PDA

View Full Version : Certian Users can't Connect

Rilmarion
April 19th, 2017, 03:26
Okay, so our session was running all good. Then one player (player A) lost connection and couldn't reconnect. So I had everyone disconnect while I restarted FG. Then two people couldn't connect, (Player A & B). So restarted computer, Then everyone could connect but Player B. Then while I was looking at things, Player C & D lost connection.

Tried restarting modem, computer, confirming I had ultimate license, everything I could think of. Running a Connection test came back as a success each time. So not sure where to go.

swbuza
April 19th, 2017, 04:24
Bandwidth or Memory issue? Does this happen with a blank campaign where nothing is shared?

Rilmarion
April 19th, 2017, 04:32
Found the issue, had to have those who couldn't connect had to Nuke their cache, then they were able to connect. What caused it mid session I do not know....

ravenloft713
April 19th, 2017, 05:45
Found the issue, had to have those who couldn't connect had to Nuke their cache, then they were able to connect. What caused it mid session I do not know....

How does one do this? I'm getting two campaigns together shortly with 6 players each. So with 12 folks, someone is bound to have a hiccup.

Thank you in advance.

damned
April 19th, 2017, 05:55
Hi ravenloft713 - there are two ways - on the FG splash screen there is a Folder Icon that will take you to your data path. The player can then go to cache and the campaign name and delete that folder or on the Join Game screen there is a Nuke icon which will clear the cache for all campaigns.

ravenloft713
April 19th, 2017, 06:02
You are a good man... mind flayer... thingy.

:D