PDA

View Full Version : How to create Effects?

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 13th, 2017, 17:06
How does GURPS now based on CoreRPG have some way to create an effect and when I insert it into the target, I get some modifications?
Example:
Crawling - it gives me 4 * in melee attack -3 on my active defenses -2 † to be hit and my move drops to 1/3 (+2 per hex).
That is whenever using this effect built into it is already that modification ...

ronnke
April 14th, 2017, 07:41
The effects come directly from CoreRPG. so whatever you can do in core you can do in GURPS. To my knowledge there is no way to apply modifications.

Andraax
April 14th, 2017, 14:48
CoreRPG effects are basically notes that show up in the chat window, that you can also expire automatically. So, you could apply an effect of "Crawling" to an actor and every time their turn comes up in the CT, you will be reminded they're crawling. I believe that you can add a duration, and the effect will be automatically removed after that number of rounds - so that can remind you when spell effects end or whatever.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
April 14th, 2017, 15:49
Understood.
Thanks Ronnke and Andraax.

seycyrus
April 14th, 2017, 22:30
CoreRPG effects are basically ... I believe that you can add a duration, and the effect will be automatically removed after that number of rounds ...

I think you are correct that CoreRPG effects have a duration, but I don't think that funtionality is integrated into the current GURPS ruleset. Pretty sure it's on the to-do list, tho.

Andraax
April 14th, 2017, 22:42
Just checked. CoreRPG effects do *not* have a duration, hence GURPS does not either.

seycyrus
April 15th, 2017, 01:44
Just checked. CoreRPG effects do *not* have a duration, ... Does anyone have any idea which rulesets have effects with durations?

Honken
April 16th, 2017, 20:49
Does anyone have any idea which rulesets have effects with durations?

Well, the D20 ones do? I know for a Pathfinder does.

/H

Andraax
April 16th, 2017, 22:44
I think *most* of the CoreRPG derived ones do. 3.5, Pathfinder, 4E, 5E, Castles and Crusades.