PDA

View Full Version : Pack Mule?

goodmanje
April 12th, 2017, 02:49
How would you handle a pack mule that is carrying most of a part's equipment? Create an actual character for it? Of just use an NPC sheet and add it as an ally?

Nickademus
April 12th, 2017, 04:20
In most games I've seen this in, the GM uses the Party Sheet inventory as a container for what the mule is holding. That way any player can take from or put items on it.

goodmanje
April 12th, 2017, 04:48
Good idea, I went ahead and created a character for the mule but there is the problem of players not being able to remove gear. Thanks!

Mortar
April 12th, 2017, 12:29
I wouldn't bother with the creation of a character/npc sheet to use. Just drop it all in the Party Sheet.

Talyn
April 12th, 2017, 12:47
I suppose (maybe?) a Treasure Parcel might work too. Give it a title of Pack Mule or whatever, and I think (for those of you who /export) that data would export where the Party Sheet will not.

Nickademus
April 12th, 2017, 17:33
I'd have to test, but I'm not sure that a player can add and remove from a shared parcel. I think they can drag an item out which will make a copy in their inventory, but it would have to be removed by the GM. Then again, I could be wrong.

Trenloe
April 12th, 2017, 17:34
I suppose (maybe?) a Treasure Parcel might work too. Give it a title of Pack Mule or whatever, and I think (for those of you who /export) that data would export where the Party Sheet will not.
The problem with a treasure parcel is that the players can't add to it (only the GM can) and if the players drag an item out of the parcel it doesn't change the parcel quantity.

Use the party sheet - players can drag items to/from it and it adjusts the quantities. It also reports to the chat window who is doing what in terms of transferring items.

Talyn
April 12th, 2017, 17:42
Oh gotcha, wasn't considering players adding to the Mule themselves...

I guess you could use the Inventory Sheet then if the GM needs to export or switch campaign files he could drag out of there into a Parcel?

Trenloe
April 12th, 2017, 17:44
I guess you could use the Inventory Sheet then if the GM needs to export or switch campaign files he could drag out of there into a Parcel?
If swapping campaigns was required, it is probably easier to move items into a temporary Pack Mule PC and export that with the other PCs.

goodmanje
April 12th, 2017, 18:20
How is it generally handled if a PC has the beast master edge and has an animal companion? Would you use an NPC sheet or a regular character sheet? I like all these ideas but I'm wondering if it's worth it to be able to track the mules health and such.... I guess it would depend on how disposable the mule is to the party. I don't think players can add or remove items from a character sheet though so the inventory sheet still sounds like the place to keep the gear.

Trenloe
April 12th, 2017, 18:21
Use a NPC sheet for stats, combat, etc..