PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics for Powers?

Laerun
April 14th, 2017, 06:14
DnD 5e, when you have a class like the bard, he/she has some skills (powers) that are mainly a role play ability or skill, but do have applied effects to skill checks, or the like... How does that work as a custom power on the actions tab? Is there some syntax or method to use the very versatile multi-threaded "Bardic Inspiration'? I know do how to create simple action dice mechanics to perform specific effects, like healing from a potion, a custom spell, etc... Should I make three different custom action powers to convey all the actions of Bardic Inspiration, it can affect three different independent die rolls depending on the situation...

:confused:

Laerun

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2017, 07:12
I usually add drag and drop Bardic Inspiration onto the Actions tab, then set it as part of a Bardic Inspiration group. In that way, I can set the DCs and # uses separately for that group, and add additional powers in the same group that use Bardic Inspiration uses to power them.

Once you have each power added, you can right click on each of them to add a cast action (attack and/or save), damage action, heal action or effect action.

I'll have to take a snapshot of my Sunday streaming character next time I'm on, since he's a Bard/Cleric multiclass with a Cleric Spell List, a Bard Spell List, Channel Divinity, Domain Powers, Bardic Inspiration, Bardic Powers, and Items.

Cheers,
JPG

damned
April 14th, 2017, 09:16
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27331-Effects-The-Complete-Bard-Package