PDA

View Full Version : Connection issue using iPhone as internet hotspot.

fyzzixman
April 16th, 2017, 17:59
I have no internet at home other than my Verizon iphone hotspot. I have an ultimate license and am trying to start a game (my first) with another computer in the same room. It is also connected to another iphone hotspot. I go to Load Game and I see my Internal IP Address listed, I also click on the Generate External address and it does. I then try to Join Game on the other computer using the External Address for the host. And for the player name, I just put a random name. I got a Connection Failed. I also got a Failed on the connection test button.

Then I generated an Alias and had the other computer use that as the Host address...still failed. I went to my Windows Firewall (windows 10) and created a New Rule to allow connection through port 1802 using Fantasy Grounds .exe file in my Program Files (x86) directory. It still isn't working.

I don't have a router, as I am USB connecting to my phone as a hotspot.

Any ideas?

Fyzzixman

Wookiee420
April 16th, 2017, 21:38
Chances are you wont be able to run it like this, you need to open port 1802 on the router, and your iphone would be the router. I really doubt this will work at all.
According to my Google-fu Iphones cannot do port forwarding.
My information could be wrong though. There is a test button on the launcher if that fails you wont be able to connect.

Moon Wizard
April 17th, 2017, 00:27
You will probably have to use some sort of VPN service (such as Hamachi) to make connections over a cell network, since they don't have a router to enable port forwarding.

Regards,
JPG

Wookiee420
April 17th, 2017, 00:45
also, just a total side comment i was thinking of...........when i use my cell hotspot, a phone call, regardless if i answer or not, kicks me off the webs...i have no clue whatsoever that would do to your session if it gets interrupted like that