PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Weeknight Game Tue Wed Thurs or Fri CST US Time Zone prefer D&D

Ike1947
April 12th, 2017, 23:23
FG License: Standard
Time Zone: GMT -6, US CST
Days Available: Pretty much all four week days, each week, afternoons through late night.
Looking for a long-term campaign, I've read the intro material to Western Marches and that looks like a fun way to play!
Voice: I have TS, have used Ventrilo, can download and use whatever is in use in the campaign.
Game System Preferred: D&D 3.5, but willing to learn 5e which seems to be the current popular favorite.
Game System Experience: Started with D&D Original, didn't like 2e, played 3 and 3.5, but never played 4e or 5e. Also played and DM'd with D&D, Chivalry & Sorcery, ICE, Harn, Traveller, NWN1 & 2 online; Gemstone II and III, and a bunch of newer PFS's and FRPG's online, LOTRO, Asheron's Call, EverCrack, and some others. Haven't played face to face in about 25 years, but have played online in the last few years.
Fantasy Grounds: Utter newbie, just purchase it a few minutes ago; can and will view video tutorials on YouTube, etc and have the printed pdf manual and link to wiki.

I like playing a rogue best, an archer or ranger type and a cleric. I don't do well as a "tank" and until I see the 5e rules on magic and related topics don't know if I'd be a good spell-slinger.

Me? I'm retired, have too much time on my hands. I enjoy roleplaying, but the entire session doesn't have to be all RP; some of the fun in the old days was the table chatter and friendly jibes and jokes. Of course, I'd have to get to know folks before I'd be comfortable doing much of that. Generally speaking, I'm flexible.