PDA

View Full Version : UK player LFG - willing to try something new

Maasq
April 11th, 2017, 22:42
EDIT: Thank you to everyone for the offers. I am fully committed now!

Hey folks

I am Scottish, 50 as of last weekend (though my mind and body seem to disagree on this one), and interested in trying out another ruleset. I have always been faithful to D&D - it was my first love as 1E, we grew through 2E together, then went our separate ways for a couple of decades before falling spectacularly in love again this year in 5E. I have one game going on FG, and I am building my own campaign to DM, but I'd like to get more experience playing as well.

If anyone wants to invite me along for some shenanigans, I'd be very grateful. I'm not a powergamer, and I think I make for a decent groupmate. If 5E is offered, I'd take it, but I'd like to spread a bit to see other systems in play. I am open minded, but will need coached a fair bit in whatever you drag me into. I'm a quick study though!

My timezone is GMT, though we are in what is laughingly called Summer Time (the rain is warmer!) - GMT+1.
I'd like to play evenings - ideal timing would be 8.30pm to 11.30pm but I can be flexible. Saturdays are already taken, but I could fit in most other nights. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly... I'm easy (as many can attest!)

I'll keep looking on 'LFG' but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post a wee message. I've applied for 2 other groups where there wasn't even the courtesy of a response, so an alternative approach was settled upon!

Cheers for reading :)
Maasq

CrazyGoblinoid
April 15th, 2017, 02:10
How about Pulp Cthulhu (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37797-Pulp-Cthulhu-The-Two-Headed-Serpent-UK-Timezone)?

Skellan
April 15th, 2017, 08:19
Hi Maasq. Our gaming times are very similar - I mostly run savage worlds, does that interest you?

ravenloft713
April 15th, 2017, 08:45
Oh man. I would love to have you but the time zones are kicking our butts. I'd have to host (my time) at midnight or 1 am so yeah... Best of luck!

Maasq
April 15th, 2017, 18:51
Ravenloft - cheers! Pity :)

Crazy - I have replied on your thread.

Skellan - I am keen to try out other systems. I know nothing of SW, so yeah - if you are happy with a total virgin (stop that sniggering at the back) I'm up for it!

computertrucker
April 18th, 2017, 00:58
Why did I try to read this with a Scottish accent? ��

z3phy3r
April 21st, 2017, 13:49
Heyy dude, same time zone, same country too. I'm trying to delve into my first time being a DM and was thinking of running Lost Mines of Phandelver. Thing is my schedule is never set but I was wondering if you'd like to join me in helping me with my first time DMing?

-Zeph

Maasq
April 21st, 2017, 17:10
Yeah, I'd be up for that if we can work out schedules!
Have you posted on the game calendar yet, or are you still at the planning stage?

z3phy3r
April 21st, 2017, 19:33
Yeah, I'd be up for that if we can work out schedules!
Have you posted on the game calendar yet, or are you still at the planning stage?

not posted the calendar yet still in the planning stages, and I can do weekdays, got other games on weekends though with work, sometimes I cant do any of the games at all :(...

My work usually finishes around 2200 or sometimes later. Are you alright with that?

Maasq
April 22nd, 2017, 15:17
Probably not, Zeph. I'm up early with the kids and to get to work, so I like to get to bed by half past 12 at the latest. 2 hours a session isn't very flexible, is it? Sorry, pal.

PXGDAD
April 23rd, 2017, 11:57
I'm looking for my first game with FG as well but weekdays much after 2200 start would be difficult for me as well Zeph.
Maybe just a single weekend session or late Friday night for a few hours would allow us all to roll characters & make a good start though.
I'm not technically Scottish but have lived there a few times & am over 50 - so fairly qualified.

Valarian
April 23rd, 2017, 17:54
We're just about to start a game of Yggdrasill on Sunday evenings (8 pm UK time to around 11 pm). Interested in a Viking game? The GM only has a standard license, so you'd need a license yourself to join.

Maasq
April 23rd, 2017, 18:22
Valarian - sounds interesting. I have never heard of it. I'll try to be there tonight to see what is going on :)

Valarian
April 23rd, 2017, 19:58
Valarian - sounds interesting. I have never heard of it. I'll try to be there tonight to see what is going on :)
Sent you a PM with the alias for the game.
https://cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/yggdrasill/

borusa32
April 23rd, 2017, 20:02
Just starting Yggdrasil RPG-UK text chat only-Sunday nights at 8pm until 11pm at latest

Maasq
April 23rd, 2017, 20:45
Sorry guys, Sunday is a bit busy with sorting out the kids for school the next day. If the invite is still open I will be more organised for next Sunday!

dellanx
April 25th, 2017, 00:20
Maasq, not sure if this time will work for you I run a game weekly on Saturday at 10 pm to 2 pm CST (Chicago) time. It is Pathfinder, long term a combo of Curse of the Crimson Throne and Home Brew. Here is a link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33746-LFP-2-3-Players-3-5-Karvosa-Campaign-Home-Brew-followed-by-The-Curse-of-the-Crimson). I bet it would be Sunday early morning there. PM me if interested.

Dellanx

Maasq
April 25th, 2017, 21:47
Thanks for the offer, Dellanx, but that is sleepy time for me :) I have 2 young kids, so I can't sit up all night like I used to when I was carefree :)

PXGDAD
April 27th, 2017, 19:27
Hi Maasq

I finally decided to take the plunge & buy FG. If I manage to get a simple game ready I will let you know. I'm a fan of Castles & Crusades as it's a rule lite version of AD&D more akin to what I, & probably yourself, played many years ago so I bought that as well. It comes with an intro module so will play around with it this long weekend.

Peter

Valarian
April 30th, 2017, 10:35
Sorry guys, Sunday is a bit busy with sorting out the kids for school the next day. If the invite is still open I will be more organised for next Sunday!
Next session will be on the 7th May. Taking a break for a week as half the current player population (me) is off with family commitments.