PDA

View Full Version : StarWars EotE or Saga Looking to start a new group

Takagi
April 15th, 2017, 22:18
Looking to see if there is any interest in doing a campaign in either of these. Looking for a weekend group. Happy to run the group or play in one. If I run I like doing a setting between the final Kotor era and Episode 1, so there is not a whole lot of story to blunder into. I also like a more Cinematic play style so like if Saga is the option I like to pull the force dice idea to inject that fate and destiny feel, as well as talk about a more aggressive force power feel but thats for a later discussion. Anyways hope to start having a convo with you all about this and get it together.

Chris

MoonlitDNC
April 16th, 2017, 02:50
I have tons of stuff for EotE & its other expansions (currently stored away though), have actually GM'd it for my family in the past, and would LOVE to finally be able to play with others on Fantasy Grounds~! I would however like to point out that I am a poor, text-only player, and I would rather be in the party position for once as opposed to the GM seat.

I like RP 60/ Combat 40 adventures, almost have season 3 of Star Wars Rebels completely watched, & have played both KotOR games, so jumping in with a character for either era should be a snap! :D

rbeard101
April 16th, 2017, 17:05
I'd also love to get into a game. Prefer to play the fantasy flight version. Lucked into a EotE game for the recent FG Con and loved it. Really like the dice mechanic! I couldn't do Sundays though since I run a D&D 5e game about twice a month on that day. Would prefer a Friday night game. Might also have 1 or 2 other people interested.

Art Wendorf
April 16th, 2017, 17:57
Would love to take part! Just depends what day, what time and the frequency. Got a lot on my plate at the moment but would love to do some Star Wars.

Artaron
April 20th, 2017, 00:03
I love the FFG Star Wars system, and would happily join depending on day and timezone !

Espatier
April 22nd, 2017, 21:09
I would be interested as well

cdj0902
April 23rd, 2017, 01:25
I'd absolutely play FFG Star Wars. I am currently running an EotE game for my D&D 5E group when we need a break from medieval high fantasy for a few sessions. Would love to be a player.

(My FFG Star Wars street cred? )

We currently play on Wednesdays and Sundays. I'd prefer nights during the work week but can make most nights work (other than Wed and Sun). Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Morionwen
April 23rd, 2017, 16:59
I've never played FFG SW system but i have played the WEG and D20 systems and i've been looking for a game to join for awhile now so if you wouldn't mind showing me the ropes i'd love to join

Dolarhyde
April 24th, 2017, 20:12
I'd be interested in a EotE game if there's room and depending on scheduling. I've played a few times, but not as much as I'd like. I really like this game.

I have all of the materials that have been released to date.

Please keep me in mind.

GrimmStories
April 25th, 2017, 04:52
I would like to play. I own the Edge/Rebellion/Force.

JSpade85
April 26th, 2017, 18:27
I am very interested in taking part of this as well! I am new to tabletop but have a game group who will be starting an in person session of EOTE too.

MoonlitDNC
April 27th, 2017, 07:54
Anyone get a PM from the TC yet? The lack of response from them.....makes me wonder if the rest of us are better off starting something ourselves separately, lol....

cdj0902
April 27th, 2017, 19:42
I'm fine with that. Is anyone who's responded so far interested in GM'ing? Seems we have enough willing players.

MoonlitDNC
April 27th, 2017, 20:49
As I posted previous, I'm a little hesitant to GM given the setup requirements (FG doesn't have pre-made modules for EotE) and would prefer a party seat. :/

GrimmStories
April 27th, 2017, 21:23
I know how the game is setup and rules for all three but not much of a story teller.

rbeard101
April 27th, 2017, 23:45
I might be willing to GM. I would need about a month to pull it all together, I'd probably run a published story and it would have to be on a Friday night (CST) about every other week. I would need to get more familiar with the rules since I've only played a one shot in this system before. If I ran a game, I'd need some help with the rules at first. Who would be up for a game starting in June? I used to run a SW SAGA game for friends face-to-face, but that was several years ago. I have been running a 5E game (and 4E before that) on Sundays for the last several years on FG2.

cdj0902
April 28th, 2017, 00:56
I can help with rules. I run a EotE game on the side. I'd be volunteering to GM if I wasn't already GM'ing 2 other games. I'd like to be a player this time around.

Quantummystic
April 28th, 2017, 02:31
I'm interested in playing. MTZ.

GrimmStories
April 28th, 2017, 02:54
I willing to play in june.

JSpade85
April 29th, 2017, 03:47
I am interested in playing in June!

rbeard101
April 29th, 2017, 16:03
So I have cdj0902, quantummystic, Grimmstories, Jspade85, 1 guy that wants in from my 5e game & my son. I think that's a full party. I'll look at setting a game up. I'll post it to the calendar this weekend so it will set a deadline for me to prep by. I have an Ultimate license. What is everyone thinking about playing?

GrimmStories
April 29th, 2017, 17:12
If we're only playing EOTE Technician.

rbeard101
April 29th, 2017, 21:45
I'm thinking will at least add Force & Destiny. Just picked up the rest of the rules sets today.

JSpade85
April 30th, 2017, 02:51
I'd like to play Bounty Hunter most likely

GrimmStories
April 30th, 2017, 06:06
Sentinel, consular or technician.

cdj0902
April 30th, 2017, 06:14
I'm leaning towards Scout, but I have no hang-ups playing whatever is cohesive with the party as it congeals.

JSpade85
April 30th, 2017, 11:19
Full disclosure - I've never played EOTE (or any tabletop for that matter) but have been reading the core book for EOTE and watching a lot of playthroughs. What classes are available in Force and Destiny?

GrimmStories
April 30th, 2017, 15:29
Consular, Guardian, Mystic, Seeker, Sentinel & Warrior.

MoonlitDNC
May 5th, 2017, 22:12
Glad everyone has a plan then.....

I'm still holding out hope that Fantasy Grounds will one day have official modules for sale from FFG pertaining to Star Wars EotE, such as how they already have official D&D 5E support.

SilverEagle82
May 5th, 2017, 22:48
I am interested

damned
May 6th, 2017, 01:42
Glad everyone has a plan then.....

I'm still holding out hope that Fantasy Grounds will one day have official modules for sale from FFG pertaining to Star Wars EotE, such as how they already have official D&D 5E support.

Its not FFG who will be the problem. The digital and electronic gaming rights dont belong to FFG. They cannot even sell PDFs of the product.

rbeard101
May 9th, 2017, 23:52
Just setup a private group and invited SilverEagle82, Quantummystic, cdj0902, JSpade85, and GrimmStories, & my son. I have one more to add from my 5E group so we tentatively have 7 players + GM. I won't go higher than that for number of Players. We'll be using a private TeamSpeak Server which I'll publish when we get closer to the game date. Please let me know if you can access the Game in the Game Calendar. I've not used it before.

SilverEagle82
May 10th, 2017, 00:38
I forget what day this will be and time?
Nevermind I see what day its at

cdj0902
May 10th, 2017, 06:40
Sorry for my ignorance. I don't see any invites for a private group in my profile. Where should I look, and would I have gotten a notification of the invite (I didn't). Thanks for setting this up. Can't wait to pew-pew.

rbeard101
May 10th, 2017, 18:03
You should have gotten an invite. I just made it public. Search for:

FFG Star Wars

rbeard101
May 10th, 2017, 18:30
Go into the Game Calendar. At the very top of that screen there is a link to "Manage Campaigns" Click on that and at the top of the next screen the "FFG Star Wars" should be listed, click on the name and it will take you to the Game Planning screen. Please let me know if you can get to it.

Hunter_Stillwood
May 10th, 2017, 20:35
Looking to see if there is any interest in doing a campaign in either of these. Looking for a weekend group. Happy to run the group or play in one. If I run I like doing a setting between the final Kotor era and Episode 1, so there is not a whole lot of story to blunder into. I also like a more Cinematic play style so like if Saga is the option I like to pull the force dice idea to inject that fate and destiny feel, as well as talk about a more aggressive force power feel but thats for a later discussion. Anyways hope to start having a convo with you all about this and get it together.

Chris

Interested, this is my first time on FG but have been playing D&D for over 10 years.
I like 60 Rp/40 Combat as well. I am EST, and can get on SAT/SUN/WED/THURS weekly.
I prefer text as my internet is not the greatest.
I play both genders but prefer Sith or Factionless/Nuetral for a Star wars theme. I Search... a lot and love checking every nook and shelf and crate.

armlocks101
May 11th, 2017, 14:44
Are there any games I can get in on? I haven't been on FG in years but I used to play 4E D&D pretty hardcore. I'd love to play some Star Wars.

JSpade85
May 14th, 2017, 04:55
Go into the Game Calendar. At the very top of that screen there is a link to "Manage Campaigns" Click on that and at the top of the next screen the "FFG Star Wars" should be listed, click on the name and it will take you to the Game Planning screen. Please let me know if you can get to it.

I haven't been able to find this. I'm very new to FG.

GrimmStories
May 14th, 2017, 15:05
Click Game Calendar
Click Manage Campaigns
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/

killerjoe1968
May 24th, 2017, 05:26
I would be up for playing in the FFG SW system. Would like to play a character from force and destiny.

rbeard101
May 29th, 2017, 04:11
I'm looking for 1 more for the game?. Anyone interested (Friday nights, Central time, ultimate license w/ teamspeak)?

JSpade85
May 29th, 2017, 04:13
I might be able to find someone.

Espatier
May 29th, 2017, 06:09
What time are you looking to fill?

Yes, I can meet the requirements of Friday nights, Central time, ultimate license w/ teamspeak

rbeard101
June 8th, 2017, 11:58
We're back looking for 1 more for Friday night this week and ongoing. Any takers?

If you wanted in earlier on this post and didn't hear back from me, please send me a IM. I didn't follow up with anyone once I thought we were full-up.

Thanks!

Litvyak
June 8th, 2017, 18:22
If you're​ still looking to fill the spot, I'm interested

BobTheMercenary
September 18th, 2017, 02:13
Looking for a sunday game of SW if anyone has one.

Hessian
October 5th, 2017, 01:05
I'm familiar with the Star Wars FFG system, just not too familiar with Fantasy Grounds. Would like to see about getting into a game.

kylania
October 9th, 2017, 18:45
I'd be good for a game too. :) Fairly new to the EotE game system, but I've jumped in with both feet recently. Familiar with FG and have run a few sessions using the EotE ruleset too.

Hessian
October 9th, 2017, 20:33
I'm still on the basic (free) version so I know I wouldn't be able to host it. Can anyone host a game? Would like to try a few rounds 1st before purchasing the Ultimate License.

kylania
October 9th, 2017, 20:41
I'd be happy to show you around the ruleset. I'm Central US time and available after 7pm tonight.

Hessian
October 9th, 2017, 20:48
Awesome, that's 5pm Arizona time. I'll set a reminder to get back on around that time.