PDA

View Full Version : Last update problem

LupaShiva
April 16th, 2017, 10:49
Hello everyone, im a proud owner of an Ultimate License, but with the last update, my players got access to the NPC button? and they can see the stats of all NPCs... i uncheked the NPC in library access to players but it doesnt work!!! How do i fix it?

Thank you and sorry for my english
Luis Ramos

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2017, 10:53
For which ruleset is this? Have all your players also updated? Have you shared the Monster Manual/bestiary or whatever with the players?

LupaShiva
April 16th, 2017, 10:58
Its 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons, yes all players had updated, and i didnt shared anything =(

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2017, 11:10
The players always could see the NPC button but the only NPCs that should be in there are ones you have shared with them. Can you make sure that in your list of NPCs that there aren't any showing a small 's' symbol beside them. If they do have such a symbol it means that at some point the NPC has been shared. Click the symbol to unshare it.
Also are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions? You could also try getting the players to nuke their cache before joining your game.

LupaShiva
April 16th, 2017, 11:26
I think i discovered whats going on, i have the Players and it is Shared for the players and it comes with some NPCs, and they are shared too, the problem is how i remove the NPC button for them? i uncheked the NPC in Library but it stays the same.

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2017, 11:49
You can't not share the NPCs in the Player's Handbook. Those NPCs are just simple ones that the player's might have as familiars or summoned creatures from a spell. Since those NPCs are in the player's Handbook anyway (If you were playing at the table top they would see them if the had the book) there's no real concern, and in fact might be quite useful for the reasons that I've said.

LupaShiva
April 16th, 2017, 11:53
OH! ok i though they would have access to all NPCs =) i understood now, thanks a lot =)

Trenloe
April 16th, 2017, 17:36
OH! ok i though they would have access to all NPCs =) i understood now, thanks a lot =)
A good way for the GM to check what the players can see is to start another instance of Fantasy Grounds on the same computer as the GM instance. Then "join game" with a server address of localhost - this allows the GM to have this second instance to see what the players see.

Wookiee420
April 16th, 2017, 21:45
just a total side comment, AFAIK the options to change sidebar buttons on effects your FG, i do not think that you can control what buttons the player sees. i might be wrong, but if i remember correctly as a player you can even click on the GM button and just see the sidebar buttons and whatever the GM has shared (but not what they have not shared)