PDA

View Full Version : Please help can no longer open FG and have a game tonight and tomorrow.

Shish
April 14th, 2017, 17:30
Had an update for the client today and when i clicked it my antivirus said it was infect with a virus. Being an amateur I let the antivirus deal with it. I think i may of partially deleted it. Now when i try to open it i have to update it but when i update it says. Unable to update some products. Please contact. I've tried uninstalling and it just brings me back to the same thing. Also can no longer find a launcher. Just the updater.

Not the best with Pc's but have a game tonight and tomorrow that im suppose to run can someone please help.

Gwydion
April 14th, 2017, 17:32
First of all, welcome to the forum. Sorry that this is your first post! Second, if your antivirus is AVG, look at this thread which was started this morning. Even if you don't use AVG, it might help. Hopefully damned or someone can jump in and help

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37783-FG-3-3-0-update-AVG-reports-infected-FG-exe

Shish
April 14th, 2017, 17:34
Yeah i have AVG, damn hopefully there's a fix on that thread thanks

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2017, 17:35
Hi Shish. As noted in that thread and in others the way FG updates can cause some AV products to not like it. The solution is to manually tell your AV that FG is actually playing nice and how that is done will depend on your AV. If you don't know how to do that you should be able to get help either from the inline help (if there is one) or certainly from the online help guide of your AV software.

Shish
April 14th, 2017, 17:38
thank you guys for the quick reply. Currently doing a scan (assumed that my pc was just infected at first) once thats done ill see if i can figure out how to allow certain programs. hopefully that helps thanks again

Shish
April 14th, 2017, 17:56
Alright so after creating some exceptions with avg it seems the crisis is adverted. Client seems to be back up and running as usual. Thank you guys. Game nights are saved.

Gwydion
April 14th, 2017, 18:09
Alright so after creating some exceptions with avg it seems the crisis is adverted. Client seems to be back up and running as usual. Thank you guys. Game nights are saved.

Excellent! Yay game night! :)