hello I'm a long time gamer but new to vvt
I live in organ PDT
looking for anytime after 6pm week day or anytime on weekend
willing to play other systems as well I
have discord if that helps

vodokar
April 14th, 2017, 06:00
Welcome, Dellvin.

The best way to get a game is to visit the forums each day and actively respond to GM posts inviting players. Most gamemasters will expect you to seek their games out and not the other way around. Let's face it, GM's put in tons and of time preparing games. Help them out and look thu the posts they put up and let them know of your interest. Also, some people use the game scheduling calendar or make announcements on discord.

Additional advice, we hold a virtual convention twice a year (last one was just last weekend and next being in october), that's a great way to meet people and get exposed to new gaming systems in a friendly - we are happy to teach new comers way. We ran games last weekend in 4 hour time slots from friday morning until sunday evening. So, put that on your calendar for later in the year.

In the meantime, just be alert and persistent. You might get lucky and have a GM see your post and invite you. It could happen. But, like everywhere else, there are always more players than gamemasters, so, being proactive and seeking them out is the best way to go about it. Likewise, if you are willing to GM something, anything, your sure to pick up some players.

I know you've lots to learn about Fantasy Grounds. I've been using it since 2009 and still seem to learn something new everyday. Some of the crew will sure to be around tonight or tomorrow to give some additional advices to get started, with links to video tutorials and such. In the mean time, here is a link to the manual (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FantasyGroundsUserManual.pdf)

dulux-oz
April 14th, 2017, 06:06
Hi Dellvin, and Welcome! to the Community,

If you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

JohnD
April 14th, 2017, 06:15
Welcome! Some good advice above already.

Teufelhunde87
April 14th, 2017, 13:18
hello I'm a long time gamer but new to vvt
I live in organ PDT
looking for anytime after 6pm week day or anytime on weekend
willing to play other systems as well I
have discord if that helps

I run some 5e AL module from time to time. Keep your eyes peeled! When I first started, I lurked the LFG folder daily . Games can fill fast.
Greg

Blackwolf
April 19th, 2017, 16:17
Hey don't know weather you got a group yet I sent you a pm Saturday about a possible spot for my group.

Laerun
April 20th, 2017, 00:34
Same with me, I can DM. I am PST as well.