PDA

View Full Version : A wish-list for 5e Companions Tab, etc...

Laerun
April 13th, 2017, 23:46
Hello FG, community. After creating a Ranger PC, a Warlock, and a Paladin PC, I realized that I wish FG would have a mechanism to have or add a character sheet tab for characters' mounts, pets, familiars, animal companions, aerial servants, or even a temporary Genie or Djinn. I would also like most or all the Syntax for that to be included as well. I think there is enough classes and situations for this type of add-on or mechanism... ;)

~Laerun~
:D

Trenloe
April 13th, 2017, 23:57
Do them as either an additional PC or as a NPC record shared with you as the GM.

I think that your requirements would be too complex for a single tab in the PC sheet.

There is already something similar to this on the FG feature request site: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=108504 Go vote for it!

Laerun
April 14th, 2017, 00:03
Ty, I did vote, thanks! Is this the correct forum for this type of post?

Trenloe
April 14th, 2017, 00:15
If you want to make feature requests then log them in the wishlist I linked above. That is where the FG developers primarily look and track requests. If your request is already there then don't add anything new and there's really no need to start a forum thread for a request that already exists. It's there, the devs are aware and will look at it.

damned
April 14th, 2017, 00:41
You can post it here as well so that it can be discussed but make sure you enter it or vote for it on the wishlist.

1derwood
April 14th, 2020, 01:03
It seems odd this hasn't been added in, considering that there are many NPC creature companions that level with the character. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and I have a player who has a Ranger Beastmaster, yet there is no easy way for us to create this quintessential component. Do the devs ever read these forums? It seems like this has been an issue for 10 years.

Griogre
April 14th, 2020, 01:07
Honestly, creature companions are just NPC monsters customized and made friendly. Share the custom NPC with the player and have them drag roll off of them and you're done. I've done it that way for years, obviously YMWV.

LordEntrails
April 14th, 2020, 02:09
It seems odd this hasn't been added in, considering that there are many NPC creature companions that level with the character. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and I have a player who has a Ranger Beastmaster, yet there is no easy way for us to create this quintessential component. Do the devs ever read these forums? It seems like this has been an issue for 10 years.
The devs read these forums regularly (most days their are responses from one or more of them).

As you may have noticed, their are hundreds or thousands of valuable ideas for improvement. Not all of them can be implemented simply due to time and resources. The devs are very good at prioritizing these things. One of the ways they do this is using the wishlist, so make sure you vote on the ideas on the wishlist so your voice can be heard and tracked.