PDA

View Full Version : PC Combat Control from GM Screen

DrakeDraco
April 16th, 2017, 05:20
I've looked around and I haven't found any information on this so far. What I would like to know is, is there a way to control a PC's combat rolls? For instance, can you input a specific values for attack, damage rolls, cast spells etc. for individual players from the GM's screen? The reason I ask this is, I want to run a hybrid game with remote players and players at the table using a duel screen HDTV. I want to allow the player's in the room to roll their own scores and I would type the values into the combat tracker.

jasonthelamb
April 16th, 2017, 06:04
You could turn on the manual rolls in settings and input their rolls to the game.

vodokar
April 16th, 2017, 06:08
Use the Manual Rolls feature. Those playing remotely can use FG rolls, or choose to roll their own dice and enter the value using manual roll, as they wish. Those in the room with you who aren't actually logged in to FG can tell you their rolls and you can input them via manual roll. In order to do so, you will need to open up the character sheet for that player on the DM machine and make the attack for them. This will open a popup window asking for what the dice roll was. It then will report whether it was a hit or miss, or apply damage, if it was a damage roll.

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2017, 10:47
Hi Drake and welcome to Fantasy Grounds.

As suggested use the manual dice roller. You will find the option by clicking on the small cog icon at the top right of the menu down the right hand side. It's the first option.

Once you have turned it on then any time that you roll a dice (either by double clicking, grab and drop etc) the manual roller will pop up. You can either enter a value for the roll or click the small dice icon to allow FG to complete the roll. You can see an example of how it works at around the 33rd minute mark in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYLoo1uoc&index=21&list=PLB294101DAE6F3D3F).