PDA

View Full Version : Connection Test Fails even after disabling Firewall.

Thundryn
April 20th, 2017, 11:22
I was planning on running some friends through some the Mines of Phandelver next week, so I checked for the first time if they could connect to me and I got the dreaded failure on the connections test. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to open up port 1802 on my router, and from what I can see, I've done everything correctly, but when I do a test to see if the port is open, I still get the error. I've also made a new rule on my windows firewall and that didn't help either. I have also completely disabled the firewall and still no dice.

Help me Fantasy Grounds support staff! You're my only hope!

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2017, 11:34
There's some information and help in the FAQ here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=networking#faq_networking_1).

I'm not an expert on such matters but getting a connection on some networks can be problematic; make sure that port 1802 is being forwarded to your computer's internal IP address. Also make sure that you reboot when you make changes since sometimes that's all it takes.

Thundryn
April 20th, 2017, 11:56
Yep, tried all the usual suspects. Restarted my computer more times in the last 3 hours than I have in the last 2 weeks also. Still no connection when I run the test. If I don't figure this out soon I'm going to be one sad panda.

damned
April 20th, 2017, 12:45
Send me your email address via PM and Ill give you a hand.

Thundryn
April 20th, 2017, 13:20
Thank you sir. You're the best....around. Hopefully my dodgy network connection doesn't keep you down!

Thundryn
April 20th, 2017, 14:21
Damned is simply the best...better than all the rest!

ddavison
April 20th, 2017, 14:26
Did you get all up and running okay?

Thundryn
April 20th, 2017, 14:59
Yep, after spending about 4 hours flailing away at my computer, Damned fixed me up in about 15-20 minutes.

Gwydion
April 20th, 2017, 15:45
Yep, after spending about 4 hours flailing away at my computer, Damned fixed me up in about 15-20 minutes.

Don't feel bad. When I first purchased Fantasy Grounds and tried to set up port-forwarding, I took down my entire internet for the weekend (family was not happy with me).... :)