PDA

View Full Version : AVG issue and port 1802

Niles
April 15th, 2017, 16:05
I had the AVG issue, it's now fixed. FG now starts but I can't connect. Do I have to reopen port 1802?

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2017, 16:31
I had the AVG issue, it's now fixed. FG now starts but I can't connect. Do I have to reopen port 1802?

Either your antivirus is blocking the connection or your internal IP address has changed (the latter especially if you rebooted stuff in your attempts to get things working)

Niles
April 15th, 2017, 18:19
Either your antivirus is blocking the connection or your internal IP address has changed (the latter especially if you rebooted stuff in your attempts to get things working)

Hi Zacchaeus, I made the exception for FG in the settings of AVG. I still won't connect. You said the internal IP may have changed. If it did, what do I have to do?

LordEntrails
April 15th, 2017, 18:28
If the internal network IP of FG has changed, you need to update your port forwarding rule, if you had to set one up originally. So, did you configure port forwarding (i.e. a virtual server on your router) before?

Niles
April 15th, 2017, 18:34
If the internal network IP of FG has changed, you need to update your port forwarding rule, if you had to set one up originally. So, did you configure port forwarding (i.e. a virtual server on your router) before?

Yes, I set it up before.

LordEntrails
April 15th, 2017, 19:27
Ok, so verify your current internal IP and go back and set it up again. You might have to reboot your router to get it to stick, depends on the router.

Niles
April 16th, 2017, 03:18
Ok, so verify your current internal IP and go back and set it up again. You might have to reboot your router to get it to stick, depends on the router.

Hi LordEntrails, reset router and port forwarding and no luck, still won't connect. Any other ideas I could try?

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2017, 03:26
You verified your internal IP didn't change?

Does it work if you disable AVG temporarily? Does it work if you disable your firewall temporarily? Is your network showing as home/work/private and not public? (This shouldn't have changed, but sometimes Windows updates do this).

damned
April 16th, 2017, 14:01
Please post a screenshot of the Port Forward settings on your firewall and also one of the Load Campaign screen in FG.

Niles
April 17th, 2017, 15:26
Please post a screenshot of the Port Forward settings on your firewall and also one of the Load Campaign screen in FG.

Hi Damned and LordEntrails, I got it to work. I had to update AVG and it gave me full protection (I had the free version). It took over my firewall. I just turned it off and switched to Windows firewall and it worked! Thanks for all your help...