PDA

View Full Version : [Quick Question] Setting up a table

Wolfheart
April 14th, 2017, 06:57
Hello all,
I'm in the process of converting some random tables from print to Fantasy Grounds for an upcoming session and it struck me how cumbersome it is to manually fill in all the dice numbers. I mean, if I know I am going to do a table with 100 entries, it would be a lot easier to just click a button and have a 1d100 table at the ready instead of manually typing 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 ... 100 (a time-consuming hassle if ever there was one).

Then I thought, hey, maybe I'm overlooking something because this should absolutely be an option - a pre-setup table (in addition to the "free" form). But I can't find anything about it.

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 07:06
Have you try clicking on the Add Table By Size button on the campaign tables list? It's the green grid button that appears have you click on the brown pencil/slash button. There's a 100 row option.

Regards,
JPG

Wolfheart
April 14th, 2017, 07:10
Whoa, thanks for the quick reply! I will check it out immediately. Thanks!

Wolfheart
April 14th, 2017, 07:18
I can't figure it out, I have read this stuff (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables#Create_the_Table) but nowhere can I produce a radial menu that allows me to set the number of rows immediately.

To be clear I am looking for a way to set up a table fast. I want a 1d100 table with each number so I don't have to write in all those one hundred numbers. This is in CoreRPG, by the way!

EDIT: One second later I found the button. It's hard to see, what can I say!

Again thanks for your swift aid :) And YAY just what I hoped for :) :)

(Now for those exploding dice... ;) :p)

Wolfheart
April 14th, 2017, 07:24
This brings me to a related question, not out of dire need but out of curiosity - is there a way to set up a table like this to roll for example 4d10? Perhaps a bit difficult to implement..
(No stress I'm happy now)

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 07:50
By default the table will attempt to roll 1dN where N is the highest number on the table. If you want to specify specific dice to be rolled, you can drag dice to the dice field at the top of the table record.

Check out this wiki link as well.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables

Cheers,
JPG

Wolfheart
April 14th, 2017, 07:54
Thanks again, yeah all right.
As a note from a customer, maybe the "pre-generate table button" (sorry no idea what to call it) shouldn't be hidden and be more obviously available?
Have a fine day!
:)

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2017, 10:54
I can't figure it out, I have read this stuff (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Tables#Create_the_Table) but nowhere can I produce a radial menu that allows me to set the number of rows immediately.

That wiki article is slightly out of date now, since when it was written there was an actual radial menu. However in the last release that was removed and the little green icon replaced it. When I get some time I'll be updating all of the wiki articles to reflect some of the changes that have taken place recently.