PDA

View Full Version : [Monster Manual] Missing Art?

Shimrath
April 18th, 2017, 03:47
I was trying to show my players the image on page 198 of the Monster Manual, a kou-toa with arms raised beneath a statue of Blipdoolpoolp. Not in the MM images as far as i can tell. Is that art missing, or contained in another location?

Thanks in advance,
Shimrath.

Trenloe
April 18th, 2017, 04:11
Open the creature, go to the other tab of the NPC sheet and the link to the image is at the top of the page. Open the image from that link and share with the players.

Shimrath
April 18th, 2017, 04:15
That works fine for the image of a generic kuo-toa, but i'm referring to the art that takes up half of page 198. Are the larger MM images not included in the FG MM? Or are they included someplace else?

LordEntrails
April 18th, 2017, 05:25
Hmm, they should be in the reference manual section and the image list. I'll go look and see what I see :)

LordEntrails
April 18th, 2017, 05:32
I couldn't find it either. Looks like the Ref Manual was not updated to the embedded format (which makes sense because there would be little vallue in doing so). But, the image should be there somewhere... Maybe under another name? Though I couldn't find it...

Hopefully Zacchaeus will jump in shortly and will know what's up.

Zacchaeus
April 18th, 2017, 11:19
No that image isn't in the MM.

Shimrath
April 18th, 2017, 15:44
Thanks to everyone for checking into this. Where can I report the omission?

Zacchaeus
April 18th, 2017, 16:05
You already have. I'm not sure where I can put any additional art where it would make sense; the MM doesn't really lend itself to the reference manual treatment. I'll see what I can do; but don't hold your breath since it might be a while before I can have a look at it.

LordEntrails
April 18th, 2017, 18:50
I would think to at least include them in the image list. Maybe a single entry (either story or Ref Man) with a list of all otherwise unlinked images with their source (i.e. page number or location like back cover etc).

Tielc
June 20th, 2018, 18:06
A note on art included with the Monster Manual. I've noticed several entries do not have actual art for the tokens, and instead are lettered tokens. I own this same purchasable content on Roll20, and every single token has an artpiece. Is this something where the different companies need to commission the work from an outside source?

Trenloe
June 20th, 2018, 18:08
A note on art included with the Monster Manual. I've noticed several entries do not have actual art for the tokens, and instead are lettered tokens. I own this same purchasable content on Roll20, and every single token has an artpiece. Is this something where the different companies need to commission the work from an outside source?
Tokens are created for the artwork in the original product. If there is no appropriate artwork in the original product, then no token is created and the letter token is used instead.

Tielc
June 20th, 2018, 18:13
Tokens are created for the artwork in the original product. If there is no appropriate artwork in the original product, then no token is created and the letter token is used instead.

Yet, purchased content is also locked, so we can't add our own tokens to them. That makes ZERO sense.

Trenloe
June 20th, 2018, 19:38
Yet, purchased content is also locked, so we can't add our own tokens to them. That makes ZERO sense.
See "Best Practices" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Developer_Guide_-_Modules_-_Overview#Best_Practices Hopefully this explains the sense behind the practice of making rulebook data read only.

As mentioned in that section, you can copy creatures (drag/drop within the same campaign data list) and then edit the copied creature. Leaving the original creature record untouched and in it's proper form for future use as the base record, or for copying again to make other changes.

Moon Wizard
June 20th, 2018, 19:41
You can customize tokens for each NPC within an encounter record as well.

Regards,
JPG