PDA

View Full Version : Extension to clearly indicate active PC when controlling multiple PCs?

Rades
April 21st, 2017, 10:03
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew of an extension that would make it more obvious which of your PCs is the active PC when you are controlling more than one. By default, the board bolds the name of the active character, but I find that hard to see at a quick glance. I was hoping there might be a way to maybe make the active PC name a different color, or even perhaps color the background name box to be a different color instead of white. Or something like 5E's "has inspiration" star would be perfect as well! Any suggestions?

Zacchaeus
April 21st, 2017, 10:52
I'm not aware of anything like that.

If the DM has the option turned on then when the character's turn comes around the map should centre on that character (this might not be all that obvious on a big map or if you are zoomed out). You can then double click on the character in the centre of the map and it will open the sheet for that character. As you say the character whose turn it is is pretty obvious from the CT so the alternative is to just open the sheet for that character and then close it when the turn is done.

Nickademus
April 21st, 2017, 11:07
Could make an extension that changes the frame of the PC name when it is activate (and changes it back when inactive). That should be more noticeable.

Andraax
April 21st, 2017, 14:06
I always just use the dice color.

Rades
April 21st, 2017, 16:39
I'm not aware of anything like that.

If the DM has the option turned on then when the character's turn comes around the map should centre on that character (this might not be all that obvious on a big map or if you are zoomed out). You can then double click on the character in the centre of the map and it will open the sheet for that character. As you say the character whose turn it is is pretty obvious from the CT so the alternative is to just open the sheet for that character and then close it when the turn is done.

I always just use the dice color.

I was mostly thinking for RP, out-of-combat utility. In combat it's fine because of the combat tracker, yeah, but when we're just RPing I find it slightly difficult to spot which PC was the currently active one. Andraax's idea of going by dice color is a great one though!