign. So I'm a little confused. Does FG take out its money AFTER the month is up, or before? And if it IS before, why did cancelling the auto renew somehow forfeit my current month that they took out of my bank account?

Just trying to make sure I'm not missing anything...any help is appreciated in this confusion.

Zacchaeus
April 22nd, 2017, 20:34
I believe that as soon as you cancel the payment on PayPal your subscription ends immediately. If you have any difficulties about subscriptions please contact [email protected]

TheClaireProject
April 22nd, 2017, 20:42
[UPDATE]:Crisis averted. I found everything. Still a little miffed about how subscriptions are handled but I guess I'll have to deal.

So I have a new issue on top of that little irritation (it makes no sense, you pay for a month of a service, you should have access to that month until the subscription ends unless they're going to refund you).

I also bought a PHB and a campaign, $70 that is missing. Does ending a subscription take away the books?

LordEntrails
April 22nd, 2017, 21:35
The issue with the license being deactivated when the subscription is cancelled is due to a technical issue on the Pay Pal side and not the FG side. Atleast from what Doug has mentioned on the forums before.

And the WotC books require an active license in order to access them. I believe that's a requirement of WotC. So yes, you can not access purchased content from a demo license, that why the products all have this statement:

Requirements: This content requires an active license to download and use.

It's a bummer I know. But don't know what else to say :(

Myrdin Potter
April 22nd, 2017, 21:37
The books are still there, they were not "taken away", you just need an active license to use them.

vodokar
April 22nd, 2017, 21:42
The good news is that once you are on your feet again, your books will still be waiting for you; they didn't go anywhere; actually still on your computer, just that they can't currently be accessed.

You might consider just making the one-time purchase of $40 for the standard license and then you'll never have to deal with subscription issues again or your content going away. Subscriptions are a nice cheap way to try out the software, but it's best if you have purchased the standard license vice renting it every month. It doesn't take long for you to come out ahead.

Moon Wizard
April 22nd, 2017, 22:13
TheClaireProject has contacted support, so Doug will get them squared away.

As mentioned, due to the way the Paypal interface works, that's the only time we get the cancellation notice which triggers license cancellation. If you are ever concerned about being billed by missing the "renewal" date, we have been very liberal with refunding payments that just happened. In fact, that's what we typically do in this situation; refund the initial payment and have the user re-subscribe.

Also, most purchases require an active license to use, and is noted in the DLC store descriptions.

Regards,
JPG

TheClaireProject
April 22nd, 2017, 23:15
The issue with the license being deactivated when the subscription is cancelled is due to a technical issue on the Pay Pal side and not the FG side. Atleast from what Doug has mentioned on the forums before.

And the WotC books require an active license in order to access them. I believe that's a requirement of WotC. So yes, you can not access purchased content from a demo license, that why the products all have this statement:

It's a bummer I know. But don't know what else to say :(

No no, that's fine. Just, the layout changed I think, because all I could find after I renewed the license was a "sample campaign" and not my bought stuff. I found it though we're good