PDA

View Full Version : Keep text hidden from sharing

Asmo
April 17th, 2017, 17:00
Hi all. I'm new to FG, but i like it so far.

I'm making chapters in the storyboard so i can drag entries (formatted as chat frame) to the chat. I have some entries that might not be revealed (within the actual session) or are DM info (reminder for myself). If i share the chapter for the PC for later reference, all the entries (all text) seem to be visible.
Is it possible to format text as hidden or DM only? Or am i doing something wrong? I cannot find anything in Youtube tutorials but saw P symbols for Public but also a S symbol (for Secret?)

Also, is it correct that text formats (bold, etc) won't work in the chat frame format?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for bad grammar, i'm Dutch.

Trenloe
April 17th, 2017, 17:08
Welcome to the forums Asmo.

If you share a whole,story entry with the players then they will see the whole story record. Keep GM only stuff in a different story record and don't share that record. Look at the sample campaign that comes with FG - it will break a chapter up into multiple story records.

The (S) symbol means that a record I shared with one or more players, the (P) means it's shared with all players (Public).

You can't do additional text formatting in a chat frame.

Asmo
April 17th, 2017, 17:22
Thanks for the quick response! I had hoped it would be a bit more like RealmWorks, but i will try other ways. At least i now know what the S is for ;-)

Trenloe
April 17th, 2017, 17:42
You can link your story entries to other story entries - and also link NPCs, encounters, maps, etc. into a story entry. So you can have a "Table of Contents" story entry that has a lot of links to individual story sections from the scenario/book. Use chat frames to allow you to share individual descriptions/boxed text with players in the chart window, and have story entries that contain more info that you want to share with the players - you can then use formatted text in the story entry you share.

Play around with it. Don't try to do things like RealmWorks, learn how to use Fantasy Grounds the Fantasy Grounds way. There's lots of information in the User Guide and Video section of the Wiki.