PDA

View Full Version : Complete dungeon master guide

NoFxJohnson
April 13th, 2017, 23:50
Just watched the tutorial on YouTube for the d&d dungeon masters guide. Looks AMAZING. This may be a stupid question, but I tried to look before I asked. I saw the link to the Pathfinder gamemastery guide, but it appears to be all about NPCs. It also has a lot of good random generators in it. Is there something for Pathfinder on FG that serves the same or similar purpose as the d&d dungeon masters guide?

Trenloe
April 13th, 2017, 23:53
For Pathfinder the main Core Rules covered both player and GM specifics. Chapters 12 onward are GM specific.

On FG you can find a number of modules come with the product: Basic Rules (player orientated), Spells, Magic Items and Bestiary. There are also a lot of community produced OGL modules here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules Which give a lot of reference material and tools for the GM.

NoFxJohnson
April 13th, 2017, 23:56
I get that the rules are there, but watching this video, FG can fully generate a random story for d&d. Is there a way to do that with Pathfinder?

Trenloe
April 13th, 2017, 23:58
I get that the rules are there, but watching this video, FG can fully generate a random story for d&d. Is there a way to do that with Pathfinder?
OK, that's what you're interested in. I'm not aware of this type of story generation already setup in the base Pathfinder products. You can certainly do it yourself though - use the story template functionality: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Story_Templates

NoFxJohnson
April 14th, 2017, 00:10
Ok, I see, I'll just need to create the tables for Pathfinder? Or, would I just make sure the 3.5 magic book is open in the library? I think I see the mechanics of it. Just, if I'm not mistaken, the random item/magic/npc/details tables don't yet exist. Thanks for responding

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 00:13
If you're using Pathfinder use the PFRPG modules, not the 3.5E ones.

Have a look at some of the modules in the module list I linked above - especially post #3 and maybe the "Pathfinder Magic Items generator" module.

And also keep an eye out for when the official Pathfinder Core Rules comes out... ;)

NoFxJohnson
April 14th, 2017, 00:20
Thanks, will do