PDA

View Full Version : Primeval Thule - Anyone play it?

Aztecace
April 14th, 2017, 17:09
I was part of the Primeval Thule kickstarter and I am excited to see it playable in FG. Has anyone run a game in FG? And how did it go?

NotRussellCrowe
April 14th, 2017, 18:11
Hi, Aztecace, and welcome to Fantasy Grounds community!

I ran the first two adventures from the book and they went well. I didn't really use the setting flavour, at least I didn't feel like I ran it differently than a generic fantasy setting. Other than that I think it went well, the adventures--at least the first two--are pretty fun and easy. Overall I'm happy with Primeval Thule, just need to find the time to get back into it.

Happy gaming!

Aztecace
April 15th, 2017, 23:40
Do you only need the 5E SRD or does it require the Players Handbook, Monster Manual, and DM's Guide?

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2017, 00:22
I can't remember, it's a while since I did those. Usually adventures include everything you need to play, but in some 3rd party stuff that isn't always the case. If anything though it may be the Primeal Thule sourcebooks that might be handy to have, but honestly I can't remember.

timdog88
April 16th, 2017, 03:50
It could be played fine with just the SRD, of course you'd only have access to the SRD class and archetype combos. I bought all the Thule stuff on fantasy grounds, and I think it's pretty good. I have run 3-4 one shots with it and read through the book. I'd like to find more time to play it myself.

Aztecace
April 16th, 2017, 04:01
Ok I bought the Thule stuff, D&D Core Classes, and Call of Cthulhu 7th. Now to figure out this Fantasy Grounds thing. :p

LordEntrails
April 16th, 2017, 06:24
Ok I bought the Thule stuff, D&D Core Classes, and Call of Cthulhu 7th. Now to figure out this Fantasy Grounds thing. :p
Let us know how that goes:)

As you probably know, their is the user manual, the wiki, the forums and LOTS of videos to draw on. If you are still stuck, then just ask :)

timdog88
April 16th, 2017, 12:02
My mouse was hovering over the new call of Cthulhu the other day, but I'm just not sure I have time to learn a new system to run. If love to play it some time though.

Talyn
April 16th, 2017, 16:21
As you probably know, their is the user manual, the wiki, the forums and LOTS of videos to draw on. If you are still stuck, then just ask :)

Don't forget the Discord! You can usually get answers pretty fast, and the Discord community has been very friendly and helpful.

My mouse was hovering over the new call of Cthulhu the other day, but I'm just not sure I have time to learn a new system to run. If love to play it some time though.

Do iiiiiiiit! :)