PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a way to add custom skins?

mattllow
December 27th, 2005, 17:17
I want to remove that wood grain board part of the table and add my own custom skins, anyone know of any way to do this?

richvalle
December 27th, 2005, 18:09
I've seen screen shots of FG where people have changed it, so I know it can be done. It should just be an image file somewhere in the FG dir that you can swap out with your own. I took a quick look and didn't see it, though it looks like it should be in ...

Ahhh... found it.

c:\program files\fantasygrounds\data\textures\wood1.png

I think you can either replace it with your own (and keep the same name) or put a new on in there and then point FG to use it as the default (not sure of the change you would have to make though).

Hope that helps some.

rv

joshuha
December 27th, 2005, 18:19
I've seen screen shots of FG where people have changed it, so I know it can be done. It should just be an image file somewhere in the FG dir that you can swap out with your own. I took a quick look and didn't see it, though it looks like it should be in ...

Ahhh... found it.

c:\program files\fantasygrounds\data\textures\wood1.png
I think you can either replace it with your own (and keep the same name) or put a new on in there and then point FG to use it as the default (not sure of the change you would have to make though).

Hope that helps some.

rv

You put the following tag in your base.xml file for your ruleset.

<desktopimage file="rulesets\YourRuleSet\data\textures\NameOfPic.png" />

Of course your folder structure does not have to be EXACTLY like that. Not sure if you can use JPEGs instead of PNG for background, assuming you can.

mattllow
December 27th, 2005, 18:33
woot!! thanks!

Zane_Marlowe
December 30th, 2005, 06:25
Also, look for the graphics.xml files in the ruleset and root folders. The XML just contains pointers to the graphics files, and the graphics are stored in open folders. If you replace the graphics intelligently, you get another interface.

heliopolix
January 7th, 2006, 01:55
I posted in the armory a few weeks ago on how to do just this. It's basically exactly what rv said, with a little bit extra, and pics.

Hop on over (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3659) and check it out.

Hope this helps.

Later,
Jeffrey