PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Map Sharing

Grumpy_Grognard
April 22nd, 2017, 17:37
I'm trying to get some friends to try Fantasy Grounds. I have an ultimate license, and have set up a game which I'm leaving online 24/7 so they can create characters and learn how to use the software. However, even though I have a map shared on the hosting computer, the map doesn't show for players unless I manually share it after they log in.

Is there any way to set up a default map that is visible to any player who logs in?

LordEntrails
April 22nd, 2017, 17:41
You would have to put the map in a module and then set the module for sharing. Then the players would have to open the map (it won't automatically open when they log in). You could just use the FG Battlemaps module that comes with FG as an example.

Grumpy_Grognard
April 22nd, 2017, 17:42
Thanks. I'll try that.

Zacchaeus
April 22nd, 2017, 17:43
If you right click on the image/map and select sharing/preload image then when the players join the shared image(s) can be found under the maps and images button.

Andraax
April 22nd, 2017, 18:20
Or, you can use the Message of the Day extension, and create a story entry called MOTD that has a link to the map, along with an explanation for them to click on the link to see the map.

But yeah, players should learn that stuff that has been shared to them is available via the buttons on the right side (maps / images, stories, NPCs, etc...)

swbuza
April 22nd, 2017, 18:56
MOTD Extension is it the best way to do this imho.

Andraax
April 22nd, 2017, 19:04
Oh yeah, if this is practice combat, you want to add the PC to the CT, then drag the token from the CT to the map. After doing that, train the players to open their character sheets and double click on the token at the top of the sheet. The map will open automatically. They should learn to do this for game sessions anyway.