PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect

Sakzilla
April 21st, 2017, 02:58
I need help setting up a game and I have to preface this by saying that I am computer dumb.

I have the Ultimate FG installed via Steam on my home computer (Win10). I have the free demo version on a laptop (Win10) that I am trying to test the connection with.

Connection test gives me an instant failure. I do not know how to configure ports to accept 1802. So I went and got Hamachi per the suggestions here.

My internet is like this: I have Comcast cable modem running into an apple Airport Time Capsule and extended with Airport Extremes.

I can join the Hamachi network with the laptop. I cannot ping either way (request timed out) without disabling the Windows Firewall, which I hope to avoid.

Using the Hamachi network value from the desktop I am trying to connect on the laptops demo version as a Join function - no luck.

I do not know where to start at this point. Any help?

damned
April 21st, 2017, 03:16
Hi Sakzilla - feel free to send me your email via PM and I will go thru it with you.

When connecting a Client session to the GM session -

On the same computer you use address localhost.
On another computer on the same LAN you use the GMs Internal IP Address. <-- this is you at the moment
When remote you use the Public IP Address or Alias.
When using Hamachi you connect to the GMs Hamachi IP Address.

FG will normally make the right exceptions to the Windows Firewall - but not always.
You can also try adding a new Firewall Port rule to Incoming TCP 1802 connections from all networks.

Sakzilla
April 21st, 2017, 03:37
Thank you damned - I rebooted both machines so I could try to figure this out with your help. I was able to connect on same LAN and was ALSO able to connect with Hamachi using my cell phone as a hotspot for the laptop. Thank you for giving me hope and clarification and I think I am there now!!!

I will try adding a new Firewall Port rule to Incoming TCP 1802 connections from all networks after I see a game work this weekend.