PDA

View Full Version : v3.3.0 Issues

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 07:52
Here is the place to report any new issues pertaining to Fantasy Grounds v3.3.0.

Here are the patch notes. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Here is a link to the video walkthrough for newcomers to v3.x:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYLoo1uoc

NOTE: If you are getting any errors when starting your campaigns, please make sure to get the latest version of any community rulesets or extensions that you may be using, or disable them to prevent errors.

Cheers,
JPG

dulux-oz
April 14th, 2017, 08:43
For the record, new FGv3.3 versions of all the DOE Extensions will be released over the next few days (some with new & enhanced features) - until then any errors related to existing versions of the DOEs with FGv3.3 are known & will/have been addressed & will/have been corrected in the new DOE versions - thankyou.

Lillhans
April 14th, 2017, 12:28
Woohoo!

Antivirus program treated the update launcher with suspicion, however (which is a first for me, at least). And now it's on lockdown. :square:

Old Man Trouble
April 14th, 2017, 12:50
Me too. AVG would not allow the FantasyGrounds.exe file to run. Even if I tell AVG to ignore, things do not run. The windows errors when opening is "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access them." The user account is an administrator.

Edit: It detects as Win32/Heri if that's helpful.

Edit 2: The solution in post #67 worked for me.

Talyn
April 14th, 2017, 13:13
[PFRPG/3.5E] Race and class records can be dropped on front page of PC sheet, and links will be created to those records.

Started to complain this wasn't working (it didn't a few days ago, but now I'm wondering if that was during FG Con when I had downgraded to 3.2...) despite the markup being present on the character sheet file, but it's all good now.

Really been liking 3.3, great job!
As an aside, any chance the skills tab could have links preset someday? They've been "broken" (empty link)...forever? Generic @* would be awesome, so they work with the SRD / official packs like 5E, obviously.

Gwydion
April 14th, 2017, 13:22
For the record, new FGv3.3 versions of all the DOE Extensions will be released over the next few days (some with new & enhanced features) - until then any errors related to existing versions of the DOEs with FGv3.3 are known & will/have been addressed & will/have been corrected in the new DOE versions - thankyou.

Thanks for the heads up! Have a game sat night with a lot of sound stuff so will be testing for now to see if I'll be able to run it before the new extensions. Thanks for all your work!

damned
April 14th, 2017, 13:26
Me too. AVG would not allow the FantasyGrounds.exe file to run. Even if I tell AVG to ignore, things do not run. The windows errors when opening is "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access them." The user account is an administrator.

Because its a new version/build AVG dont have it in their DB yet. Its an EXE that downloads other EXEs and that behaviour is flagged as suspicious by AV vendors.

borusa32
April 14th, 2017, 13:29
Me too avg deleted loads of stuff and the programme is now missing executables-this is a disaster!

EraserTX
April 14th, 2017, 15:06
I'm not seeing the 3.3.0 notes on the list yet, 3.2.3 is the newest listed.

Talyn
April 14th, 2017, 15:10
Buddy of mine had that same problem, but the new one came up fine on his phone. Not sure what the deal is. But 3.3 notes are, in fact, there on that link.

taoistpunk
April 14th, 2017, 15:38
I'm not seeing the 3.3.0 notes on the list yet, 3.2.3 is the newest listed.

clear your browser cache

Melioch54
April 14th, 2017, 16:54
My .exe has also vanished, main program not in his folder.

EraserTX
April 14th, 2017, 17:02
My .exe has also vanished, main program not in his folder.

Open AVG Internet Security, click on Options (upper right corner) and go to Virus Vault..if the EXE is there then click on it and restore the file.
Then go back into options and go to advanced settings, create an exception for the FG file or folder. Should take care of the problem.

GSKlein
April 14th, 2017, 17:12
Not pleased with how the new record sheet for Pathfinder works...Class Abilities going to Feats section...nothing working in Proficiency area...Racial Traits can't be added in. Not liking this update at all !

Aventhar
April 14th, 2017, 17:45
Hi

Fantastic update overall, but at least one big gotcha...

New characters imported from Hero Lab missing feats, class abilities, proficiencies, skill descriptions, etc...

Inventory still seems to populate correctly with item descriptions.

Assuming this is due to sheet changes not implemented in the character converter yet. just wanted to give you a heads up.

Melioch54
April 14th, 2017, 18:20
Open AVG Internet Security, click on Options (upper right corner) and go to Virus Vault..if the EXE is there then click on it and restore the file.
Then go back into options and go to advanced settings, create an exception for the FG file or folder. Should take care of the problem.

It works ! But what about my players tomorrow... :(

celestian
April 14th, 2017, 18:36
Fantasy Grounds v3.3.0 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release is primarily enhancements for Pathfinder as well as other bug fixes and minor features. It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Here is a link to the video walkthrough for newcomers to v3.x:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYLoo1uoc

NOTE: If you are getting any errors when starting your campaigns, please make sure to get the latest version of any community rulesets or extensions that you may be using, or disable them to prevent errors.

Please report any issues in this thread.

Cheers,
JPG

Great work, thanks for the notes!

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2017, 18:49
It works ! But what about my players tomorrow... :(

Tell them to make sure that they have created an exception in their AV before they update (if necessary - it seems only certain AV's have this problem); and tell them to update in plenty of time before the game starts.

celestian
April 14th, 2017, 18:54
Tell them to make sure that they have created an exception in their AV before they update (if necessary - it seems only certain AV's have this problem); and tell them to update in plenty of time before the game starts.

I use Windows Defender (works in 7 or 10) and it didn't bitch about it for what it's worth.

Sasmira
April 14th, 2017, 19:01
Hi

Fantastic update overall, but at least one big gotcha...

New characters imported from Hero Lab missing feats, class abilities, proficiencies, skill descriptions, etc...

Inventory still seems to populate correctly with item descriptions.

Assuming this is due to sheet changes no implemented in the character converter yet. just wanted to give you a heads up.

OMG ! I'm using all time Hero Lab for create PC ... I hope a fix soon :/

bawsr
April 14th, 2017, 19:26
I am getting a script error when I click on a character in the combat tracker. This is how I usually load a map that we left off in the middle of in the prior game.

It was working for me before the update.

this happens on anything on combat tracker when I click on the token

After further investigation, this might still be related to the WAAYYY TOOO BIIIIG map in POTA. After the map loads it starts working normally with some further testing. still seems like something of a problem.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 19:27
I am getting a script error when I click on a character in the combat tracker. This is how I usually load a map that we left off in the middle of in the prior game.

What ruleset?

Are you running any extensions?

bawsr
April 14th, 2017, 19:29
Sorry I put POTA (Princes of the Apocalypse) 5e. I was lazy and didn't want to type it out!

No extensions except rolld. I can remove it but not the cause :) After I updated I did see some interesting things. I think it might be related to the map taking a while to load. still seems wrong :) The map I am using is the HUGE Map.. Halls of the hunting axe that we were having a discussion around in the Healing forums.

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 19:31
Responses to comments so far:

AVG False Positive
I've reported the issues to AVG, so hopefully they'll address soon on their end.

As an aside, any chance the skills tab could have links preset someday? They've been "broken" (empty link)...forever? Generic @* would be awesome, so they work with the SRD / official packs like 5E, obviously.

We won't be able to do this until the official Paizo material comes out, so I can make sure the skill reference paths are the same. Feel free to ping me after that, because I think this would be good.

Not pleased with how the new record sheet for Pathfinder works...Class Abilities going to Feats section...nothing working in Proficiency area...Racial Traits can't be added in. Not liking this update at all !

All of the data is still recorded on the sheet, we just added a racial traits area and directed records to the correct list as they are marked in the data.

Where are you pulling your class abilities and racial traits from? They have to be created in the new Class record sheet to add directly to class abilities. This is similar for Race records and Racial Traits. I just tried by creating a new class and a new race record with an ability/trait each, then dragged and dropped onto a PC sheet. It appeared to work correctly. Perhaps you can walk me through the steps you are taking when you see the issue.

For proficiencies, the ability must be named "Weapon and Armor Proficiency" just like in the OGL data, and then use the same text as the OGL data. The ruleset is attempting to automatically extract information on proficiencies from the way the text is presented in the OGL material.

New characters imported from Hero Lab missing feats, class abilities, proficiencies, skill descriptions, etc... Inventory still seems to populate correctly with item descriptions. Assuming this is due to sheet changes not implemented in the character converter yet. just wanted to give you a heads up.

The Character Converter has not been updated for this release, so may need some updates to add the data for the new groupings. Thanks for reporting.

Regards,
JPG

Beldak
April 14th, 2017, 19:32
clear your browser cache

I've tried that, along with several different browsers and no luck. Wonder if my ISP is caching or something crazy. Even tried is on iphone not connected to Wifi and same result, no new patch notes.

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 19:37
This information might be cached through our CDN service. Let me ask Doug to flush.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 19:44
bawsr,

Where are you clicking on the character when you get that error? Or can you walk me through the steps you used to see this?
I tried popping open the PotA adventure with that map and throwing my test CT guys on there with no luck.

Thanks,
JPG

Trubo
April 14th, 2017, 19:44

Thanks. This is what I had forgotten to do. Works fine now.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2017, 20:07

After further investigation, this might still be related to the WAAYYY TOOO BIIIIG map in POTA. After the map loads it starts working normally with some further testing. still seems like something of a problem.

I have not been able to fix this yet; so it wasn't in this release.

swbuza
April 14th, 2017, 20:30
Edit: Pathfinder Ruleset

Anybody else have the AC shield in the wrong position on the Main tab of the character sheet?

Also, character tokens missing and can't recreate them. Proficiencies, Racial Traits, Class Abilities, Feats don't seem to be working properly.

bawsr
April 14th, 2017, 20:35
ok.. Here is the steps..

I have the characters loaded on halls of the hunting axe map (giant map).

I have the characters loaded into the position on the map from the combat tracker where we last left the battle.

I close down FG (correctly)

I load up FG load up the campaign..

I then open the Combat tracker.. I click the token on the combat tracker.

I get that error..

I click another character.. I get that error.

If I wait a while... the map loads and when I click the token on the combat tracker it centers the map on the character .

does that help? If needed I can do a more detailed description. I have had to write technical documentation :D

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 20:36
Anybody else have the AC shield in the wrong position on the Main tab of the character sheet?
Which ruleset?

EDIT: Plus, as you using a theme? If so, which one?

swbuza
April 14th, 2017, 20:51
Pathfinder ruleset. Wood theme.

Dungeon theme appears to be okay.

wthrasherb
April 14th, 2017, 21:06
AVG just deleted Fantasygrounds.exe

bawsr
April 14th, 2017, 21:18
I wasn't sure if this was more specifically just this map or if it is a problem overall. I think it may be a minor issue with the program but more seriously happening because of the overtly large map. It might not be seen in general except with a larger map issue

LordEntrails
April 14th, 2017, 21:21
AVG just deleted Fantasygrounds.exe
See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37783-FG-3-3-0-update-AVG-reports-infected-FG-exe

wthrasherb
April 14th, 2017, 21:26

Same here... I'm trying work arounds and reinstalls... nothing is working... yet

EDIT: Here's some info

AVG define's win/heri:

Win/Heri is a malicious software that once it is executed has the capability of replicating itself and infect other files and programs. These type of malware, called Viruses, can steal hard disk space and memory that slows down or completely halts your PC. It can also corrupt or delete data, erase your hard drive, steal personal information, hijack your screen and spam your contacts to spread itself to other users. Usually, a Virus is received as an attachment on an email or instant message.

Here is a screen shot from what I get when I try to reinstall, open the application folder or anything related to getting fantasy grounds to work.

And just since I've been typing this message, I'm not getting warnings about heri from AVG and I am not trying to open Fantasy Grounds or do anything...

Please help guys... there's a lot of us planning on playing tonight :(

Talyn
April 14th, 2017, 21:29
In Manage Characters everything from 3.2 no longer shows up. The .dat files are physically still present, however.

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 21:36
That's correct. The .dat file format was updated between v3.2.3 and v3.3.0, so you'll need to connect to the GM session to access the character data for that campaign.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 21:44
Same here... I'm trying work arounds and reinstalls... nothing is working... yet
See the link LordEntrails posted above.

wthrasherb
April 14th, 2017, 21:46
See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37783-FG-3-3-0-update-AVG-reports-infected-FG-exe

Did not work. Still getting heri detection.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 21:47
I think it may be a minor issue with the program but more seriously happening because of the overtly large map. It might not be seen in general except with a larger map issue
It is a very minor issue - clicking a token on the CT tries to activate that token on the map, but the map doesn't exist. The error doesn't break anything. Just wait until the map is fully loaded and then proceed as normal. I'm sure MW will address at some point with some code to check for the map being fully initialised.

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 21:47
bawsr,
Thanks for the steps to recreate. I was able to reproduce on that map, and on other maps. It has to do with double-clicking the CT token before the map has been loaded the first time in a session. I'll add to the fix list.

swbuza,
Thanks for the report on the AC shield frame in the Wood theme.

On the PC tokens, I'm not sure which tokens you are referring to. On the main PC sheet tab? On the combat tracker?

On the racial traits, class abilities, feats and proficiencies, I just checked these for someone else earlier, and they appear to be working. Class Abilities and Racial Traits will only be placed in the correct lists when added from a class or race record (either using drag and drop of class record to level up, or by dragging from the class/race record onto the PC abilities tab). Proficiencies specifically look for a class ability named "Weapon and Armor Proficiency" using the same wording as the official OGL material. Feats should be able to be added by dragging and dropping from the feat records. Note, the official class and race record data with abilities/traits built-in won't be available until the official Paizo material is released.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 21:49
Did not work. Still getting heri detection.
Please post a screenshot of AVG showing the exclusions you've setup.

wthrasherb
April 14th, 2017, 21:49
See the link LordEntrails posted above.

I did. It didn't work. Still getting heri detection and I don't want to add an exception for a known virus ;) So I'm stuck... but patient

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 21:51
I did. It didn't work. Still getting heri detection and I don't want to add an exception for a known virus ;) So I'm stuck... but patient
It's not a known virus. It has been explained why AVG is showing as a false positive earlier in this thread. If you're not willing to add an exception (details in post #13 of this thread) then I guess you are stuck. Sorry.

wthrasherb
April 14th, 2017, 21:51
Please post a screenshot of AVG showing the exclusions you've setup.

woomp there it is

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 21:56

woomp there it is
The screenshots here: https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlName=How-to-exclude-file-folder-or-website-from-AVG-scanning don't show that <any content>, Maybe try the steps shown in this link? If that doesn't work, try a reboot to restart AVG and read the exception.

wthrasherb
April 14th, 2017, 22:12
It's not a known virus. It has been explained why AVG is showing as a false positive earlier in this thread. If you're not willing to add an exception (details in post #13 of this thread) then I guess you are stuck. Sorry.

I did add the exceptions for the proper items. win/heri IS a known malicious piece of software, regardless of it's false positive in this particular circumstance. I will not add an exception to a defined, known virus. I HAVE added the exceptions for Fantasy Grounds. I did follow the forum, including post 13, from start to end, tried every suggestion, and I'm still having no luck. I went to the other thread where some one talked about making the exceptions and did so in avg. The reason my screen shot and the one you told me to reference don't look the same is because I made the exception cover ANY circumstance (updates, moving the file, etc.) in order to keep it from flaggin Fantasy Grounds in any way, and also that screen shot on that web page you sent me to is an older version of AVG.

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 22:13
I did add the exceptions for the proper items. win/heri IS a known malicious piece of software, regardless of it's false positive in this particular circumstance. I will not add an exception to a defined, known virus. I HAVE added the exceptions for Fantasy Grounds. I did follow the forum, including post 13, from start to end, tried every suggestion, and I'm still having no luck. I went to the other thread where some one talked about making the exceptions and did so in avg. The reason my screen shot and the one you told me to reference don't look the same is because I made the exception cover ANY circumstance (updates, moving the file, etc.) in order to keep it from flaggin Fantasy Grounds in any way, and also that screen shot on that web page you sent me to is an older version of AVG.
I think our posts crossed each other and my terminology wasn't correct. I didn't mean to add an exception for that specific virus, I meant to add an exception for the Fantasy Grounds applications. Sorry for the confusion. Hope you find a resolution soon.

swbuza
April 14th, 2017, 22:14
On the PC tokens, I'm not sure which tokens you are referring to. On the main PC sheet tab? On the combat tracker?

These were on the main PC sheet tab, but a restart of FG has brought them back.

On the racial traits, class abilities, feats and proficiencies, I just checked these for someone else earlier, and they appear to be working. Class Abilities and Racial Traits will only be placed in the correct lists when added from a class or race record (either using drag and drop of class record to level up, or by dragging from the class/race record onto the PC abilities tab). Proficiencies specifically look for a class ability named "Weapon and Armor Proficiency" using the same wording as the official OGL material. Feats should be able to be added by dragging and dropping from the feat records. Note, the official class and race record data with abilities/traits built-in won't be available until the official Paizo material is released.

Not quite understanding this, but it sounds like it's related to the configuration of the module they come from. I asked a more specific question in the Pathfinder thread.

wthrasherb
April 14th, 2017, 22:14
I think our posts crossed each other. Sorry for the confusion. Hope you find a resolution soon.

It's all good. I'm just trying to work hard to find a fix... not just for me but everybody.

EDIT:

Now that I've made exceptions and such and tried reinstalling... I think I'm gonna try turning it off and on again... lol

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 22:16
There are currently no modules provided which will populate the Class Abilities, Racial Traits and Proficiencies directly, only feats. We are waiting on the official Paizo data to be able to provide those. You can create custom class/race records in the mean time to populate those areas via drag and drop.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
April 14th, 2017, 22:37
It's all good. I'm just trying to work hard to find a fix... not just for me but everybody.

EDIT:

Now that I've made exceptions and such and tried reinstalling... I think I'm gonna try turning it off and on again... lol
What about disabling AVG and then running the installer and updater?

Kronides
April 14th, 2017, 22:44
Hi guys,

We are in a game and have just discovered there is an issue with damage rounding on crits. It seems that rounding occurs twice, which gives the wrong final result. Screenshotted crit should have done 21 damage.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2017, 22:58
No that's correct. You are getting half of 25 rounded down and half of 17 rounded down. Which equals 20. There was a discussion on this somewhere recently but I can't put my finger on it just now.

Galach
April 14th, 2017, 22:59
***** Just Reporting, this is not an important issue right now *****

I had noticed a new field, just above extensions list, where I could change the Username of my campaigns and tried to do it just to see how it worked. Whenever I try to type something there, after entering the first character, I receive a script error window.

My "Default" username for any new campaign is changed, becoming that single letter. Solved it for now by typing my desired username in a notepad, and performing a copy/paste in that field. The error occurs the same way, but I have my name there now (and as my new default user for new campaigns).

This error occurred under Wine/Linux install and also on Window 10 Install.

Kronides
April 14th, 2017, 23:08
No that's correct. You are getting half of 25 rounded down and half of 17 rounded down. Which equals 20. There was a discussion on this somewhere recently but I can't put my finger on it just now.

RAW this is flat out wrong. Crit damage is not a separate pool, it is the same pool, so only 1 lot of rounding should occur.

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2017, 23:13
RAW this is flat out wrong. Crit damage is not a separate pool, it is the same pool, so only 1 lot of rounding should occur.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34656-5e-Bug-Reports-(Continued)&p=325884&viewfull=1#post325884

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 23:20
Galach, thanks for the report.

Kronides, it's a corner case that isn't spelled out in the rules specifically, so the post I made which Zacchaeus pointed to was a culmination of a similar discussion.

Regards,
JPG

wthrasherb
April 14th, 2017, 23:38
What about disabling AVG and then running the installer and updater?

Unfortunately, that worked. The update is good, version shows 3.3.0. All my data seems to be intact (at least the small little bit I checked), but Fantasy Grounds won't run if AVG is active.

I feel like if I make an exception to a known virus, even though it may be a false positive in this case, will open the door for that virus to come in when it feels like it. I've had security breaches in the past and I'm on "old reliable" as my main computer, so I'm trying to keep her healthy...

After creating the exceptions for all things Fantasy Grounds in AVG, I completely uninstalled Fantasy Grounds and then did a full reinstall. The install took place, but when it finished and Fantasy Grounds tried to launch the same damn virus message popped up again. So as a last resort, I tried disabling AVG temporarily to see if that worked. It did. So how can I run Fantasy Grounds and still gain the Virus protection I need? I pay for AVG Ultimate, so I'm semi-invested at least for another year. I've used AVG for years and they have always proven the best and I have 0 virus problems... unless something like this happens. So now what. Please help...

swbuza
April 14th, 2017, 23:44
There are currently no modules provided which will populate the Class Abilities, Racial Traits and Proficiencies directly, only feats. We are waiting on the official Paizo data to be able to provide those. You can create custom class/race records in the mean time to populate those areas via drag and drop.

Regards,
JPG

My own version of the Pathfinder Core Rules module was putting those all in Feats. I am happy to say that it works now by changing the window class; although Proficiences links aren't working for some reason. No icons.

swbuza
April 14th, 2017, 23:45
Unfortunately, that worked. The update is good, version shows 3.3.0. All my data seems to be intact (at least the small little bit I checked), but Fantasy Grounds won't run if AVG is active.

I feel like if I make an exception to a known virus, even though it may be a false positive in this case, will open the door for that virus to come in when it feels like it. I've had security breaches in the past and I'm on "old reliable" as my main computer, so I'm trying to keep her healthy...

After creating the exceptions for all things Fantasy Grounds in AVG, I completely uninstalled Fantasy Grounds and then did a full reinstall. The install took place, but when it finished and Fantasy Grounds tried to launch the same damn virus message popped up again. So as a last resort, I tried disabling AVG temporarily to see if that worked. It did. So how can I run Fantasy Grounds and still gain the Virus protection I need? I pay for AVG Ultimate, so I'm semi-invested at least for another year. I've used AVG for years and they have always proven the best and I have 0 virus problems... unless something like this happens. So now what. Please help...

It seems to me that AVG needs to update their AV software to stop reporting a false positive.

Nylanfs
April 14th, 2017, 23:56
Just a note I'm using Avast and it didn't have problems with the update.

Zeruel_Kagenie
April 14th, 2017, 23:59
The exteinsion Enhanced Images (layers) v2.0.4 is not working with Fantasy Grounds 3.3.0. Tokens do not auto-scale to the grid in the 2nd and 3rd layer. Only working with the first layer in the D&D 5e ruleset.

JohnD
April 15th, 2017, 00:11
This information might be cached through our CDN service. Let me ask Doug to flush.

Regards,
JPG

If you can dislodge the NDP while you're at it, much appreciated.

wthrasherb
April 15th, 2017, 00:11
Ok, FINALLY. Got it!!!

*whew*

So I had to make exceptions for ALL FOLDERS involved with Fantasy Grounds, not just the executable file. That seemed to do the trick. I'm logged on and checking on data.

If you are using AVG and still having the win32/heri problem, try making FOLDER exceptions for all Fantasy Grounds folders including the App data folder.

Nickademus
April 15th, 2017, 00:13
The exteinsion Enhanced Images (layers) v2.0.4 is not working with Fantasy Grounds 3.3.0. Tokens do not auto-scale to the grid in the 2nd and 3rd layer. Only working with the first layer in the D&D 5e ruleset.

Has the extension been updated for 3.3.0 yet? If not, then you can expect problems when using it.

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2017, 00:20
wshrasherb, thanks for letting us know the resolution.

swbuza, there is no specific place for class abilities or racial traits outside of the class/race records, so there is no separate list for them. If you have them under the reference.feats or feat data path in your custom module, they will show up in the "Feats" list. That's how the ruleset knows what kind of data they should be. Try creating a complete custom class and a complete custom race record in the XML, and then viewing the campaign XML to see how they are stored.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
April 15th, 2017, 00:27
Thanks for reporting. I've replied to your first report in the extension thread.

As a FYI to everyone - if you are experiencing issues with community extensions, then please post in the extension specific thread only, so the extension developer is aware and any discussion on it are kept to one thread. Thanks.

El Condoro
April 15th, 2017, 02:28
Got FG to work again after AVG quarantined it. Not sure if making a whole folder an exception is a good idea, though. Anyway...

Really minor point but reporting anyway: (5E ruleset) when dragging the ranged attack roll off a character sheet the ammunition is updated at that point, not when dropped on a target. If you change your mind and drop without attacking, you have remember to reset the ammo. Like I said, minor.

Beldak
April 15th, 2017, 03:03

Regards,
JPG

Looks like that did the trick - patch notes now showing.

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2017, 03:18
El Condoro,

It's always been that way. The current roll mechanism doesn't track the weapon source record, only the attack details; so there is no way to update the ammo after the drag starts.

Regards,
JPG

Griogre
April 15th, 2017, 03:27
Minor issue. 5E ruleset, Monsters. The new shading rules are applying to the Monster Entries. IE for an Abominable Yeti Keen Small the Trait heading is darker than the Prior Trait Heading Fear of Fire and the body of Keen Smell is shaded. Basically it looks like both the headings and bodies alternate back and forth. This mean the 3 traint Snow Camaflage header is the same color as the body of Keen Smell so they look like they run together.

Probably monster entries should not use the new shading scheme.

Talyn
April 15th, 2017, 03:36
Here's a screenshot of what @Griogre is talking about. The lighter texture is carrying down one line, omitting what should be the darker texture for the title of the next ability. For example, Snow Camouflage is a separate ability, but it has the same texture as the description for Keen Smell.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18550&stc=1&d=1492223636

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2017, 04:52
Yes, that doesn't look good. Let me look at it.

JPG

dmssanctum
April 15th, 2017, 06:04
My AVG is also blocking FG now, tried exceptions and it's quite a pain. Guess I won't be playing until hopefully that gets fixed.

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2017, 06:08
dmssanctum,

Its a false positive from AVG. No other security software is reporting an issue.

Here is the post that talks about how to bypass:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37783-FG-3-3-0-update-AVG-reports-infected-FG-exe&p=332402&viewfull=1#post332402

Regards,
JPG

wthrasherb
April 15th, 2017, 06:59
Is anyone having an unusual amount of crashes? My players are crashing like crazy...

Trenloe
April 15th, 2017, 07:39
Is anyone having an unusual amount of crashes? My players are crashing like crazy...
What modules have you shared with them? And what ruleset are you using?

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2017, 09:28
wthrasherb,

Any information on what you guys are doing when it crashes, and information on which ruleset/extensions/modules are being used will be very helpful. Once we have that information, I may ask for a copy of your campaign folder to see if I can reproduce.

Usually, crashes are attributable to running out of memory, which is usually caused by a lot of tokens, a lot of modules or very large map images.

Thanks,
JPG

Ixion77
April 15th, 2017, 10:33
updated to 3.3.0.
try to modify Username or Password for any of my preexisting campaigns
got console error:
Script Error: [string "launcher_campaignpropertylistentry:password"]:1: attempt to call global 'saveProperties' (a nil value)
the problem is independent of the ruleset

MerlinAmbrose
April 15th, 2017, 18:40
That's correct. The .dat file format was updated between v3.2.3 and v3.3.0, so you'll need to connect to the GM session to access the character data for that campaign.

Regards,
JPG

Hmmm. So, for defunct campaigns, characters are no longer retrievable? Is there, perchance, an independent viewer app for the older .DAT formats?

Trenloe
April 15th, 2017, 19:06
Hmmm. So, for defunct campaigns, characters are no longer retrievable? Is there, perchance, an independent viewer app for the older .DAT formats?
You can send your old cache files to [email protected], if you aren't able to reconnect to your GM's session.

MerlinAmbrose
April 15th, 2017, 19:10
You can send your old cache files to [email protected], if you aren't able to reconnect to your GM's session.

As always, Trenloe, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Much thanks.

wthrasherb
April 15th, 2017, 20:02
What modules have you shared with them? And what ruleset are you using?

I'm using all the core 5e modules ( phb dmg mm etc), plus unearthed arcana, 5th editon feats, 5th edition foes, tomb of horrors.... some of rob2e's stuff.

Some players finally gave up and dropped, other players got it working. Some players had problems when trying to view magic items after i made the dmg available to players.

I usually have at least one player a week that has technical difficulties, but usually it works out. Last night people were having problems all throughout the entire session.

Not complaining just reporting.

LordEntrails
April 15th, 2017, 20:09
The DMG is too large to share with the players. Current FG architecture does not support sharing it.

In short, FG is currently a single threaded 32 bit application. Which means that you can use about 3GB of memory (regardless of how much is installed on the computer). The single threaded part means that the DM computer can only transfer info to one client at a time, and when doing so it becomes unresponsive on the host computer.

Finally, the way data is handled by the host and player clients is different, so stuff you can have open in the host client is too much for the player client to handle.

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2017, 20:14
I'm using all the core 5e modules ( phb dmg mm etc), plus unearthed arcana, 5th editon feats, 5th edition foes, tomb of horrors.... some of rob2e's stuff.

Some players finally gave up and dropped, other players got it working. Some players had problems when trying to view magic items after i made the dmg available to players.

I usually have at least one player a week that has technical difficulties, but usually it works out. Last night people were having problems all throughout the entire session.

Not complaining just reporting.

The question was what modules have you shared with your players. Also have you shared any tokens (and if you have how many).

Trenloe
April 15th, 2017, 20:29
Some players had problems when trying to view magic items after i made the dmg available to players.
Yep, don't share the whole DMG module with players, neither other more DM oriented modules. Keep the player accessible modules to a minimum and just the ones the players *really* need.

Share individual records from the other modules as needed.

JohnD
April 15th, 2017, 21:11
If your players just need the PHB in a face-to-face game, you don't give them access to all 10+ shelves of gaming books in your library. This is sort of like that.

Mortar
April 16th, 2017, 01:48
Moon Wizard, is it possible to set the Extensions window on the launcher to how only the extensions that are compatible with the selected ruleset? No point in looking through a pile of 5E extensions if I can't use them.

belkasro
April 16th, 2017, 02:09
I have ultimate license

I accidentally updated to 3.3.0 and now it will not let me host. Im directly connected to my modem and followed all protocols. I tried to find a way to go back to 3.2.0. the link below I tried its method and will not let me revert back to 3.2. Ive back up all my data and been trying to re-install back to an older version. if any one knows how to revet back or least when will the fix happen.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/135512931362507528/

belkasro
April 16th, 2017, 02:38
never mind got it fixed

wthrasherb
April 16th, 2017, 03:07
I appreciate the feedback guys. I knew Fantasy Grounds had some limitations based on it's set up, but it may as well be magic to me. Thanks for filling me in. I'm sure my players will appreciate it. Thank you for helping me out. :)

EdenSaluqi
April 16th, 2017, 04:55
Good evening. I updated to v3.3.0 tonight and the installation went smoothly; however, when I attempted to join the server of a campaign I am currently participating in, I received this error, "The host is running an incompatible program version. Update and try again."

Admittedly, I am not the most technologically savvy individual, but the GM who is running the campaign is way more savvier in the technological field. To clarify, I have already "google searched" the forums and steam for resolutions to rectify the incompatible program version and have:

- uninstalled Fantasy Grounds, twice, removed all leftover FG files, and then reinstalled.
- cleared caches (cookies, app data).
- confirmed in Settings "Updates," my mode is "Live."
- confirmed the version is v3.3.0
- Scanned for viruses/malware. Results were clean.

He has:
- updated to v3.3.0 (same time I did; he notified me of the FG update), and checked more than once to ensure the update was fully complete.
- reviewed his Settings "Updates," his mode is "Live" too.

I have the ordinary Fantasy Grounds license; he has the Ultimate License. We both run Fantasy Grounds on Windows 7 64 bit-OS and have never run into this issue before in previous updates. Referring to Belkasro's post above, where he mentioned he couldn't host a game and needed to rollback to the previous FG version, I am a little worried.

Are there incompatibility issues now arising since Win. 7 is considered an older operating system?
My GM/friend mentioned also the downloaded update seemed slow; do you think a file glitch might've occurred in the update download?

Any additional suggestions to try to resolve this issue would be great. Thanks in advance!

JohnD
April 16th, 2017, 05:20
You can't generally roll back to a previous version once an update has been put into the "Live" slot I don't believe.

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2017, 06:16
Hey Eden, welcome to FG and the community!

This is normally the error we see when the GM and the player are not on the same minor revision (i.e. 3.3). Since you both believe you have done this, I would check two things;
1) make sure that when you launch FG, in the top right corner for both you and the GM is shows 3.3.0
2) make sure you don't have two installations of FG. This sometimes happens and then only one of them gets updated. There is a post somewhere on how to check this, but unfortunately, I don't know where.

Trenloe
April 16th, 2017, 06:26
Moon Wizard, is it possible to set the Extensions window on the launcher to how only the extensions that are compatible with the selected ruleset? No point in looking through a pile of 5E extensions if I can't use them.
It always has and still does display only those extensions tagged for the selected ruleset or those tagged as "Any". The D&D Decal extensions are available for any ruleset because they're just cool graphic decals to display on the desktop.

ShotGun Jolly
April 16th, 2017, 06:28
Hey guys!!

Who ever worked on the the latest release. Thanks so much for taking the time to making the minor adjustments by adding those extra features to the notes! That is something I have been wanting a LONG time. If this works the way I am hoping based on the release notes, its gonna mean added value for me.

Thanks!!

Blackfoot
April 16th, 2017, 06:36
Any chance we could get a 'Resistance' box under SAVES on the Combat Tab of the Pathfinder Character Sheet (this might be useful in 3.5 as well). This would avoid the need for extra effects for a 'Cloak of Resistance' which is the most common permanent 'save' effect.

Added to the idea informer.. HERE.. please VOTE (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=110845)

EdenSaluqi
April 16th, 2017, 06:45
Hey Eden, welcome to FG and the community!

This is normally the error we see when the GM and the player are not on the same minor revision (i.e. 3.3). Since you both believe you have done this, I would check two things;
1) make sure that when you launch FG, in the top right corner for both you and the GM is shows 3.3.0
2) make sure you don't have two installations of FG. This sometimes happens and then only one of them gets updated. There is a post somewhere on how to check this, but unfortunately, I don't know where.

Hello Lord E. and thank you for the welcome! I am finding the community to be quite lovely! I did as you suggested in #1 and double-checked my version. It is v3.3.0. Besides that, I will ask my GM tomorrow to double-check his FG version and suggest possibility #2 to him. I will also search my hard drive and make certain I have not accidentally installed any FG files elsewhere on my laptop at a later time today. :)

You can't generally roll back to a previous version once an update has been put into the "Live" slot I don't believe.
Thank you for letting me know John D.!

Blackfoot
April 16th, 2017, 08:28
The new 'fields' setup for Feats in Pathfinder is cool but there is a box missing for 'Description' or something like that.. most feats have a bit of basic text at the beginning that isn't a part of the benefit.

Example:
Combat Expertise (Combat)

You can increase your defense at the expense of your accuracy.

Prerequisite: Int 13.

Benefit: You can choose to take a –1 penalty on melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +1 dodge bonus to your Armor Class. When your base attack bonus reaches +4, and every +4 thereafter, the penalty increases by –1 and the dodge bonus increases by +1. You can only choose to use this feat when you declare that you are making an attack or a full-attack action with a melee weapon. The effects of this feat last until your next turn.

Erin Righ
April 16th, 2017, 09:34
Hey Eden, also check that on the settings, you both are running the same Updates (Live, Test, Dev)

Talyn
April 16th, 2017, 18:18
PFRPG

Not discounting that I'm simply "doing stuff wrong" but on the TEST channel I was able to do the new drag-n-drop just fine. Now that it's live, nothing's dropping anymore and the races are now plural again (they were changed to singular to read better for drag-n-drop). Did something get reverted in the live push?

Blackfoot
April 16th, 2017, 18:23
Close your modules, restart and try again.. it should clear the old data.

Talyn
April 16th, 2017, 18:24
Close your modules, restart and try again.. it should clear the old data.

Tried that, even re-ran the updater and created a new campaign with zero extensions. No change. :(

Blackfoot
April 16th, 2017, 18:27
OK.. interesting thing.. open the 'races' button.. the races show without the S.. but in the library.. they are plural.. go figure.

Talyn
April 16th, 2017, 18:28
OK.. interesting thing.. open the 'races' button.. the races show without the S.. but in the library.. they are plural.. go figure.

Huh, that's odd. Either way, it won't let me drag a race or a class, and I could do that just fine last week.

Blackfoot
April 16th, 2017, 18:31
Actually.. dropping from the 'Races' button works.

Well.. sorta.

Talyn
April 16th, 2017, 18:35
Oh yeah, look at that! I can drop Race and Class from the buttons but not from the Library... that's messed up.

Andraax
April 17th, 2017, 00:25
OK, bug report.

Used to be that if you double clicked on a token in the CT, it would open the map the token was on (I use this as a quick way to get back to where we left off last session). Now, if you double click on a token in the CT, you get "Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_token.lua"]:55: setActive: Token is not activable" if the map has not yet been opened. If you open it, then close it, it will work as expected - however this doesn't help when you're firing up the program for a new session.

This error is in CoreRPG, so I expect it is affecting several rulesets - I got this in CnC.

Blackfoot
April 17th, 2017, 00:35
OK, bug report.

Used to be that if you double clicked on a token in the CT, it would open the map the token was on (I use this as a quick way to get back to where we left off last session). Now, if you double click on a token in the CT, you get "Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_token.lua"]:55: setActive: Token is not activable" if the map has not yet been opened. If you open it, then close it, it will work as expected - however this doesn't help when you're firing up the program for a new session.

This error is in CoreRPG, so I expect it is affecting several rulesets - I got this in CnC.Try repulling from the the tracker AFTER the update.. it gave me the error before and then after I reset the tokens it didn't. My guess it's something to do with the update losing track of some preupdate stuff.

Dracius
April 17th, 2017, 05:55
I don't see it in the notes, but it looks like the chat log now shows you the roll that was dropped when you have adv/dis.

Wasn't expecting to see that implemented so soon. Thank you!

Nickademus
April 17th, 2017, 07:12
Remember, Big Brother is always watching...

HoloGnome
April 17th, 2017, 07:26

Regards,
JPG

Ditto on this problem. Soooo...why aren't you parsing the .dat file to update the format so that it remains usable? It would have been nice to know that the entire Manage Characters cache was going to be blown away on update. Respectfully, there's no easy way to connect to the GM sessions for the things that were in my cache...many and varied, as is probably true for everyone.

Moon Wizard
April 17th, 2017, 07:44
Because the entire caching system needs to be rewritten to stop the content from being stolen. This is already done for FGU, but it would have to be rebuilt from scratch for the old version.

If you need to access older files, we can do it for you. For newer characters, make sure to export the characters if you will need them long term.

Regards,
JPG

HoloGnome
April 17th, 2017, 08:00
Because the entire caching system needs to be rewritten to stop the content from being stolen. This is already done for FGU, but it would have to be rebuilt from scratch for the old version.

If you need to access older files, we can do it for you. For newer characters, make sure to export the characters if you will need them long term.

Regards,
JPG

Sorry - this doesn't seem to make any sense. The cache .dat files still exist and you have the code to allow users to view their existing character files that has been present in FG all along. So, what's the reason you can't convert the campaigns so that we can see our characters or just use legacy viewer code? When you detect that there is an existing cache file of the previous type, you read it in with the legacy reader, then save it out with the new one and update the cache. Manage characters just shows characters, so I'm not sure what the big concern is about content being stolen from legacy files that pre-date any content you are currently creating. It doesn't seem like you've carefully considered this transition.

Moon Wizard
April 17th, 2017, 08:04
You can message me, and I will get into more detail. However, it remains a vulnerability that we had to close. The FGPEMUtility was not meant to be a general purpose utility, but a tool to help recover data.

JPG

Kronides
April 17th, 2017, 09:20
Galach, thanks for the report.

Kronides, it's a corner case that isn't spelled out in the rules specifically, so the post I made which Zacchaeus pointed to was a culmination of a similar discussion.
PHB
Regards,
JPG

Happy Easter guys,

Moon Wizard's outline of the multiple damages in that example is correct. I do not dispute that. The issue is 'critical damage.'
"Critical" is not a damage type.
This is anything but a corner case, it is clearly outlined in the PHB (p196).
The listed damage types in 5E are Acid, Bludgeoning, Cold, Fire, Force, Lightning, Necrotic, Piercing, Poison, Psychic, Radiant, Slashing and Thunder.
There are associated resistances and immunities. There is also the provision for magic vs nonmagic Bludgeoning, Piercing or Slashing damage and metal types (silver, adamantine)
There are no resistances or immunities for critical hits as criticals are not a damage type.
Critical hits simply increase the dice pools for each damage type in the attack. If there is only 1 damage type then there is only 1 amount to round down. Critical damage should not create a separate pool for this purpose.
This is a core mechanic, so it should be how the calcs are resolved.

damned
April 17th, 2017, 10:14
What (I believe) Moon Wizard is saying is that within FG critical is defined as a type of damage. Re-coding it otherwise is a big task. The coding doesnt allow for every single rule and every single situation where it may be applied.

Myrdin Potter
April 17th, 2017, 15:39
What (I believe) Moon Wizard is saying is that within FG critical is defined as a type of damage. Re-coding it otherwise is a big task. The coding doesnt allow for every single rule and every single situation where it may be applied.

Couldn't you just add a final step that if damage type is "critical" check the rounding and add 1 where needed? 1 damage here and there does not make all that much difference but critical happens pretty often and is high visibility, so getting the damage to follow RAW is important.

Talyn
April 17th, 2017, 16:24

Regards,
JPG

I'm honestly shocked this hasn't been done yet, but how about when something major like that is going to lock customers out of their data, pop up a big warning message on the launcher explaining what's about to happen and steps to save your data before committing to the update process?

For that matter, a message about antivirus might not be a bad idea, considering the number of forum threads the last two updates...

MarauderNET
April 17th, 2017, 19:18
I'm not sure if this is something specific to my install, but I have a strange side-effect of upgrading to 3.3.0 Ultimate. I am running 3.3.0 / 5e Ruleset / No extensions or themes loaded / in Wine on the Mac on the Manage Characters screen. If I need to provide additional information, please let me know. Hopefully I didn't miss this being already reported. It doesn't impact functionality, but I can't seem to figure out how to correct this issue.

For some reason on the 5e character sheet the token no longer matches the character portrait. The token and portrait were the same in Manage Characters character sheet before, but now it is either blank or the token is the portrait of the next character in the PC "Import Local Character" screen (aside from the last character in the list where the portrait and token match).

See the attached screenshot for what the example of what I am seeing. Thanks for the help.

Todd

Moon Wizard
April 17th, 2017, 19:55
Minor hot fix today

[PFRPG/3.5E] Links on PC skills tab will attempt to open a matching Skills record in the campaign or an open module.
[LAUNCHER] Script error when editing user name or password of existing campaign. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Script error when double-clicking on CT token field when token placed on map which hasn't been opened in the current session yet. Fixed.
[5E] NPC actions list incorrectly shaded. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] AC field frame on PC main tab using Wood theme is not sized correctly. Fixed.
[CONVERTER][PFRPG/3.5E] Imported PCs are missing proficiencies, special ability text and feat text. Fixed.

JPG

Aventhar
April 17th, 2017, 22:08
PF Ruleset looks somewhat better - Skills now look great, but Feats and Abilities still show no descriptive text after character conversion from HeroLab with new Converter, and now additionally cause an error. Screen Capture included.

swbuza
April 17th, 2017, 22:38
Minor hot fix today

[PFRPG/3.5E] Links on PC skills tab will attempt to open a matching Skills record in the campaign or an open module.

Are the class-skill selections parsed similar to the others we've talked about, for instance: "Appraise (Int), Craft (Int), Fly (Dex), Knowledge (all) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Profession(Wis), and Spellcraft (Int)."

Talyn
April 17th, 2017, 23:11
Not totally sure what you're asking, but the [Skills] tab always had the full default list of (non-specialized) skills but the link boxes were always empty; you had to drag them one by one to get a clickable link. Now it pairs itself to whichever data module (SRD, community version of SRD+, official Paizo) you have loaded so all skills are clickable to read their descriptions from the moment you create that character.

Moon Wizard
April 17th, 2017, 23:32
Another quick push to patch character converter for Pathfinder again (to fix database mismatch errors for feat/SA description details).

JPG

swbuza
April 18th, 2017, 00:54
I was specifically asking about whether or not the OGL-formatted list of Skills for a class are used to populate the checkmarks for class skills.

Take a look at 18595 and you'll see the list of Class Skills that I've populated in the fighter class. It *seems* like this is being parsed into the Class Skills column of the character sheet. Depending on what class I drag onto the sheet, a different set of class skills are checked off. I know I didn't add those checkmarks, and I definitely did not add Knowledge Dungeoneering to the sheet myself, so it seems like it's coming out of the Class Skills section of the Class.

Except it does not consistently work.

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2017, 01:35
Are you testing with a new PC each time? Class skills are additive, so the class skills for any classes you have ever dropped on the PC will be checked on.

Also, you should remove the "The fighter's class skills are " portion of the text. It probably prevents the first skill from being found.
Ex (for fighter): "Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)"

Regards,
JPG

swbuza
April 18th, 2017, 02:04
Are you testing with a new PC each time? Class skills are additive, so the class skills for any classes you have ever dropped on the PC will be checked on.

Also, you should remove the "The fighter's class skills are " portion of the text. It probably prevents the first skill from being found.
Ex (for fighter): "Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str)"

Regards,
JPG

You're right. It was the leading text causing problems.

HoloGnome
April 18th, 2017, 20:27
It looks like this update also deleted all the CR/LF in entries under the abilities tab, completely eliminating all text formatting across every character sheet and many items. It's going to be very time-consuming to fix this issue. Maybe I can reimport. Hmm...nope...the importer also strips out the formatting. Please fix this problem. Thx.

And the text on feat items is also now screwed up. Please don't delete CR/LF text formatting.

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2017, 21:11
The issue isn't that the line endings were stripped, but that the line endings weren't converted between two different data types. (i.e. formatted text fields use XML for paragraphs, whereas text fields use line breaks.) Also, the output from HeroLab is provided in XML format, which creates the same issue. I'll have to look to see if the conversion can be improved. I wasn't aware of this issue until you reported it.

Regards,
JPG

Asmo
April 18th, 2017, 21:23
After entering some stories and maps everything (!) in entered suddenly became public, even after toggle off and stop sharing. Rebooted but all went public again.
Somewhere in the 3.2.2 thread i saw the suggestion to use /flushdb and this helped. Just want to mention it.
Using 3.3.0 with 5e ruleset, no extensions (only have FG a couple of days).

HoloGnome
April 18th, 2017, 21:29
If you can fix it, that would be great!

Also, when there are code changes that have major impact on a set of functionality, like the abilities tabs of all character sheets, it's always a good idea to have the product test plan and QA effort include unit testing to check each affected area to ensure that they are working properly prior to release and total data conversion (where the scope is all character sheets of all users). Now that Fantasy Grounds has been updated and the conversion has occurred to all characters, it's difficult to recover all the formatting on the user side unless people have character backups.

On the previous issue of the cache, the legacy campaign.dat files are just .pak files. So, why can't FG extract the character XML data from the existing .pak cache files and automatically rewrite them as standalone xmls in appropriately-labeled folders (or in the campaign directories themselves) instead of causing significant data access loss for all FG users? The xmls can just be loaded via the character upload interface to recover the PCs that were used/played by the user in a specific campaign.

Moon Wizard
April 18th, 2017, 21:46
Just pushed fix for any new migrations and character conversions from PFRPG/3.5E to preserve line endings where possible.

The problem is that the cache files are actually not .pak files, but a separate encrypted format. We have talked about internally creating a better mechanism for player character management at some point. The cache was never meant as a long term data storage mechanism, so isn't really designed for that.

JPG

HoloGnome
April 18th, 2017, 23:33
Great! I will try it and let you know. I have some back-ups and I will see how they import.

I understand about the cache, but what is stopping FG from preserving/extracting the existing character xml data in our campaign.dat files before cutting off all access via Manage Characters? It should be a simple task to save the xmls or even load them into a new common campaign.dat where each PC is labeled as to its campaign of origin.

HoloGnome
April 19th, 2017, 01:03
I have updated and tried re-importing. Feat and Ability text are no longer being stripped! Much better. On the Feat side, it looks like either the spacing is wider or 1 CR has become 2 -- I guess the latter. I have to delete an extra line between paragraphs. On the Ability side, I think it's OK. Again, maybe the line spacing is a bit wider now? But EOL is being preserved. So, now I will be reimporting and trying to merge-compare. It's great that the abilities tab now supports drag-and-drop - definitely been wanting that for a long time! Nice.

The proficiency section is kind of broken without pop-ups. For example, my sheets say "Simple Weapons" then lists them inside the pop-up window, but you took away the pop-up functionality for just that one section, which also means no drag-and-drop support. It should probably work like the other 3 sections on the same page and it still needs the pop-up window, IMO, to provide additional context for whatever is listed on that line.

HoloGnome
April 19th, 2017, 01:09
Also...it would be great if the Ability popups had buttons in them that would let me convert them to the formattedtext type. I currently have to hack the xml to do it, unless there's some other trick I don't know about.

HoloGnome
April 19th, 2017, 01:22
OK - sorry to triple post, but looking at the new Abilities tab stuff, what I would really love is to have a window type control for the pop-ups on each side. For example, NPC sheets let me choose creature, trap/haunt, vehicle. It would be nice if there were some small icons at the bottom that let me choose feat, trait, formattedtext, basic, whatever...also, more portable for the future. I already have lots of entries on both sides of the window, and I would prefer not to have all my text for feats, for example, be forced into the benefit box. Pie-in-the-sky, but there you go. I think the wider range of popup type support would make the abilities tab more powerful.

Talyn
April 19th, 2017, 15:14
Looking great so far. Only thing I've noticed is the Proficiencies section does not support links at all, only the name, even when the link is in the XML.

MarauderNET
April 19th, 2017, 18:01
I'm not sure if this is something specific to my install, but I have a strange side-effect of upgrading to 3.3.0 Ultimate. I am running 3.3.0 / 5e Ruleset / No extensions or themes loaded / in Wine on the Mac on the Manage Characters screen. If I need to provide additional information, please let me know. Hopefully I didn't miss this being already reported. It doesn't impact functionality, but I can't seem to figure out how to correct this issue.

For some reason on the 5e character sheet the token no longer matches the character portrait. The token and portrait were the same in Manage Characters character sheet before, but now it is either blank or the token is the portrait of the next character in the PC "Import Local Character" screen (aside from the last character in the list where the portrait and token match).

See the attached screenshot for what the example of what I am seeing. Thanks for the help.

Todd

So I am the only person seeing this (or am I doing something too dumb to warrant a response)?

Todd

Mortar
April 19th, 2017, 19:25
I am definitely not a Mac person, but are you able to export the characters? It would be interesting to see what xml path (if it appears) would be on those. What ever is being popped into the path of the first one might narrow things down.

MarauderNET
April 19th, 2017, 19:29
I am definitely not a Mac person, but are you able to export the characters? It would be interesting to see what xml path (if it appears) would be on those. What ever is being popped into the path of the first one might narrow things down.

Thanks for the response. Here is the XML for the first character in the list (Fuad).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22133775/Fuad%20Moonweed%20v03.xml

I appreciate the help.

This seems unlikely to be Mac specific since it occurred after the upgrade, but who knows.

Todd

Mortar
April 19th, 2017, 20:37
Is that Dump PC empty when you open that one up as well?

MarauderNET
April 19th, 2017, 20:52
Is that Dump PC empty when you open that one up as well?

The token issue is slightly different. It has a "dot" where the token should be typically location. I should have included this info before. Sorry.

Here is the screenshot.

Thanks for the help.

Todd

Mortar
April 19th, 2017, 21:07
I don't remember anyone reporting this before, definitely a weird one.

Mortar
April 19th, 2017, 21:22
The little white speakers balloon that I would expect to in the top right corner isn't there either.

Zacchaeus
April 19th, 2017, 21:47
Could this be related to the cache system rewrite? I don't know since I don't use the character manager, so I have limited experience with what it does. It looks like the links to the tokens and portraits have changed in some way. It's possible that all that need be done is to relink the portraits and tokens. Also as noted above you need to reconnect to the original campaign to set things right again, but I don't know if these are characters from a campaign or campaigns or just local creations.

damned
April 19th, 2017, 23:05
Can you drag the portrait of once PC onto his token field and see if it updates? Restart FG and see if it sticks? You may have to do a one time fix on the characters...

Reosoul
April 19th, 2017, 23:56
Hey folks, I'm having a problem with my FG after the recent update.

My FG version seems to be stuck on version 3.2.3, I'm set on live, and received the past couple 'update' prompts the last week or so, and thought everything was fine. But I've got players who can't connect to me now. Any way I can 'force' FG to update? Already uninstalled/reinstalled. Deleted most of my folders, inculuding extensions, modules, rulesets, etc. and let them be recreated. What do I do?

damned
April 20th, 2017, 00:03
Hi Reosol - see Wrong fantasy Grounds Version
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

Reosoul
April 20th, 2017, 00:25
Hi Reosol - see Wrong fantasy Grounds Version
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

Thanks Damned. I checked most of what's mentioned there but I'll take a fine-toothed comb to it again.

damned
April 20th, 2017, 00:36
Im thinking #4.
What it basically is suggesting is that your updater is not updating the correct install...
You may have reinstalled at some point and one or the other installs is pointing to a custom location.
Your shortcut is pointing to the .exe that isnt getting updated.

JohnD
April 20th, 2017, 00:36
I continue to have trouble with the Rolemaster ruleset when I launch the game. Essentially the state and location of some tokens is not remembered from when the last time I had the campaign open, tokens disappear even though their squares are still apparently linked to the CT as they are green, red, whatever. "Lost" tokens include actual PCs as well.

The above is how the active map displays when I relaunch today.

The below attachment is how it displayed when I ended my session last time. Essentially I have to take screenshots at the end of every game because FG does not retain token placement (it also appears to forget which tokens/creatures were unmasked/visible and which were still hidden).

Somewhat annoying.

Reosoul
April 20th, 2017, 00:50
Im thinking #4.
What it basically is suggesting is that your updater is not updating the correct install...
You may have reinstalled at some point and one or the other installs is pointing to a custom location.
Your shortcut is pointing to the .exe that isnt getting updated.

This was it. I'm not sure if it happened when I uninstalled/reinstalled, but my AppData is on another drive from my FG install, so I just had to point it to the right drive again. But this fixed it! Thanks man! :D

MarauderNET
April 20th, 2017, 03:13
Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for the help.

Could this be related to the cache system rewrite? I don't know since I don't use the character manager, so I have limited experience with what it does. It looks like the links to the tokens and portraits have changed in some way. It's possible that all that need be done is to relink the portraits and tokens. Also as noted above you need to reconnect to the original campaign to set things right again, but I don't know if these are characters from a campaign or campaigns or just local creations.

These are local characters and were created locally. Re-adding the portrait doesn't seem to make any difference. The token image doesn't change.

Can you drag the portrait of once PC onto his token field and see if it updates? Restart FG and see if it sticks? You may have to do a one time fix on the characters...

Unless there is some trick that I am not aware of, I can't drag the portrait over to the token when in the Manage Characters section. Just clicking drags the window and there isn't a key sequence that I can find that allows me to drag that image.

Thanks again for the help.

Todd

Trenloe
April 20th, 2017, 03:38
Unless there is some trick that I am not aware of, I can't drag the portrait over to the token when in the Manage Characters section.
Mokens don't mean anything in manage characters. They are only created/used when you add your PC to the GMs game. At that point, if a portrait exists for the PC, the token will be created based off the portrait within the GMs campaign.

Just ignore the token images in Manage Characters.

LordEntrails
April 20th, 2017, 03:39
On the PC portrait/token issue.

Just ran a game tonight with a fresh update (as of ~3 hours before the time of this post). One player reported his portraits weren't loading and a couple other related issues. I don't know the details yet. But, after a few minutes of being connected it resolved itself. So, I'm guessing with the cache changes that the player caches had to be updated and portraits re-downloaded.

MarauderNET
April 20th, 2017, 03:42
Mokens don't mean anything in manage characters. They are only created/used when you add your PC to the GMs game. At that point, if a portrait exists for the PC, the token will be created based off the portrait within the GMs campaign.

Just ignore the token images in Manage Characters.

Ok. Thanks. It is odd that they matched before, but I will rein in my OCD and just ignore the mismatch. Thanks.

Todd

Tubel
April 20th, 2017, 10:52
Ok I've trawled thru 16 pages and I don't think this has been mentioned yet. I'm getting some wonky results on a random encounter table i have in my campaign. It's s d666 table (don't ask but it makes sense) when i have it in a quick key slot it returns the exact same number every time. Spam that key and it comes back as, for example, 425 - 425 - 425...over and over again. If i click to roll it from the table itself it produces the random result, but when i use the quick key, returns the same value over and over.

Hope that description makes sense

Dave

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2017, 11:37
And this happens only on this table and no others? You are using no extensions? And it happens only on this table in a fresh campaign?

Andraax
April 20th, 2017, 12:16
Any table that does not use "standard" dice behaves this way - you cannot put the roll into a quick key slot. This has always been the case.

Moon Wizard
April 20th, 2017, 17:44
You can't place a table roll without physical dice onto a hot key. The number for non-physical dice is generated on drag.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
April 20th, 2017, 18:57
For the non-dice based tables: you can use the /rollon <tablename> chat command and drag that to a hot key.

Chat command info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Chat_Commands

maugrim8866
April 20th, 2017, 19:40
I havent not found where this has been reported before, so I thought I would go ahead.
Since updating to 3.3.0, I cannot quit the program from the right click menu the way I have done for years. If I right click and select exit, the program will hang and windows will report "Fantasy Grounds is not responding". I then have to kill the program from the Task Manager to exit.
If I right click and Select Exit to Launcher, the program will quit and exit to the FG launcher, I can then exit the launcher as expected.
Kinda weird

Windows 10 x64 OS.

Any ideas? Not a big deal, just wanted to make sure that was reported.

Moon Wizard
April 20th, 2017, 20:25
Does it happen for any campaign? Does it happen for a brand new campaign? Anybody else see this one?

Not seeing this on my machines.

Thanks,
JPG

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2017, 21:35
Does it happen for any campaign? Does it happen for a brand new campaign? Anybody else see this one?

Thanks,
JPG

Not seeing this either; same OS as the OP.

Talyn
April 20th, 2017, 21:38
Not here either and I've been doing 3.3.0 for a month+ on the test channel.

damned
April 21st, 2017, 00:49
Ok I've trawled thru 16 pages and I don't think this has been mentioned yet. I'm getting some wonky results on a random encounter table i have in my campaign. It's s d666 table (don't ask but it makes sense) when i have it in a quick key slot it returns the exact same number every time. Spam that key and it comes back as, for example, 425 - 425 - 425...over and over again. If i click to roll it from the table itself it produces the random result, but when i use the quick key, returns the same value over and over.

Hope that description makes sense

Dave

Any table that does not use "standard" dice behaves this way - you cannot put the roll into a quick key slot. This has always been the case.

You can't place a table roll without physical dice onto a hot key. The number for non-physical dice is generated on drag.

Regards,
JPG

Ahah! MoreCore has a physical d600 and d60 defined so this table might work there :)

maugrim8866
April 21st, 2017, 03:27

Thanks,
JPG

Does not matter what campaign or rule set I use, brand new or 2 year old campaign the same result.
But I figured it out!.
I was doing some testing with Duet Display (https://www.duetdisplay.com/) and running another instance on an connected iPad. which is pretty cool by the way.
This was the day before the patch. If I close Duet Display, Fantasy Grounds close as it always has.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Blackfoot
April 21st, 2017, 06:22
There seem to be some issues with the latest update causing FG to be interpreted as a virus by AVG.

Tubel
April 21st, 2017, 07:45
Oh ok, that makes sense. I must never have used it more than once in a night before hehe. Thanks :-)

Regards,
JPG

Sasmira
April 21st, 2017, 10:44
Another quick push to patch character converter for Pathfinder again (to fix database mismatch errors for feat/SA description details).

JPG

Hello,

I'm try to import a Hero Lab PC converted in FG and I have again the Skills Stat Empty ... the stat should be indicated correctly and not empty

You can try if you want with my example If this can help

thx for your help.
S.

Zacchaeus
April 21st, 2017, 11:00
There seem to be some issues with the latest update causing FG to be interpreted as a virus by AVG.

Indeed; one of many other threads (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37873-A-response-from-AVG-False-Alarm) on this subject.

Magnimost
April 22nd, 2017, 19:51

We're having similar issues with Combat Tracker. When I (GM) open it I get a popup similar to the first image in the quoted post. When some players open they get a ton of errors:

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_movedisplay.lua"]:14: attempt to index field 'movemodifier' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_movedisplay.lua"]:14: attempt to index field 'movemodifier' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct.lua"]:85: attempt to index local 'placesNode' (a nil value)

Some don't get any errors, and one has to always restart FG. This happens whenever I add NPCs to the Combat Tracker.

3.3.0, CoC, default theme. Same issue was with the previous version. Combat tracker works after the errors are gone, but game is pretty unplayable now.

Kronides
April 23rd, 2017, 10:00

I think the point needs to be made that it should never have been coded this way in the first place. It is not used by the rules, so why was it added at all?

Nickademus
April 23rd, 2017, 10:34
It was coded that way to make it easy to deal with immunity to critical hits. Not saying I agree with the reasoning, but as a separate damage type, the engine can just ignore the damage of 'critical' type rather than avoid the critical hit for creatures that are immune to crits. This is because the damage is processed before the immunities are checked.

damned
April 23rd, 2017, 10:53
I think the point needs to be made that it should never have been coded this way in the first place. It is not used by the rules, so why was it added at all?

It was probably coded this way so that it actually got coded.
If it is too hard to code compared to the times it comes up it wont get coded - not because its wrong/right/whatever but simply due to allocation of resources.

swbuza
April 23rd, 2017, 12:05
Which rules? There is more than one game system.

Barak
April 23rd, 2017, 22:57
I am having issues with links from modules that go to the Dungeon masters guide for 5e. Whenever I click on a link I get a blank sheet without any text that is referencing the DMG. I have tried to turn off the DMG module and turn it back on to no avail. Help please?

Zacchaeus
April 24th, 2017, 01:13
Which links in which modules? This won't be a general arbor but specific to some modules.

Barak
April 24th, 2017, 01:27
I was using the links from the DMG for 5e while playing SKT and my own homebrew campaign (just having the various links for things like random wilderness encounter and so forth)

ShadowM
April 24th, 2017, 05:50
I have noticed that if you have Item identification setting on that basic items now show up as not ID. I think in the previous version the basic equipment was all set to Identified so my pc can drag and drop when picking their equipment. It not that big of issue and I might be wrong. I can always switch it on after they pick their equipment.

poobah_1
April 28th, 2017, 19:19
So I have noticed a bug in the 3.3.0. Or at least I think it is a bug.

When NPC traits are realized...Regen or Damage. a diaglog box appears in the display window to the left and indicated what happened and to which NPC.....
even if that NPC is hidden.

That is a pretty bad mechanic as hidden NPC's would be revealed before the DM wants them to. NPC's hidden behind walls that are injured in an area of effect spell that the PC's dont see and the regen effect would be revealed. I could probably think of more instances where that would cause issues...but the regen and the ongoing damage are probably the best example.

Thanks

Poobah

LordEntrails
April 28th, 2017, 22:20
So I have noticed a bug in the 3.3.0. Or at least I think it is a bug.

When NPC traits are realized...Regen or Damage. a diaglog box appears in the display window to the left and indicated what happened and to which NPC.....
even if that NPC is hidden.

That is a pretty bad mechanic as hidden NPC's would be revealed before the DM wants them to. NPC's hidden behind walls that are injured in an area of effect spell that the PC's dont see and the regen effect would be revealed. I could probably think of more instances where that would cause issues...but the regen and the ongoing damage are probably the best example.

Thanks

Poobah
Did you verify this is being shown on a player view and not the DM client? There is lots of stuff put in the DM's chat that the players can't see.

poobah_1
April 28th, 2017, 23:43
Did you verify this is being shown on a player view and not the DM client? There is lots of stuff put in the DM's chat that the players can't see.

It was the players that let me know.

They asked " Where are these Trolls that just regenerated?"

The DM views have a ? mark, so I thought it was hidden, the regen action took place and they viewed it on their view.

Andraax
April 29th, 2017, 00:24
It was the players that let me know.

They asked " Where are these Trolls that just regenerated?"

The DM views have a ? mark, so I thought it was hidden, the regen action took place and they viewed it on their view.

They were probably watching the combat tracker.

carolinahusker
April 29th, 2017, 02:23
Does not matter what campaign or rule set I use, brand new or 2 year old campaign the same result.
But I figured it out!.
I was doing some testing with Duet Display (https://www.duetdisplay.com/) and running another instance on an connected iPad. which is pretty cool by the way.
This was the day before the patch. If I close Duet Display, Fantasy Grounds close as it always has.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Thanks for sharing. I was having the same problem.

Moon Wizard
April 29th, 2017, 06:39
poobah_1,

Thanks for reporting. It has always been this way, but I can see why it should probably be hidden. I'll add to the list of features to add.

Regards,
JPG

MerlinAmbrose
April 29th, 2017, 16:24

I am a player in Poobah's campaign, and I can verify it is shown on the player view.

poobah_1
April 29th, 2017, 17:07
Another issue.

May have already been reported.

All the images linked to my custom NPC's.....I have a lot of those....are broken. It states.

"Unable to open wildcard link because no module containing that link is open. Check you active library modules."

I have every library module open and it still gives me that error message. I really dont want to have to go and re-open every NPC and re-add a new image link.

Any thoughts?

Poobah

Moon Wizard
April 30th, 2017, 09:06
Which NPCs are throwing that error? What module are they from?

Regards,
JPG

HoloGnome
April 30th, 2017, 13:45
Is there going to be a fix for the Proficiency section on the Abilities tab to restore pop-ups?

poobah_1
April 30th, 2017, 15:27
Which NPCs are throwing that error? What module are they from?

Regards,
JPG

These NPC's are my custom NPC's that I link an image file to. For instance. I took the normal troll you have in the Monster Manual. And then I decided I wanted a githzerai monk to operate on it and give it a more intelligent mind. I called them, "Enlightened Trolls".

Now, in order to edit them and make them unique to the campaign, I copy the normal entry from the Monster Manual, to my custom group in the NPC window and then copy that entry. That way I can unlock the stats and edit to my hearts content.
But when I do that. The link for the image seems to be broken. My concern is that this mechanic would imply any custom NPC's with links to image files would loose the link.

PooBah

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2017, 14:24
HoloGnome,
The thought was that proficiencies are just a list of what the player is proficient in. i.e. "Armor: Light, Medium, Shield", "Weapon: Rapier, Short sword, Dagger", etc. This is how the official modules will work.
If you need something more advanced to track, you can track in the Class Abilities section.

poobah_1,
The pictures are not copied as part of the NPC records (for copyright reasons), so the original module you copied from will need to remain open for the link to work.

Regards,
JPG

HoloGnome
May 1st, 2017, 15:29
The thought was that proficiencies are just a list of what the player is proficient in. i.e. "Armor: Light, Medium, Shield", "Weapon: Rapier, Short sword, Dagger", etc. This is how the official modules will work.
If you need something more advanced to track, you can track in the Class Abilities section.

Unfortunately, the reduction in function and usability for that section isn't well-conceived and represents loss of functionality (and data loss) for all existing users.

For example, below are the entries from the proficiency section from one of my characters (now completely stripped away - copied and pasted from a saved xml):
---
Martial Weapons
Light Melee Weapons:\nButterfly Sword, Dogslicer, Gladius, Handaxe, Iron Brush, Jutte, Kerambit, Kukri, Light Hammer, Light Pick, LIght Shield, Lungchuan Tamo, Sap, Shang Gou, Shortsword, Spiked Armor, Spiked Light Shield, Starknife, Throwing Axe, Tonfa, Wushu Dart\n\nOne-Handed Melee Weapons:\nBattleaxe, Double Chicken Sabre, Heavy Pick, Heavy Shield, Klar, Light Flail, Longsword, Nine-Ring Broadsword, Rapier, Scimitar, Scizore, Sibat, Spiked Heavy Shield, Sword Cane, Terbutje, Trident, Warhammer

Dwarven Weapons
Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word "dwarven" in its name as a martial weapon.

Simple Weapons
Unarmed Attacks:\nUnarmed Strike\n\nLight Melee Weapons:\nBattle Aspergillum, Brass Knuckles, Cestus, Dagger, Gauntlet, Light Mace, Punching Dagger, Sickle, Spiked Gauntlet, Wooden Stake\n\nOne-Handed Melee Weapons:\nClub, Heavy Mace, Mere Club, Morningstar, Shortspear\n\nTwo-Handed Melee Weapons:\nBayonet Boar Spear, Longspear, Quarterstaff, Spear\n\nRanged Weapons:\nBlowgun, Dart, Heavy Crossbow, Javelin, Light Crossbow, Sling, Underwater Heavy Crossbow, Underwater Light Crossbow\n</description>

Medium Armor
Haramaki, Padded, Quilted Cloth, Silken Ceremonial, Lamellar Cuirass, Leather, Parade, Studded Leather, Wooden, Chain Shirt, Lamellar (Leather)
Light Armor
Armored Coat, Hide, Do-Maru, Kikko, Lemellar (Horn), Scale Mail, Agile Breastplate, Breastplate, Chainmail, Four-Mirror, Lamellar (Steel), Mountain Pattern

Shields (Except Tower)
Buckler, Klar, Light Steel Quickdraw, Light Steel, Light Wooden Quickdraw, Light Wooden, Madu (Leather), Madu (Steel), Heavy Steel, Heavy Wooden
---

Anyway, you get the idea. So, when FG eliminated the pop-up, it caused data loss of anything that users happened to have entered in the proficiency pop-up windows on their character sheets. Secondly, because of the number of things that could be listed there (for example, to maintain a quick class reference in the character sheet), the new implementation causes endless spew based on the short line width and small viewing area. I used to be able to just click on an entry and pull up the list of what I wanted to see from my list of 5 things (as in the above case).

Also, it would have been a good programmatic/code choice to retain the functionality to display and recognize existing data instead of just throwing it away. Or, just not make the change in the first place and allow that section to be more consistent with the other 3 on that tab and retain the higher level of usability.

What is the (real or perceived) problem with retaining pop-ups in the proficiency section for those who wish to use them? From the user side, the new way doesn't seem to represent any value or improvement. The previous code had a static list, if that's how you wanted or needed to use it, and it's a simple programmatic task to reference it either way.

poobah_1
May 2nd, 2017, 19:06
Hi Moon,
Makes sense about the copywrite. But that is my point. These are MM npc's. I have that module open all the time. Once I delete the link and create a new image link, it works fine. I just have over 300 NPC,s that I modified from the the template NPC's in the MM. I would like to be able to show the PC's what they look like.

Magnimost
May 6th, 2017, 20:03
We're having similar issues with Combat Tracker. When I (GM) open it I get a popup similar to the first image in the quoted post. When some players open they get a ton of errors:

Some don't get any errors, and one has to always restart FG. This happens whenever I add NPCs to the Combat Tracker.

3.3.0, CoC, default theme. Same issue was with the previous version. Combat tracker works after the errors are gone, but game is pretty unplayable now.

Still some issues remain after upgrading to 3.3.0. LUA errors occur when opening Combat Tracker, and when GM adds monsters to the tracker.

Moving toons on the map doesn't cause any issues anymore and no crashes occur. These were the main issues, so big thanks!

edit: nevermind, still crashes with one player when I (GM) un-mask areas.

HoloGnome
May 6th, 2017, 20:32
The image identification feature now has a preference to drive it. However, if you change the name in the title bar of the image, there is no way to recover the original filename.

For example:
1. Load a campaign with an image called npc_file_bug
2. Open the image npc_file_bug and change the name to "Scary Software Arthropod"
3. Even though the file is called npc_file_bug, there appears to be no way to recover the original filename (like by deleting the name "Scary Software Arthropod").

Expected: Minimally, deleting a custom image name from the image title bar should be a flag for FG to revert to the default filename for the image, or there should be a reset button or similar functionality to recover the original name.

Andraax
May 6th, 2017, 21:19
"Delete" the image in the image list in FG. Then click on the "Folder" button, and immediately close the folder window that shows up. The image name will now be reset.

HoloGnome
May 6th, 2017, 22:59
"Delete" the image in the image list in FG. Then click on the "Folder" button, and immediately close the folder window that shows up. The image name will now be reset.

Thanks. It would be nice if FG actually fixed this issue so that the name would reset in a more intuitive manner. Right click - reset name, for example. Or delete name and default to original.

HoloGnome
May 9th, 2017, 01:03
Have the following suggestions for the Feat/Trait pop-up used under the "Feats" section of the Abilities tab.

1. Add a field for Category: Feat or Trait (or use the Type field for that and let Category be the category of the feat or trait: combat, religion, etc.). It would be nice to be able to sort for either feats or traits, especially if there is an automated builder down the road (or better import from Hero Lab, etc.). It needs more granularity.
2. Add a field for Description. Feats and Traits have either descriptive or flavor text and there's no where for it to go, except under Benefit, and it doesn't really belong there.
3. Add a field for Source at the bottom. Currently, there's no way to see where a feat or trait comes from. There should be a place for the source/page.
4. A URL field might also be nice.
5. Add a field for copyright info. Currently missing and content may be copyrighted.

HoloGnome
May 9th, 2017, 16:46
Fantasy grounds needs a way to dynamically show AC and CMD based on all effects currently in the combat tracker. I tried to use FG at a live gaming table again last night, and not being able to query actual AC and CMD was an impediment vs. all the wildshape effects and other modifiers I had in the CT. I had to manually calculate everything out while really needing to give an immediate answer to the GM. I have added this as a feature request to informer, but anything you could do to resolve this issue would be very helpful.

HoloGnome
May 10th, 2017, 07:13
CMD calculations in the combat tracker are not correct. Size penalities to AC should not count against CMD. So AC penalties with the size type should not be included.

For example:
Huge Size; AC: -2 size; ATK: -2 size; CMB: 4 size; CMD: 2 size; SKILL: -8 stealth; SKILL: -4 fly
Huge Animal; STR: 6 size; DEX: -4 size; AC: 6 natural

Net CMD benefit is: -0 AC (not included), +2 CMD size mod, +3 strength, -2 DEX = +3 total (rather than +1)

[reference: bestiary stat blocks, also the fact that size bonuses do not stack and the CMD bonus and AC penalty are both size bonuses]

drvolk
May 11th, 2017, 06:27
With the latest Update of FG 3.3.0 i get an exception when starting the Updater or the Settings from FG (i use "wine" (playonlinux) under a linux system).

Unhandled Exception:
System.InvalidProgramException: Missing or incorrect header for method *‫*‏
[05/11/17 07:11:02] - Running wine- FantasyGrounds.exe %F (Working directory : /home/fguser/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/FantasyGrounds/drive_c/Program Files/Fantasy Grounds)

I use the wine version wine-2.3 (Statging) on a Gentoo Linux.

This is the latest update.log of FG:

$ cat update.log
Getting packages from FG server
Starting update check
Getting purchases from FG server
Checking package FantasyGroundsUpdater for updates
updating FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe
updating UpdaterEngine.exe
Priority update check complete

FG itself works still fine. Because i even cannot start the "Settings" i could not enable the "DEBUG" flags and check which branch i
currenty selected (it could be the dev or test ...)

===================

UPDATE : Problem solved (seams to be a "Dev" branch issue)

==================

I downloaded the FGWebInstall.exe and executed it with playonlinux with in the old virtual drive for my FG Installation and set in the setting the branch to "test" instead "Dev". This fixes the problem for me :)

Moon Wizard
May 12th, 2017, 18:05
drvollk,

I will be pushing that new updater to Live in the next couple of weeks. It specifically uses .Net 4.6 which is available for all versions of Windows from Vista onward.

* Are you running the Wine wrapper from Steam installation, or one you set up yourself?
* Can you try installing .Net 4.6 in your wine wrapper, and try again?

Thanks,
JPG

mortiferus93
May 13th, 2017, 15:22
Hi,

I recently bought Herolab to create my chars and import them into Fantasy Grounds, but I ran into an issue:

Everything was imported correctly but the spells (tested with Ranger, Bard and Sorcerer)

Bidmaron
May 13th, 2017, 16:15
Welcome to FG and our community! Go to Post 3 here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38273-Question-converting-PF-characters-from-HeroLab) and follow Trenloe's recommendation. But you have to be brave with XML.

Sasmira
May 13th, 2017, 16:53
Welcome to FG and our community! Go to Post 3 here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?38273-Question-converting-PF-characters-from-HeroLab) and follow Trenloe's recommendation. But you have to be brave with XML.

Yes, but it's better that the converter is set for this problem

mortiferus93
May 13th, 2017, 17:42
Thanks for the welcome^^

Unfortunately the recommendation doesn't work...

Moon Wizard
May 14th, 2017, 07:28
Only prepared/memorized spells are imported into the PC sheet in order to prevent the PC sheet from being flooded with every possible spell selection. You can add additional spells from the Spell modules (3.5E/PFRPG) or Core Rules (PFRPG).

Regards,
JPG

drvolk
May 14th, 2017, 09:54
drvollk,

I will be pushing that new updater to Live in the next couple of weeks. It specifically uses .Net 4.6 which is available for all versions of Windows from Vista onward.

* Are you running the Wine wrapper from Steam installation, or one you set up yourself?
* Can you try installing .Net 4.6 in your wine wrapper, and try again?

Thanks,
JPG

Hi JPG,

i did not use the steam-wrapper, but "playonlinux". .NET seams to be not installed on my FG virtual drive, but .NET4.6 currently seams to be not supported by "playonlinux" so i did install .NET40.
That solved some problems, e.g. i could start the "Settings" and change things there. But the Update chrashed at the end with an exception. Maybe it works as soons as i could install .NEt46, i let you know when i tried that !

mortiferus93
May 14th, 2017, 13:03
Hi JPG,

thanks for your answer.

Even my prepared spells (in my case ranger) aren't converted.

Cheers

Trenloe
May 14th, 2017, 13:22
Even my prepared spells (in my case ranger) aren't converted.
I've just done a test with a ranger. Memorized spells don't come across with the character converter. But, if you edit the .hlfg file: move all of the <spell> entries from <spellsmemorized> to <spellsknown>, then save the .hlfg file and use this with the character converter, it will convert into FG with the spells. I've just tested this and doing that editing works fine for me.

drvolk
May 15th, 2017, 06:44
@JPC

It seams to be quite difficult to install .NET4.6 within Linux "Wine". As i read in the Wine documentation "Mono", the opensource .NET framework, is the prevered way to use .NET functionality within "Wine" (.NET4.6 e.g. is not open source etc.).

"Mono" is also installed within "Wine" by default in newer versions.

I will try a fresh install of FG (Dev) and set some debug flags within the "Mono" framework , so i could send you more information in the case the new FGUpater will not work with Wine and Mono.

Moon Wizard
May 15th, 2017, 08:13
@drvolk
Zeus was able to get 4.6 loaded on our Wine wrapper for internal testing. We're still working out a couple other items, but I'll ask him to document how he did it once we're finished smoothing out the wrinkles.

@mortiferus93/Trenloe,
I just checked out the converter code in detail, since I was trying to go by memory before. The spells under both the spellsknown tag and the spellbook tag are converted when a character is moved over. I just pushed a beta version of the character converter to the Test channel, which also grabs spellsmemorized. However, it could create duplicates for Wizard/Cleric/etc. I ran a few tests and didn't see any with the stock wizard and cleric. I'm sort of curious why the spells don't display in the Spells Known or Spell Book section, if the PC can memorize them.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
May 15th, 2017, 16:22
@mortiferus93/Trenloe,
I'm sort of curious why the spells don't display in the Spells Known or Spell Book section, if the PC can memorize them.
It looks like at some point Hero Lab has moved from listing "Spells Known" for casters that can select from anything on the list - i.e. they don't have a spell book, mutagen list, etc. that they are restricted to. Even in the Hero Lab interface you can't add spells to a spells known list (at last I can't see how) - you just go off the main list presented when you change spells prepared (memorized).

So, hopefully, now tracking spellsmemorized will help get over this issue. Thanks for doing an update. :)

Nylanfs
May 15th, 2017, 17:08
That's annoying, They should copy us where you can setup different lists of prepared spells in addition your prepared spells.

HoloGnome
May 15th, 2017, 22:33
Placing tokens from the encounter window to preset the encounter positions doesn't correctly show the highlighted area around the token when viewing them at 80% of grid. It's not a problem for small tokens, but is a problem with huge, colossal, etc. tokens. The encounter setup should include the same shaded border that we see when dragging from the combat tracker.

HoloGnome
June 27th, 2017, 10:18
Please improve the weapons layout on the actions tab. It has a number of long-standing issues: poor use of available space, name text is cut off and unreadable, there aren't enough iteratives even to cover basic BAB or multi-attackers and the damage types jam together causing vertical extension. With a simple re-layout to a 3-line entry, there is room for a full name, 12 attacks and all damage types. The net result is something that is far more user-friendly and usable vs. the current layout. For simple weapon types, you could probably get away with 2 lines, but the damage types might still force extension to the space needed for 3. So, you might as well use 3. In the end, it might be much cleaner.

Also, it would be nice to be able to flag certain attacks as using 1/2 stat bonus on damage to account for off-hand/secondary attacks in the same weapons entry. For example, the box showing the attack box could be shaded or have some other UI indicator like a dot in the corner of the specific attack box. Maybe there is also a way to account for things like archer many-shot without having to multi-click or shift-click - not sure. And, as a new feature, it would be nice to have different BAB models for auto-fill, including using the same attack bonus for all boxes, standard BAB, etc.

ChipDancer
July 16th, 2020, 19:10
My own version of the Pathfinder Core Rules module was putting those all in Feats. I am happy to say that it works now by changing the window class; although Proficiences links aren't working for some reason. No icons.

If I may ask, how did you get the character importer to use your own modules for Pathfinder, which I assume are the purchased ones, to work? I didn't see an option to change the modules used during character import, which all seem to be the generic included Pathfinder SRDs???