PDA

View Full Version : Dyson Maps (Link to Free Maps)

Gwydion
April 21st, 2017, 13:59
Hey, all. I'm always on the lookout for maps I can use and a couple months back I stumbled across Dyson's Dodecahedron. I'm posting the link here as most of his maps are free to use and many are actually free to use commercially. I jumped on rpgnow and purchased his 2016 compilation for $8.50 just to support his efforts. However, I believe everything I purchased is available for free on his website that I'm linking below. I really like his style. I think I will put this into my own FG mods (for my personal use) over time. I think I will also contact him and see if he is ok with me packaging the maps that are free for commercial use and distributing them in a mod on Fantasy Grounds.

For now, I hope someone enjoys these. At a minimum, I think these will provide some cool inspiration for map ideas!

Happy Friday all.

https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/maps/

Erin Righ
April 21st, 2017, 19:34
Awesome, Thanks mate

JohnD
April 21st, 2017, 20:29
He makes excellent maps. The only problem for vtt use is that all of them have multiple places where hallways pass under rooms and vice versa which imo is problematic for the medium when you find yourself with unexplained dotted lines all over the place. Might not be an issue depending on your personal point of view.

Jay_NOLA
April 21st, 2017, 21:28
He did the maps for the Scarlet Heroes RPG and several other games.

If you grab the Scarlet Hero Art pack which is free on RPGNow it will have a couple of his other maps in it. All the art, etc in it is royalty free.

Some of his maps are available for royalty free use and some are not. On his blog he has "Release the Kraken" posts in which due to his Patreon supporters he makes some maps available for royalty free use.