PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for FGU?

bigbluepaw
April 19th, 2017, 21:09
Hey folks. I found the Idea Informer where you can suggest and vote on features for FGU. However, I wanted to ask about something broader.

What will the architecture be?

By that, I was hoping that there would be a cloud-hosted (not locally hosted) version of FG. I travel occasionally and don't always have control over pinholes in a firewall. Therefore, I have to cancel some of my games.

Let me know the right place. I would also be interested in a discussion on this.

Zacchaeus
April 19th, 2017, 21:40
All you need to know is in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22089-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-engine) :)

LordEntrails
April 19th, 2017, 22:04
Hey Big, I've got the same issue when I travel. In those cases I use Hamachi. Though my players aren't tech guru's, it was easy enough for them to setup and when we need to it's there.

You can also consider the write-up Trenloe or Damned wrote about how to get your own VPN server setup for somewhere around US$10-15 per year. I've had so little trouble with Hamachi I haven't done it yet. But have just been waiting until I need it.

damned
April 19th, 2017, 23:03
Hi BigBluePaw everything we have heard to date suggests that it wont be a cloud based solution but there will likely be much better support for getting through different firewalls including a brokered connection option...

bigbluepaw
April 21st, 2017, 17:32
Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate it. Will check things out.