PDA

View Full Version : MAC OSX GM Host auto crashing as soon as a clliet joins issue

patoarch12
April 20th, 2017, 02:57
Hello,

I have the stand alone Fantasy Grounds application (outside of Steam) and everything appears to work properly until I have clients join my campaign. As soon as that happens Fantasy Grounds crashes for me. I have an Ultimate license so all users should be able to join my games. Here is the the screenshot of the error that pops up:

I also downloaded the error log (See the attached "backtrace.txt" file.

Here are my Mac Computer stats:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM:16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics:Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

damned
April 20th, 2017, 03:02
Hi patoarch12 - which install instructions/method did you use?
I wonder if the latest build is conflicting with your Wineskin option.
Have a look at this thread - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37787-Mac-OSX-Testers-needed - perhaps you might do a quick install of this as a test?

patoarch12
April 20th, 2017, 03:28
Hi Dammed, those were the installation instructions I originally used. Unfortunately the application works fine until someone joins my campaign.

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2017, 03:34
Do you have any extensions installed? What material is shared? Have you tried it with a new campaign? Using a different Ruleset? Have you added any custom tokens?

Much of that shouldn't matter, but always best to try to isolate possible causes.

damned
April 20th, 2017, 03:37
you might also post this in that thread then so that ddavison sees it.
can you confirm as LordEntrails suggests - with a new campaign and no extensions - just to narrow it down.

ddavison
April 20th, 2017, 14:25
We are trying to reproduce it.

I connected to Zeus' campaign from a Windows machine and we didn't have a crash situation. I'll post in the other thread to see if anyone else is getting a similar crash so we can try to isolate what might be the problem.

patoarch12
April 20th, 2017, 15:51
We are trying to reproduce it.

I connected to Zeus' campaign from a Windows machine and we didn't have a crash situation. I'll post in the other thread to see if anyone else is getting a similar crash so we can try to isolate what might be the problem.

Awesome! I am glad to hear it doesn't appear to happen to all mac hosts. Thanks ddavison. In the mean time I went ahead and boot camped my Mac to Windows so that my group is able to connect and it works perfectly in Windows.

I hope you guys find what the issue is.

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2017, 16:36
If it helps, I have time today to either join or host from a Windows or Mac client. Just let me know.

patoarch12
April 21st, 2017, 18:56
If it helps, I have time today to either join or host from a Windows or Mac client. Just let me know.

Thanks LordEntrails, I'm sorry I missed that post yesterday. I ended up just dedicating my windows partition to Fantasy Grounds because we had a Fantasy Grounds game trial meeting scheduled last night and just went with what currently works. :)